BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Does anyone still believe college basketball games are on "the up-and-up"

If you were skeptical about fixes and player awareness of the pointspread, one only needed to watch the final 1:00 of the Stanford/UCLA game.

UCLA up 8 with 2.0 seconds left and launches the ball down court as if they were down by 1 pt to cover the -8.5/-9 spread. Not to mention a very questionable intentional foul.

These type of games make you wonder about the integrity of the games

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

that made me a believer that both players and coaches are fully aware of the spreads, and may influence play to determine the outcome. ive seen some sketchy finishes before, but that was so blatant.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The clock didn't start on time either. I've never seen a beat as bad as that one.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

that one hurt

SchlepRock
    SchlepRock's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont think any sport is on the up and up. I think alot of games are fixed. FOOTBALL being #1

I had UCLA so im not about the game. Just my 2 cents.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

That blocked shot at the end of regulation was a perfect block. No way was that a foul. That's what put the game in OT. Trent Johnson was rightfully pissed.

(I had UCLA, and a UCLA-over parlay, so I, very luckily, came out about 3 units up on this game, but it still raised my eyebrows.)

ryanXL977

there were more than 3 questionmable calls in the last 3 mins alone
    nonn calls vs stanf
    phantoms vs ucla

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

and look at how many games come down to this....yesterday Temple was up 7 with 6 sec left...a Duquesne player in bounds the ball and they make a layup with 2 sec left and killed a lot of plays for people...why run down and shoot a f*cking layup down 7 in that situation??

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Top 3 sick losses of my betting career.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    Top 3 sick losses of my betting career.

do you really think only one ref was on the take??How many NBA refs got nailed for cashing in their business class tickets then flying coach...pocketing the difference....they got nailed by the IRS for this but I don't remember how many...

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stanford loss...especially being with a last second full court pass layup, was one of the worst beats Ive ever had...Total bull

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

I feel for everyone on Stanford last night, but do you really think the coaches or even the players were thinking oh my god we are not going to cover in the last second. If that were the case they would have defended Stanfords gimme basket at the end. I think its just the competitive nature of today's players and the need for attention. They were going for a highlight dunk on that play with no concern of the point spread. Gamblers are the greatest conspiracy theorists on earth. Contrary to what this board believes, all things do not revolve around the point spread or gambling.

ryanXL977

why would a guy lay it up with 1.5 secs left up 8
    why

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Competition, stats, ESPN, no pass available in the backcourt. I am pretty sure gambling was not on his mind when he laid it up otherwise they would have played defense against Stanford in the previous possession.