yuperz
    yuperz's Avatar Become A Pro!

how was louvile fav -14...?

they look like a team should underdog

yuperz
    yuperz's Avatar Become A Pro!

can anyone explain..college basketball free throw thing?

when is 2shots or not???????? shooting foul is for sure 2 shots tho right?????\

is some conference different?

Cobra07751
    Cobra07751's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by yuperz View Post
    can anyone explain..college basketball free throw thing? when is 2shots or not???????? shooting foul is for sure 2 shots tho right?????\ is some conference different?
    When some gets fouled while they are in the act of shooting the ball (ball DOES NOT go in the basket), they get two shots from the free throw line; If the the ball goes in the basket while they get fouled in the act of shooting they get ONE FREE THROW; Not in the act of shooting: someone gets fouled after the team is in the penalty (5 total team fouls) in the NBA they shoot two shots. In college they get whats called a One in One, meaning they shoot one shot, if it goes in they get another chance. In college if a team has more than 8 or 10 fouls they are in the pentalty, and from there on out they shoot two free throws (not a One in One).

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

in college one and one (called being in the bonus) starts on the 7th team foul in the half but no shots are taking on an offensive foul commited. double bonus is after the 10th foul.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

as for Louisville being 14 pt favorites... I think the public expected that the Cards would dictate the pace and run and transition but clearly since they fell 30 pts shy of their season offensive average, it was Drexel that controlled the game flow.

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

I'm a Kentucky fan so I'm a little bias against louisville but they haven't played anybody all season except unlv and even that's not much. They aren't a very good team, just looked good so far against mediocre competition.

winningdoc
    winningdoc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Drexel is a good team, and hung with Illinois and almost beat Mich St, so give them their props. With that being said, Louisville will put it together and be a tough team in March. And they might even steal one from Kentucky before that. But should they have been favored by -14? I think it was based more on their reputation and lack of knowledge about Drexel.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

people only say this after the 1000 point dog wins, not before. these are college kids and will have terrible games as there are a lot of things going on in their lives right now. kids from louisville been on a good stretch and unbeaten so far. a school like drexel shows up and they take the night off because they think they can win without trying, it happens and will happen more too. make sure you know when they come up because they do. the line was right on paper but that is why you cannot just sit there and think you can cap a game because it isn't that easy. if you don't know the situation you are fukkked.

I'mAWinner
    I'mAWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    people only say this after the 1000 point dog wins, not before. these are college kids and will have terrible games as there are a lot of things going on in their lives right now. kids from louisville been on a good stretch and unbeaten so far. a school like drexel shows up and they take the night off because they think they can win without trying, it happens and will happen more too. make sure you know when they come up because they do. the line was right on paper but that is why you cannot just sit there and think you can cap a game because it isn't that easy. if you don't know the situation you are fukkked.
    Not everybody my friend ! Go to the College Basketball Area and read my thread ! Not everybody.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Bruiser Flint coaches a tough team. We havent heard the last of Drexel from the Colonial this year.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Quote Originally Posted by winningdoc View Post
    Drexel is a good team, and hung with Illinois and almost beat Mich St, so give them their props. With that being said, Louisville will put it together and be a tough team in March. And they might even steal one from Kentucky before that. But should they have been favored by -14? I think it was based more on their reputation and lack of knowledge about Drexel.
    Dude before you try and sound smart please realize that Drexel hasnt even set foot in the state of Illinois. And have no plans on going into the state of Michigan either.I dont see Northern Illinois Central Michigan Southern Illinois or Eastern Michigan or any other Division 1 school from those states listed on there schedule this year. The farthest West that Drexel has traveled this year was and is Louisville if you even count that lol

thebestthereis

Quote Originally Posted by I'mAWinner View Post
    Not everybody my friend ! Go to the College Basketball Area and read my thread ! Not everybody.
    I never said everybody, I said people which is not everybody and a general term. I was making a point about big dogs winning games. I win a ton of these in college every year. Sounds like u do too, glad to hear.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by winningdoc View Post
    Ummm... I think you mean Oakland U there partner...not Drexel

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by 4uk4life View Post
    I'm a Kentucky fan so I'm a little bias against louisville but they haven't played anybody all season except unlv and even that's not much. They aren't a very good team, just looked good so far against mediocre competition.
    Yes you are bias but still somewhat correct... However do not consider UNLV weak or "not that much" because they are far from it.... In fact the MWC will likely have 4 tournament teams with 3 of them will likely do some damage in the tourney as well...

Ndoe206
    Ndoe206's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't believe dey we'ree fave by 14.. team shouldn't b ranked 21.. As for drexel. Props to them

thebestthereis

i will also add that i did not bet the louisville game. i will also add i take the points as well as the spread in these type games. i am not here to tout myself, i don't care what people think of me; i do lose my share of games. i am here to help people win or take them off losing bets. best of luck!