Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Missouri Valley

Creighton plays in my hometown and I go to several of their games each year. I pay a lot of attention to the Missouri Valley conference and always try to share my insight to MoValley games.

I've watched 3 of Creightons games this year. (1 was preseason)

Creighton is just not that good this year. Atleast not yet. New coach this year. I just dont think this team is in the position to give up 12 points tonight. LA Lafayette returns 4 starters from last year's team.

Creighton plays in one of the largest venues in college basketball and they are always in the top 10 in the nation in attendance. Some teams can't handle playing in a hostile environment like that. Looking back to last year LA Lafayette played at LSU and only lost 58-66.

Tonights play:

LA Lafayette +12

Points Awarded:

zephyr gave Husker36 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

suicideking08
    suicideking08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I like it. The MO Valley conference is one of my favorites.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

eh but lets compare Lafayette to New Mexico State. New Mexico State ran them over on there own homecourt.

testudo
    testudo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

NM State is slowly but surely turning into an elite team in that conference.

eatdust11
    eatdust11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

I think Creighton is better than they have shown so far... not sure when they'll turn the corner though

Strange Design
    Strange Design's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Question for those of you who know the MVC better than I. What are your thoughts on Drake +7.5 tonight @ Iowa State? There's some strange line movement going on there (spread went from +8.5 to +7.5 with 57%+ on ISU). Any chance they keep it close on the road tonight?

EDIT: Same thing with Missouri State @ Tennessee tonight. Spread moved from +7 to +5.5 with the majority of the bets on Tennessee.
    Last edited by Strange Design; 11-17-10 at 12:33 PM.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

I saw that Drake line we need to give that Drake team some time to mold before we start playing them I think.

Husker36

Big Rivalry game. Iowa State with a new head coach (with no coaching experience). Not sure what to expect from either team yet.

Strange Design

Thanks fellas, I appreciate the input.

BetThemDogs
    BetThemDogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Cuonzo Martin in his 3rd year at Mo St (or-- SW Mo. for us old timers) He's a fiery coach and has really improved this team. Everybody back from team that won Collegeinsider.com post season tourny last year. Good shot to win the Valley. Will take the Vols to the wire and perhaps the outright win.

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Nice call, Husker. Whenever you have Missouri Valley thoughts, they're much appreciated.

Strange Design

Agreed. Keep this thread going. Tailed you on LA Lafayette, avoided Drake, and took Missou St. based on insight from this thread.

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Nice call, Husker. Whenever you have Missouri Valley thoughts, they're much appreciated.
    Thanks

suicideking08
    suicideking08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Missouri State -1.5 vs. Tulsa
    The Bears have had a solid start to their year going 3-0 against the spread and staying very close to a talented Vols team the other night. They go on the road to play Tulsa who they beat last year by 8 points and that is when Tulsa had 7 foot Jerome Jordan. The Bears are a potential tourney team and they know they need to get wins like this one on the road if they want an at large bid and I think they will step up and get a win here.

Spartan14745
    Spartan14745's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Thanks suicideking, I'm gonna blindly tail you on this for a small play and follow you guys on this thread.