unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Friday's Picks, 3-0 sweep thursday

Yes, I joined yesterday to give some people picks and didn't disappoint with a sweep of UNC -8, Louisville -3, and over the posted total in WV/Xavier game.

Today I have to side with:
    Texas -2
    Wisconsin -4.5 or -5 (depends where you bet)

Texas is going to give Stanford all it can handle in this one. I just want to start off by saying Texas only played one Pac 10 team this season and they went to UCLA and beat the bruins. Now Stanford plays a total different style than Texas so like the UNC game last night something has to give. I would have to say that guard play is the key in the tourney and folks Texas has two of the best in the country. A.J. Abrams, and D.J. Augustine will control the pace in this one. Look what Marquette was able to do to Stanford. Texas will look to push and neutralize the lopez twins. Texas is as physical of a team as you are going to find. They have plenty of big bodies to throw at the Lopez twins something Marquette did not have. Look for Abrams and Augustine to take this game over and Texas rolls to the Elite 8.

Now I am not a huge believer in the Big 10 but you have to admire the defense of the Wisconsin Badgers under Bo Ryan. This team can flat out bring it on the defensive side of the ball and then that fuels them on the offensive side of the ball. All I have to say is Stephen Curry meet Michael Flowers. Flowers is probably the best defender in the nation. Curry will not get 35 in this one and the one man show that is Davidson will meet their maker tonight. This game will be won in the half court as both teams like to set up and run the shot clock to get high percentage shots. No team does this better than Wisconsin and they will win this game with shut down defense. There is one thing I am sure about and that is Wisconsin and Bo Ryan will be ready on the defensive side for Curry. Case and point: look what Wisconsin has done so far in the tourney, with two routes and one of those was against a high flying Kansas St squad with a future NBA star in Beasley. They just play tough defensive and it frustrates whoever they are playing making the other team force up bad shot after bad shot. Look for Davidson to fall behind by double digits again like the first two rounds but this time they aren't going to come back. Davidson the one man team is going home tonight.

JGray1
    JGray1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im on the horns as well, as far as davidson I know the type d wisconsin brings but curry is flat out unreal. You look at him in that kids body and just perplexed what he does on the court, they have played the big boys ucla,unc,gtown,duke and been in all the games. He can be held down for 30 minutes and explode at anytime. As far as your comparison with k state they have been in a downward free fall for some time now and they got a bid because they got the best college player hands down weve seen for sometime. Davidson is more fundamentally sound and plays better team d. K st d is terrible. Obviously the focus will be on curry but richards sander meno lovedale and co will have to step up in a big way tonite. It should be a tough tight game, not picturing a beatdown but anything possible good luck with your plays

junkman773
    junkman773's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome Bol
    JUNK

unde0087
    Did we win?

Curry is a good player but the reason he got alot of his points in the first two games is because Gtown and Gonzaga tried to play an up tempo game and that ended up giving him open looks. That got him on track and then he started knocking down alot of shots. I know Gtown is a good defensive team but they tend to get alittle out of control when hibbert leaves the game and Ewing Jr gets in the game. That helped Curry but you wont see that in this one. There is a reason Wisconsin is favored by this much in this game. You can win games in the first two rounds with one player but for everyone to think this kid is going to score that many points every game is just too much. The clock strikes 12 on the cinderella because to win games from the sweet 16 on you have to have duel threats. Curry has scored half of his teams points in the two comeback wins. Not tonight. Yes they played with UNC, Duke and teams like that but those teams play up tempo basketball. Wisconsin puts you to sleep and then slowly pulls away always playing their game.

JGray1

im not saying you wrong but he can flat out get it done quick release and they are effecient on the offensive end but they played at ucla and were running with them also beat gtown. Gonzaga im not counting them they werent even stepping out on screens there d was a joke and I understand wisconsin style will be an unbelievable test for the soph but he is a gamer. Wisconsin big physical frontline will play a role especially if davidson gets in foul trouble early and no they cant fall back by 20 and expect to make another comeback. Its just an intriquing matchup that im anxiously waiting to see how it plays out good luck also im a youngster but i think i recall a john wallace single handidly taking the cuse to the title game. Not saying that he is going to make a run at the 4 but anything is possible in a one game sequence.

unde0087
    Did we win?

i know anything is possible but i have had a huge tourney with big profits so far, i just post these for others if they want them....i don't think i will win them all but these are my plays....we will see what happens tonight.....but if anyone followed me last night i could lose both of these and they would still be up money but i really believe that this is a 2-0 sweep.

JGray1

keep up the winnings on the horns with you gl

CashMoney
    CashMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

GL....I'm on the same 2 games.

unde0087
    Did we win?

let me just add this piece of info for people still having problems thinking wisconsin doesn't cover here. Wisconsin has covered 9 of the last 10 games. And they are 4-0 when playing teams from the Southern Conference. And for those who still think Curry is going to score 35 points, wisconsin has only allowed 53.9 a game so that leaves the rest of the team 8 points even if curry scores that much. I don't know how you would side with a team that has only beat 2 ranked teams in the last 30 years, those both coming the last two wins.