Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Thursday Big East Matchup ESPN

PITTSBURGH PANTHERS 19-6 @ NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH 19-5
    February 21, 7:00 PM | Joyce Center

The only matchup tonight in the Big East is also the game of the week.

Pittsburgh fans have been up and down all season long. They had very high expectations at the beginning of the season and for good reason. However the path has been a rocky one and Coach Dixon is doing one hell of a job keeping this team together and motivated. The good news is their quarterback LaVance Fields is back, but clearly not 100%. His return against Marquette was a rough one. He showed signs of fatigue throughout the game, and they got blown out by the Golden Eagles. The bad news is they gotta travel to south bend where the Irish hold one of the nation's longest home winning streaks @ 34 straight.

The Panthers have alot of weapons on the court lead by their big man Sam Young. He is avg just a shade under 18 ppg and 7 boards. DeJuan Blair also is a force inside avg close to a double double w/ 12ppg and 9.4 rebounds. Ronald Ramon is their best outside shooter and cannot be left open on the perimiter. Keith Benjamin also provides help handing the ball and attacking the basket. LeVance Fields of course runs the show and when hes 100% he is an outstanding PG. This team will not be a push over come tourney time.

Notre Dame has been a real surprise this season in the conference, but they are no longer flying under the radar. They have opened eyes in the conference, and are contending for the regular season title. They are quickly helping the fans in South Bend forget about football season.

The biggest reason for the Irish success is the play of potential Big East Player of the Year Luke Harangody. This guy is one of the most improved players in the nation avg 20+ points and 10+ rebounds. His counterpart Kyle McAlarney can really shoot the ball. His ability to shoot off the bounce in transition is really something to watch. He also leads the team in assists just under 4 a game. Rob Kurz is a solid inside player avg 12 points and grabbing 8 boards. Tory Jackson has really stepped up his play and is a tough matchup for anybody because of his versitilty.

Notre Dame really hasn't played their best basketball as of late. Their last 3 home wins were a struggle. Providence took them to OT, they allowed DePaul to drop 80, and beat Marquette by 3. The main struggles have came on the defensive end, also they can get sloppy at times with the basketball.

Jamie Dixon has had a week to prepare for this game after getting trounced @ Marq last Friday. This didn't surprise me because the Golden Eagles are playing their best basketball of the season and they are going to be a very tough out from here on. Finally Tom Crean has that team clicking. The week preparation also gave LeVance valuable practice time to get ready for this game. This guy is such a competiter you can take my word he was busting his ass all week to get back in game shape.

I look for Pittsburgh to come into this game very confident, believing what Coach Dixon has been telling them. They will take care of the basketball and manage the game well. Pitt is one of the few teams that can match up inside w/ the Irish and they really play excellent team defense when they are on their game. Jamie Dixon knows how important it is for his team to really play well and not to get blown out in back to back conference games.

It's not to smart on my part to predict that one of the nations longest winning streaks come to an end tonight. However I look for an inspired effort from the Panthers, and they should be able to hang w/ the Irish tonight. I expect the public to be all over the Irish tonight, but the line is shading the other way.

Score Prediction: 72-70 in a Big East Classic

Play Pittsburgh +4.5

The total has not been released yet, ill check back if their is a play.
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 02-21-08 at 04:00 PM.

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I agree with everything you have said. The Irish have been hot lately but they have been playing to the level of their competition. Pitt is a good defensive team against the 3 and if they can shut down Harangody then I see them pulling out the upset. If ND gets on another hot night from beyond the arc I see an 8 pt win. Either way the only play I will make is if the line moves in favor of PITT.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Yea I was hoping for 6 points in this game, and almost bought the extra points. With that said, Im even considering Pitt ML as well. I just think its prime for an upset tonight on ESPN.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Decided not to play the ML, just going to stick w/ the 4.5.

GL tonight

mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice write up LK!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

THanks mo, GL to you tonight.

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17915

Hell of a write-up. I appreciate your hard work and input.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Thanks poker, BOL tonight.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

nice write up, im playing pitt only because of you and LT

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

GL hawaii, hopefully we steered you in the right direction!

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice writeup as always... I'm on Notre Dame but agree this has the makings to be a classic... I've just been screwed by McAlarney and the threes he pulls out of his @$$ when he needs to..GL

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great writeup Louisville, I am with you on this for sure I took Pitt and the +4.5 should be an awesome game to watch!

Go Panthers Go!!!!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

awhite,

thanks man and GL on the rest of your plays

MSG,

Thanks dude, I find myself just starring at the clock waiting for 7:00p.

MoneySportsGuy

Yeah cant wait myself going to the gym so I can watch it getting fired up doing cardio haha!!!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Line dropped to 4 at my book and shading towards 4 on most all others.

mofome

pitts takin it to'em brotha!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

They playin pretty well, but a ton of time left. Pitt seems to have lost the momentem

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Well it was a hell of a game, but Im literraly sick from that game. The game goes exactly how you thought it would for 36+ minutes and then just to watch it fall apart. Ronald Ramon had one of his worst shooting nights of his career going 0 for. My bad to those who followed, I really thought we had the right side of this one! Very Disapointed right now!

2Pac
    2Pac's Avatar Become A Pro!

NICE JOB IRISH!

Better, smarter team wins.

MoneySportsGuy

Man wtf Pitt. Up by 6 when I leave the gym, I come home shower turn it on they are down by 5 and then it gets worse and worse. I am going to watch the highlights but what on earth happend guys? ND just start knocking down 3's and Pitt just got cold or what?

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

that game was sick, pitt fell apart.

mofome

i jinxed your thread LK. up 11 or so pitt was rolling.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

2pac,

thanks for the inspiring comment.

MSG,

man ND just stepped up late and showed why they won 34 straight. They are simply the better team, and Pitt played excellent for 36 minutes. Its just really hard to win on the road in conference and the crowd played a big factor late.

Hawaii,

I feel ya man, my stomach actually hurts.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Mo,

nah dude, I knew it was far from over when you posted that. Congrats on the win!

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Mo,

nah dude, I knew it was far from over when you posted that. Congrats on the win!

ty bud. you handle the losses well. i was just thinking that your write up was pretty spot on when i watched a bit of the game and i wanted to chime in. i look forward to your next.

MoneySportsGuy

Louisville,

I think my stomach hurts too. What did ND do though just start playing D and hittting shots or Pitt taking bunch of stupid shots and no D or what?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

McAlarney hit two ridic deep threes back to back, followed by 2 unforced TO's due to the crowd noise. Then pitt missed a dunk, and ND got some easy buckets after pitt got over aggressive trying to get the steal. Just a crazy swing.

MoneySportsGuy

Man oh man that is all it takes sometimes 2 big bucks + home crowd = goodbye road team lead and emotions start to drain.

Yeesh.

Really too bad I really thought Pitt could end that streak.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

yea, im really disapointed man, but ill battle back. I really take it personally when i lose a big east play. Especially to lose like that when you got the game pegged for 36+ min

MoneySportsGuy

yeah that is just horrible but go through stuff like this at times. like had such bad losses last Sat, Sun and Mon. today was like wow that UMass/RI looks so solid. load up on it and teams go into the 90's. i mean seriously. guess that is part of college basketball that is most suprising, exciting, cause for worry, and gut wrenching - on any given night you just never know.

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17915

Sorry guys, actually had ND but this thread had me worried most of the day.