Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did I hear this right?

Dick Vitale likes UConn to win it all? Am I hearing things?

Dead Money
    Dead Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did JJ and Dicky V have a falling out I didn't hear about???

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Well he is right. UCONN is going to win it all.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Money
    Did JJ and Dicky V have a falling out I didn't hear about???
    DM, i heard it was a bad break up

Illusion

Of course he has them going to the title game, but I'm shocked he didn't pick them.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Vitale's analysis is the most useless of any TV analyst. This guy has done nothing for 20 years except pick the higher seeded team. Has he ever picked a 12 seed or 11 seed to win a game in the tournament? Never. Always picks the favorites, and most of the time they lose.

In 1983, he said NC State had no chance against Houston. Two years later, he said Villanova could never beat Georgetown, even though Jim Boeheim said before the Final 4 that St. John's could not beat Georgetown again that season but Villanova could. He said no way Kansas could beat Oklahoma in 1988.

I heard he liked Secretariat in the 1973 Belmont.

Illusion

My local news guys had a segment tonight dedicated to making fun of Vitale and Patrick. It was some of the funniest tv I have ever seen.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I think its about time Vitale retires or goes to work for Duke as anything so we dont have to see or hear him on ESPN or any other network, again.

It is a surprise he picked UCONN to win it all over his beloved Devils. :confused:

Seattle Slew

I don't mind him picking a chalk to win the tournament, but one frecking time, give me a 12-seed that can win an early game and stop kissing the asses of all the big-time coaches. He always says "this team will play well, but in the end I expect "enter favored team" to come out with the W."

Clark Kellogg is no better on CBS. Famous for lines like "If Michigan State shoots the ball well, they can win." Really?

I think his Final 4 was the four No. 1 seeds.

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew
    I think his Final 4 was the four No. 1 seeds.
    What a joke. These guys need to grow a set and step out on a limb every once in awhile.

imgv94

I think Vitale is just saying he likes UCONN to win it all. I think he really
    thinks Duke and his gay lover JJ will win. They gave Duke the easiest
    route to the final four. I would be very surprised to see duke gone
    before the Final Four. I hope they lose but the teams in that region
    are weak.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with Vitale here...

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

To each their own when it comes to broadcasters and such. But a lot of this anti-Vitale stuff is just as boring and useless as Vitale's over-exhuberance with regards to Duke and the ACC. I heard Vitale talk up UNC-Wilmington, a #9, and Wisconsin-Milwaukee, a #11, last night, giving each a solid chance to win their opener. Suggesting he always leans on the favorites is hogwash.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vitale's analysis is the most useless of any TV analyst. This guy has done nothing for 20 years except pick the higher seeded team. Has he ever picked a 12 seed or 11 seed to win a game in the tournament? Never. Always picks the favorites, and most of the time they lose.

In 1983, he said NC State had no chance against Houston. Two years later, he said Villanova could never beat Georgetown, even though Jim Boeheim said before the Final 4 that St. John's could not beat Georgetown again that season but Villanova could. He said no way Kansas could beat Oklahoma in 1988.

I heard he liked Secretariat in the 1973 Belmont.

Yep, I'm so sick of his little 11 year-old boy antics that make him famous.

Actually, it's people like him and John Madden that tell me basketball and football played in the old days never happened and shouldn't be counted. Thats why I always say that a Division 3 recruit in those sports is better than anAll-Star back in their day. These people have absolutely no clue about the game at all. Seriously, none.

Vitale does every Duke game and says the exact same things. "Paulus was a great 2 sport athlete in high school". "McRoberts is going to be a star, I'm looking forward to seeing him the next 4 years". Hello, dumbass, he's even dumber than he looks if he thinks MCRoberts is staying 4 years. Also, he says wait till next year when he moves to his natural post position. Bullshit. In high school, he didn't even play the post that much. They kinda ran the Cincy style offense when Huggins was there. He was more free to do anything he wanted. Usually just clear-outs or him attempting threes. Afterall, he was the #1 recruit in the nation last year, and only averaged 17 points a game for a team that never made it out of a sectional until this year when he isn't even there.

He has no clue about the game. Him, Madden, Goodlatte and that damn senator in Arizona, McClain or something like that. I would just love to go up to all those guys, push them down, and not let them back up until they call a press conference admitting to the world that they should no longer be considered real people.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm convinced that the second you sign as a recruit to Duke, they send you a lifetime supply of goofy pills. Apparently Paulus has been taking too many of his.

Seattle Slew

Willie Bee, your post is exactly what I said. He gives the lower ranked teams "a chance." Of course they have a chance, the 11 is playing a 6 and the 9 is playing an 8. Those are usually toss-up games. It's picking a 12 or 13 to win a game before it happens that he never does.

Did he pick either of them to win the game outright? Does he ever say a team is "overrated." No. Everyone is great. Every coach is great. Kinda like Chris Berman on the NFL. A coach can go 0-16 and Berman will; say "tough year, but he'll be back."

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    To each their own when it comes to broadcasters and such. But a lot of this anti-Vitale stuff is just as boring and useless as Vitale's over-exhuberance with regards to Duke and the ACC. I heard Vitale talk up UNC-Wilmington, a #9, and Wisconsin-Milwaukee, a #11, last night, giving each a solid chance to win their opener. Suggesting he always leans on the favorites is hogwash.

Willie Bee

So which 12's and lower are you picking to win outright this week, Slew?

imgv94

Did he pick either of them to win the game outright? Does he ever say a team is "overrated." No. Everyone is great. Every coach is great. Kinda like Chris Berman on the NFL. A coach can go 0-16 and Berman will; say "tough year, but he'll be back."

Seattle Slew, you make a great point about Vitale and
    Berman. I agree 100%..

imgv94

Willie, your aggies are going to win on Thurs my man.

Willie Bee

Hope you're right, imgv. Like I told you before, I never get a good feel on Texas A&M since I'm too attached.

The only double-digit seeds I picked in round 1 were Alabama, South Alabama and Wisconsin-Milwaukee. I'll probably get them all wrong and be wrong as well for picking 'Cuse over the Fightin' Texas Aggies. Whoop!

Seattle Slew

I'm kinda against Nevada a little. They always seem to play close games. But I don't know anything about Montana plus 7.

I think Texas A&M got screwed in the seeds. They should have been much higher with their strong finish. I think having no history in the tournament hurt them. But can they beat Syracuse here? I'm shocked the game is a pick 'em.

imgv94

Texas A&M look so good to me it's sick bro. Know this willie I will be
    rooting Texas A&M hard sir. I think they can make the sweet 16.