TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Look-Ahead to Tommorow

Pitt -18 vs Illinois Chicago
    Maryland -9 vs Charleston
    Texas -21 vs Louisiana Tech
    Illinois -25 vs Toledo

1. I like Charleston to AT LEAST have a chance to win with 3-4 minutes left, who knows from there though
    2. Texas seems like a good bet, they played with much more intensity after the half tonight

sonnybaby
    sonnybaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 942

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Pitt -18 vs Illinois Chicago
    Maryland -9 vs Charleston
    Texas -21 vs Louisiana Tech
    Illinois -25 vs Toledo

1. I like Charleston to AT LEAST have a chance to win with 3-4 minutes left, who knows from there though
    2. Texas seems like a good bet, they played with much more intensity after the half tonight

thought it was wed

TPowell

fuk, just saw that

hitthew8room
    hitthew8room's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Charelston is good, Andrew Goudelock comes back who may be one of the best small conference guards in the country, along with there best big man Jeremy Simmons, and a couple nice outside threats. The problem will be that Maryland plays VERY good defense, and might be better defensively this year than last. While Vasquez had steals, he was very slow footed and routinely was late in rotation. That said, i think Charleston keeps it close but Maryland will pull away and get stops in the second half. Jordan Williams should have a big big game as well. I go to Maryland. Maryland 71- Charleston 58

masontnk
    masontnk's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought SU was going to put on a better show on monday. They played well first half and then all dooms day came down

TPowell

me too pal, Seattle was a play I liked

TPowell

Maryland -14
    Pitt -20
    Illinois -28
    Texas -21

that's according to Ken Pom, should be pretty accurate. Within 3 points on 3 games, only outlier was Maryland by 5. Not bad

TPowell

Maryland: -9 according to me, -14 according to Ken Pom and actual line
    Pitt: -18 according to me, -20 according to Ken Pom and -23.5 on actual line
    Illinois: -25 according to me, -28 according to Ken Pom and -29.5 on actual line
    Texas: -21 according to me and Ken Pom, -19 on actual line

TPowell

Pitt is overpriced but I have a feeling they could bounce back strong after a lackluster game against RI. I still like Charleston against Maryland. Illinois seems a little overpriced as well but Toledo only won 4 games last year. Lastly, Texas seems right to me but they do pretty well at covering big spreads

Charleston + the number is my #1 play tommorow
    Texas could also end up a play

rise
    rise's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

give me the points Charleston

Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Good luck on your plays tomorrow but this early its a crap shoot. Personally, I won't be playing for a while. This early I'd consider any underdog a play, but I'm not touching anything right now.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Dukebluejms View Post
    Good luck on your plays tomorrow but this early its a crap shoot. Personally, I won't be playing for a while. This early I'd consider any underdog a play, but I'm not touching anything right now.
    One would think that but the truth is, you just have to evaluate all the information you have and use intuition to sort through whats relevant and what's not relevant. I'm loving COC tommorow. They return 3 starters, basically 4 though because one of their best post playesr was out the whole year last year. COC won't be that small, I know they'll start 2 guys around 6'8. Their backcourt will be extremely good and will challenge Maryland with their experience.

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

texas -21??? wow... hell no... they suck

TPowell

LA Tech has lost everything, I would be the UNDER in this game if a gun to my head. Only problem is the line already moved like 5 points so I'll pass

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

I hate Texas but . LA.TECH graduated there best player in Magnum Rolle. I liked his play he was pretty good player. Texas wont have a problem winning this game.

That CoC game is really giving me a whirl. Isnt history on the Southern Conference side in this one to? Doesnt an ACC team go down to a Southern once a year?

LTCOL27
    LTCOL27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    I hate Texas but . LA.TECH graduated there best player in Magnum Rolle. I liked his play he was pretty good player. Texas wont have a problem winning this game.

That CoC game is really giving me a whirl. Isnt history on the Southern Conference side in this one to? Doesnt an ACC team go down to a Southern once a year?
    I don't know if it is definitely every year, but it has got to be very close to that. The Southern Conference teams always get fired up for games against the ACC. College of Charleston, App. St, Western Carolina, Citadel, Wofford, Furman, Elon, Davidson, UNCG, are all North Carolina or South Carolina schools. That is 9 teams out of the 12 team Southern Conference that are located in the Carolinas, and in close proximity to ACC teams. They feel like they are the little step-brothers of Duke, NC State, Carolina, Clemson, Wake Forest, etc. and nothing gets them more fired up than when they have a chance to play them.

You may remember, COC upset UNC last year in OT. Even though it was a down year for the Tar Heels, Carolina was still ranked #9 at the time. That was a huge deal for COC.

I also remember Davidson upsetting NC State in 2008 and I remember UNCG pulling off an upset against Georgia Tech in 2007.

College of Charleston +14 against Maryland is definitely intriguing...
    Last edited by LTCOL27; 11-10-10 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Typo

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

COC is the best play on the board today. I was hoping for Texas -15, so, it's no play for me (LaTech is struggle for at least the first half of the season, if not the whole season).