St. Andrew
    St. Andrew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Akron +4 and E. Washington +15 look solid.

Projected Scores

Akron 64
    Ohio 65

E. Washington 66
    Portland St. 74

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thought about Eastern Washington as they beat Portland State very early in the season, but they just got eliminated from making their post season tourny and it's senior night for the Vikes. PSU should crush them.

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Ohio's homecourt play this year...

St. Andrew

1 down, 1 to go.

But I'm worried about this write-up I just saw. These guys usually lose ATS and we're on the same side:

The Sports Network
    GAME NOTES: The Eastern Washington Eagles close out their season against the Portland State Vikings in Big Sky Conference play tonight. The Eagles have been out of play since February 23rd, when they dropped a 79-66 decision at Northern Colorado. The loss ended up proving costly, as EWU was eliminated from postseason competition with Idaho State winning at Sacramento State on February 28th. Now at 11-18 overall, the Eagles will attempt to close out their campaign on a high note tonight. As for PSU, it has already wrapped up the BSC regular season title and it will head into the upcoming tournament as the top seed. On Saturday, the Vikings notched their 11th straight conference win, trouncing Montana by a 108-56 score. The 52-point victory was the largest over a Division I foe in school history for PSU, which reached the 20-win plateau for the first time ever as D-I member. With respect to the all-time series, EWU owns a 17-12 edge over PSU and it defeated the Vikings, 58-57, in an earlier meeting this season.

The Eagles haven't been all that successful on offense this season, scoring just 62.9 ppg on 40.5 percent shooting from the field. Kellen Williams has been the squad's most productive player, leading the team in scoring (13.4 ppg), rebounding (8.3 rpg) and steals (34). Adris DeLeon is next in line with 12.5 ppg and he has been in charge of running the show, dishing out a team-best 3.1 apg. In the squad's last outing, DeLeon poured in 27 points and recorded three steals, but it wasn't enough for EWU in a loss at Northern Colorado. Williams turned in 13 points and six boards for the Eagles, who committed 18 turnovers and made just 5-of-22 attempts from downtown.

The Vikings shot a sizzling 62.5 percent from the field, including an impressive 14-of-25 effort from long distance, as they blasted Montana over the weekend. The team also won the battle on the boards by a whopping 45-23 margin. Jeremiah Dominguez led the charge with 24 points on 6-of-8 three-pointers, while Scott Morrison posted 17 points. For the season, Dominguez tops the roster in scoring (14.4 ppg) and assists (40) and he also has a team-high 52 steals to his credit. Deonte Huff checks with 13.3 ppg and 6.0 rpg, while Morrison puts forth 11.5 ppg and a team-best 6.2 rpg. As a team, the Vikings have done a solid job at the offensive end of the court, averaging 74.6 ppg on 46.7 percent shooting from the field.

PSU is clearly the better team, but expect the Eagles to hang around and possibly pull off the upset, as the Vikings have nothing to play for and could rest their starters.

Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Portland State 70, Eastern Washington 68

hi-rez
    hi-rez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice call on Akron. E. Washington moved to +14

St. Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by hi-rez View Post
    Nice call on Akron. E. Washington moved to +14
    Yep, I noticed it too. It must have shifted around 6:30-ish. I doubt that was dumb public money that moved it. These two teams, on a Tuesday night?
    Last edited by St. Andrew; 03-04-08 at 11:06 PM.

St. Andrew

EWU came through!

Goodnight, gentlemen.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice job once again Andrew.

Deke101
    Deke101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice plays tonight Andrew. Keep it up.

Quebb Diesel
    Quebb Diesel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

good stuff man...i had a little edge on akron but didnt go w/ it tonight

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice. I got the over on the PSU game, so that worked for both of us. Good job.