ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

how about that big east

another one bites the dust

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

West Virginia and Villanova are still in with Louisville pending. It could be worse.

Ship It!
    Ship It!'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Why the haterade for the Big E? They have had a disappointing showing so far but you don't measure the strength of the conference solely on the NCAA tourney. It's too long of a season to simply look at # of remaining teams by conference and make deductions from that.

What conf are you touting?

ryanXL977

pac10

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ship It! View Post
    Why the haterade for the Big E? They have had a disappointing showing so far but you don't measure the strength of the conference solely on the NCAA tourney. It's too long of a season to simply look at # of remaining teams by conference and make deductions from that.

What conf are you touting?

Please don't get worked up over Ryan. His dad lets him use his computer for a few hours each day.

ryanXL977

big east did what? lost a bunch of round 2 games. so not sure they have a right to be compared to the pac10. same thing every year, big east chkes. uconn chokes, gtown chokes, marquette chokes, lville will choke

Ship It!

Had it not been for awful officiating, UCLA would be out of the tournament

I will give Stanford credit. They knocked out Marquette and are a solid team. But, the first athletic team with any size will dispatch them quickly.

Washington St just sux. Dont even go there. Carolina will slaughter those tree huggers.

I am not a Big E proponent but am enough of a basketball fan to know that they placed 8 very good teams into the tourney, regardless of whether or not they are still alive.

ryanXL977

washington state sucks? yet they shut nd down. funny. wash st sucks. thats epic.

nd isnt int wash stats league, hence they lost by 20.
    uconn lost to SD
    gtown lost to davidson
    the case is closed dude

Ship It!

You're an idiot. I will take zootie's advice and not waste my time with you.

Sad thing is that nobody on this board respects anything you have to say but you keep posting as if you are making a contribution.

You'll lose all your money and be gone by NBA playoffs.

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    washington state sucks? yet they shut nd down. funny. wash st sucks. thats epic.

nd isnt int wash stats league, hence they lost by 20.
    uconn lost to SD
    gtown lost to davidson
    the case is closed dude
    That was basicly a home game for Davidson, so scratch that. Notre Dame had their worst offensive performace in half a century, so I don't take much stock into the WSU blowout. Don't get me started with the Duke of the west. (UCLA) That fraud team gets every fvcking call and shouldn't even be a one seed. Those crooked mother-fvcking Pac-10 officials handed them that. UCLA will exposed and I can't wait!!!!! Kudos to Stanford, that was an impressive win.

ryanXL977

basiclaly a home game for davidson? so it doesnt count because gtown had to go to carolina to play? therefore the game doesnt count. ok. got it

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Only conference that has looked bad during the touney is the ACC. Other than UNC the others looked just okay. Big East,Pac-10,Big12 and SEC have all been impressive. All very good conferences.

ryanXL977

i just dont see a clear cut best conference
    clearl the big east isnt any better than the pac10
    thats not even debateable

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Big 10 has looked good too. No conference has really stood out as being good or bad other than ACC.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Ryan, be a man and stfu your a fairweather fan of everybody anyway. I can and ****ing WILL say the Big East is better than the Pac 10

ryanXL977

i am not a fan of the big east at all. i live in sf so i am a fan of the pac10. i have never been a fan of the bigeast
    they looked good first round but thats over with
    the big east is about done
    unless you think nova and wvu will win
    and i dont think they will

OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

i live in sf so i am a fan of the pac10. i have never been a fan of the bigeast
    I live in Toronto. Which conference should I cheer for?

ryanXL977

up to you

hi-rez
    hi-rez's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have to mention my Big 12 here

TPowell

eat crow you stupid tool. Louisville choking? Maybe choking the life out of Tennessee en route to a ****ing FInal 4

ryanXL977

lville aint better than tenn

Ship It!

lville aint better than tenn
    Then why are they favored moron?

ryanXL977

great point
    a team who is favored must be better than the other team
    like gtown , pitt, and duke

TPowell

lol so did Louisville choke today dumbass? If they arent better than Tennessee than how are they going to choke? You lose tool

ryanXL977

they will lose to tennessee
    calm down
    last week you said how good the big east was and now they are almost all gone, and will be next week
    the pac10 will not be gone however

Wheell
    Wheell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1022

The Big East had an expected value of 11.5 wins in the tournament. Currently they have 10. Louisville is a slight favorite over Tennessee (which I think is accurate), West Virginia is a slight favorite over Xavier (I would have made Xavier a tiny favorite), and Villanova is expected to get crushed by Kansas (I'm laying the points). Overall the Big East is basically playing about average relative to the overall expectations.

The Big 10 and Big 12 are both playing above expectations (EV for the Big 10 was 4.5 wins, current EV is 6.5 wins, EV for the Big 12 was 8.5 wins, current EV is 10 wins).

The ACC had an expected value of 8.5 wins, their current EV is 6 wins. It is UNC or bust, and I am taking the points with Washington St.

As for the Pac 10, 2 teams went out in the first round, 3 teams remain. Wash St. is a dog against UNC, Stanford is a tiny dog against Texas (pretty much pick'em, which is surprising given location), and UCLA is a solid favorite over Western Kentucky. I didn't run the pre-tournament numbers on the Pac 10 for total wins but I do know the conference odds for winning the tournament have risen dramatically.

I didn't run any numbers on the SEC, but right now Tennessee is a dog against Louisville so the SEC probably doesn't see the elite 8.

Overall I would have to say the ACC and SEC are down right now, with the other majors doing just fine.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheell View Post
    The Big East had an expected value of 11.5 wins in the tournament. Currently they have 10. Louisville is a slight favorite over Tennessee (which I think is accurate), West Virginia is a slight favorite over Xavier (I would have made Xavier a tiny favorite), and Villanova is expected to get crushed by Kansas (I'm laying the points). Overall the Big East is basically playing about average relative to the overall expectations.

The Big 10 and Big 12 are both playing above expectations (EV for the Big 10 was 4.5 wins, current EV is 6.5 wins, EV for the Big 12 was 8.5 wins, current EV is 10 wins).

The ACC had an expected value of 8.5 wins, their current EV is 6 wins. It is UNC or bust, and I am taking the points with Washington St.

As for the Pac 10, 2 teams went out in the first round, 3 teams remain. Wash St. is a dog against UNC, Stanford is a tiny dog against Texas (pretty much pick'em, which is surprising given location), and UCLA is a solid favorite over Western Kentucky. I didn't run the pre-tournament numbers on the Pac 10 for total wins but I do know the conference odds for winning the tournament have risen dramatically.

I didn't run any numbers on the SEC, but right now Tennessee is a dog against Louisville so the SEC probably doesn't see the elite 8.

Overall I would have to say the ACC and SEC are down right now, with the other majors doing just fine.
    Good post here. Let's all just get along. There are great teams all around. Let's just enjoy the games.

ryanXL977

how did the big east only have 11 expected wins ?

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I stopped fighting with people and proclaiming this team or that team will win a game in the NCAA tournament. These teams play with so much heart, it makes it really hard to pick winners.

Usually I only bet on the high ranking teams playing against each other on the spread, because you get a lot more exposure to those teams.

One thing I have noticed this year, is all the ticky-tack foul calls on the big men.

Quebb Diesel
    Quebb Diesel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

i was saying no big east team will get into the elite 8 before the tourney started...come on vols!!!

ryanXL977

thats right

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    One thing I have noticed this year, is all the ticky-tack foul calls on the big men.
    You can thank Greg Oden for that.

Wheell
    Wheell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1022

Ryan: Villanova was a dog. UConn and Pittsburgh were 50-50 to make the sweet 16. Louisville and GTown were dogs to make the elite 8. West Virginia was a coin flip against Zona in the 1st round. Notre Dame was a dog to make the sweet 16. Marquette was a dog to make the sweet 16. 11.5 wins for 8 teams is about fair for the Big East.

ryanXL977

i see