nikevols
    nikevols's Avatar Become A Pro!

Loading up for March Madness....My NCAA Plays

Here I will post my NCAAB plays....I will post sparingly and hopefully successfully...My goal is to load up as much cash as I can before taking a trip to Vegas for the tourney....Posted Rhode Island +11.5 vs. Pitt on Paco's thread the other day and thought it'd be best to start my own thread over here...Best of luck this year fellas!

Year to Date: 1-0 (+1 Unit)

11/10
    COC +14 @ Maryland (1 unit)

College of Charleston is expected to have its best lineup of players in Bobby Cremins tenure. They have the best trio of players in the SOCON in Goudelock, Simmons, and Monroe. They also have Antwaine Wiggins and Matt Sundberg returning from an injury plagued year. Frosh James Carlton has already been voted Newcomer of the year in the SOCON. Keep in mind, this team won 22 games last season. This year, not making the NCAA tourney would be a huge disappointment. Based on COC alone, I like them to easily cover the 14 points on the road in College Park.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

good luck ... like them as well but we'll see if I can pull the trigger

nikevols

Good luck mlb..looks like a real solid play to me...I wouldn't be suprised if COC threatened to take the game for a bit

nikevols

YTD 2-0 (+2 units)
    Money in the bank
    Couldn't have capped that one better...Already have some early leans for Friday...be back then

Lovegamblin
    Lovegamblin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

ill be checking in nikevols. thanks again for coc. lets win some cash in college hoops this year. good luck man

nikevols

Quote Originally Posted by Lovegamblin View Post
    ill be checking in nikevols. thanks again for coc. lets win some cash in college hoops this year. good luck man
    Have a couple games on Friday I have my eye on...Lets get em

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

You mean loading up for my bachelor party during MARCH MADNESS

nikevols

Quote Originally Posted by bballs84 View Post
    You mean loading up for my bachelor party during MARCH MADNESS
    3sho!

rise
    rise's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

great call cash money

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

great start to the year... like the analysis you provided as well.

nikevols

11/12

UW-Milwaukee +5.5 @ Portland (2 units)

UW-Milwaukee will win this game! Getting 5.5 points here is a gift. First of all, Portland lost 4 starters from last years 21 win squad. SG Jared Stohl has the ability to hit the 3 from anywhere in the gym but as a whole, they lost a lot of outside shooting this year. Their depth can not come close to matching UWM. UWM finished last season on a positive note winning 9 of its last 11 games to finish with 20 wins. The Panthers also took a trip to Italy in August and went 4-0 overseas. All that means to me is that this team already has their legs under them and are in basketball shape. They return 3 starters from last years squad as well as their top 3 reserves. Not to mention, they return SG Tony Boyle who led their team in scoring 2 years ago. He sat out all last year with a back injury. They will also enjoy newcomers in PG Kaylon Williams who is a transfer from Evansville. He led the MVC in assist as a frosh. Also G Ryan Allen (brother of Tony Allen) should provide depth of the bench. Expect 10 guys to see 10 mins plus in this game. Remember this is an early game (1:30 here on the West Coast).

tshafer
    tshafer's Avatar Become A Pro!

you have convinced me, im laying 44 to win 40. thanks

nikevols

S. Mississippi +2 @ USF (1 unit)

Coach Larry Eustachy has said this is the most talented group he's had since coming to S. Miss 7 years ago. This team won 20 games last year and not making the tourney this year would be a huge disappointment. They return all 5 starters including F Gary Flowers. He is their heart and soul and is a preseason first team all C-USA selection. This team is extremely long and lengthy (thats what she said). They start 6'10 Maurice Bolden at SG. They win games because of their defense. They allowed under 60 PPG in conference last season. They topped the conference in many defensive categories last year and expect to do the same this season. This is an extremely deep and versatile bunch. USF does return big men Augustus Gilchrist and Jarrid Famous but their backcourt will not be able to keep up with S.Miss depth and fresh legs. Another outright win here as an underdog

nikevols

Quote Originally Posted by tshafer View Post
    you have convinced me, im laying 44 to win 40. thanks
    GL man. Lets get it!

nikevols

Staying away from G-Town vs ODU. Was hoping ODU would have been a 3-4 point dog in this one but now they are a PK em. Plus, the public is really pounding them. ODU is one of the best mid-majors out there but this game can go either way.

nikevols

UWM laid an egg....They had no answer for Portlands pressure D....S Miss got the job done with their D late....lost a unit on the day...get em tom

YTD 3-1 (+1 unit)

nikevols

11/13/10

UW-Milwaukee -1.5 vs. Fla Atlantic (1 unit)

Going right back with them..This team is alot better than they played..I expect them to shoot better than 34% from the field and 27% from 3 pt land..They are a much better team talent wise than Fla Atlantic and Rob Jeter is the superior coach.

nikevols

San Diego St. -6.5 @ Long Beach St. (2 units)

Sorry for no write-up guys...Really busy today but this is a really strong play. SD St is stacked and do not have to travel far for this one. I will get back to to write-ups tomorrow. GL

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

follwed on san diego great play mate thank you

nikevols

Quote Originally Posted by therealdealau View Post
    follwed on san diego great play mate thank you
    Good play man

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

anything for today?

nikevols

San Diego St. coming thru with a big second half....New rule: stay away from UW-Milwaukee...Have one play for today..will post shortly

YTD 4-2 (+2 units)

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Guess no plays today

nikevols

Fla Atlantic +7 @ Portland (2 units)

Really liking the Owls here. Mike Jarvis is doing a great job turning around this program. This year they return 9 of their top 10 scorers. This team like to get after it with their pressure D and unlike UW-Milwaukee, they will be able to handle the pressure put on from Portland. Guard play is strong from Fla Atlantic and I expect them to get easy buckets off turnovers. Definitely like getting 7 points here. GL

bballs84

24 hours of college BBALL....

nikevols

YTD 4-3

Whoever came up with the 24 hours of college bball is genius

nikevols

11/15/10

2 Plays for today

Fairfield +2 @ Rutgers (1 unit)

As for any first year coach taking over a bottom feeder program, Rutgers coach Mike Rice is going to be faced with a serious challenge. Rutgers lost many players from last years 15-17 squad to graduation or transfer. G Mike Rosario is no longer with the team as he sits out a year at Florida. Big man Greg Echenique was quickly becoming one of the best young players in the Big East before he transerred as well. Fellow Big Hamady Ndiaye was a second round draft pick. They did have a nice recuiting class but they most likely won't show promise until next season. Fairfield on the other hand only lost one player from their 23 win squad. They are the preseason favorite to win the MAAC this year. They came close to winning it last year but fell short to Siena in the conference championship game. PG Derek Needam carries this team. He won the Freshman of the year honors last year in the MAAC and is the favorite to win player of the year honors this year. F Greg Nero is also back this year after missing all last season with a weak immune system. He averaged near 13 ppg and 7 reb in 08-09. Bottom line is that this Fairfield team is solid while Rutgers is starting over. This Rutgers team should be improved under Rice but they will hit some major bumps early on. Go Stags!

nikevols

St. Johns +4 @ St. Marys (2 units)

St. Marys lost C Ohmar Samhan and PF Ben Allen. These two bigs were crucial in opening up the outside game for the Gaels. Sain Marys does return 3 starters in McConnel, Dellavedova, and Steindl. They also have transfers Rob Jones (San Diego) and Kenyon Walker (Creighton) to round out there starting lineup. St. Marys can be dangerous from the outside but the lack of an presence give St. Johns the advantage. Steve Lavin takes over the Red Storm this year. However, unlike most first year head coached, Lavin endures a team with 10 seniors on it. Thee players include Paris Horne, Justin Burrell, DJ Kennedy, Dwight Hardy, Justin Brownlee, Malik Boothe, and Sean Evans. Lavin also brought in friend and former Purdue coach Gene Keady to help with the coaching staff. G/F Paris Horne will be the best player on the court tonight. This team is loaded with depth and can go big or small. I expect their talent to outwork the Gaels tonight.

nikevols

Rough weekend after starting 3-1...Tough to judge teams this early so play at your own risk..To me, early capping is based a lot on what teams have returning and what are expectations

SecretGreene
    SecretGreene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thank you for the write ups. You and TPowell both hit the same point, and you also mention Coach Keady as an assistant coach to a Coach who also inherit a team with upperclassmen and won a National Championship. I think that is worth 4 points.

nikevols

Quote Originally Posted by SecretGreene View Post
    Thank you for the write ups. You and TPowell both hit the same point, and you also mention Coach Keady as an assistant coach to a Coach who also inherit a team with upperclassmen and won a National Championship. I think that is worth 4 points.
    Yeah they have a chance this year to make a run in the Big East. They are certainly flying under the radar and rightfully so. Time to prove it and it starts tonight! GL

bballs84

Nevada +5.5

nikevols

Nothing worse than losing a bet by 1 point..Well I guess losing by the hook but a loss is a loss

YTD 4-5 (-3 units)

nikevols

A lot of good games on the board today thanks to the marathon...I see 4 games that I really like and may add some more small plays as the day goes on...Here are my 4

La Salle @ Baylor -16 (1 unit)

Baylors length, size, and speed is a whole new level for La Salle. Lace Dunn is still suspended by Anthony Jones, Quincy Acy, and Frosh Perry Jones will get it done for the Bears.

Ohio St. +2 @ Florida (2 units)

Ohio St. lost Evan Turner but they do have every other key contributor back from last years team. Buford, Diebler and Lighty will run the back court. Lauderdale and newcomer Jared Sullinger will be big inside. If you havent seen Sullinger yet, just know the guy is a beast. He is a one and done player but will have a huge impact on this game and for Ohio St. this year. Florida does return all 5 starters and and has a top recruiting class but Ohio St players are more experienced and flat out better.

Butler +2 @ Louisville (3 units)

I do not know why Louisville is favored in the game. Pitino has to replace all 5 starters from last years squad for this game. They lost guys to graduation and have other injured right now. Pitino does have some solid newcomers this season but Butler has already been where Louisville hopes to one day go. Butler lost Hayward to the draft but returns Nored, Mack, and Howard. They also managed to recruit to solid freshman. Watch for Zach Hahn being a threat from the outside off the bench.

San Diego St. +5.5 @ Gonzaga (2 units)

I really like this San Diego St. team this year. They are absolutely stacked returning almost all of their guys from last years NCAA tourney team. They return 83% of their scoring and 81% of their rebounding. Gonzaga will be solid as always but this is anybody's game. I'll take the dog with 5.5 points.

GL to everyone today. Hoping to get right back on the winning side. Been in a mini slump lately but It will turn around real soon. Stick with it.

nikevols

Va Tech +7 @ Kansas St. (1 unit)

12 Last