Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Actually i would suggest making your picks without even looking at the ML's so it doesn't influence your selections. The payouts will come with consistent winning, and beating the odds with your research. Its not a sprint, no matter how small your bankroll is.

stingyrivers
    stingyrivers's Avatar Become A Pro!

i hear ya louisville... thanks for the response....

my problem is trying to do the impossible with so little....

the -400 thing actually wouldn't be a parlay, it would be a big fav ML stright up in a way to insure my next ML parlay bet.... sorry about the confusion it wasn't worded well....

your point is taken well.... but it hasn't been jamming teams in that has killed me lately... it has been the ridiculous upsets lately.... my only fear about this is that as march approaches this is going to occur more and more, and it will get real difficult to determine on any given night which top 10 team will get upended by a hungry bubble team....

like who saw UCLA stumbling at UW that was ridiculous and cost me huge.... kicker is it was the last leg and could have hedged it out at 4 to 1 on my money with UW moneyline.... just didnt see anyway possible that UCLA would have a letdown like that against a team that looked completely uninspired losing 7 str8

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

upsets are going to happen, Ill talk more about this later, im goign out for some drinks

stingyrivers
    stingyrivers's Avatar Become A Pro!

actually i am working on a paroli Moneymanagement progression that goes something like this, it is a loop of 3 wagers

wager 1: -400 lay 100 to win 25

wager 2: +100 lay 25 to win 25

wager 3: +100 lay 50 to win 50

and then you start the loop again....

it makes it so you only have to win the first wager to insure that you cannot lose money, and if you hit a few loops consecutively, you would be surprised at how fast profits compound....

oh yeah and if you get by wager 1 but lose wager 2 or 3, you start back at wager 1.....

the overall key is making sure you don't lose wager 1 and no matter how long it takes, you will build big profits....

wager 1, given that you are laying 1 to 4 money should be the case where you a picking out a game that you handicap as a very likely winner and vegas has them coincidentally as a 9 point fav or -400.....

well, there it is, for all to see.... my little money management strategy that i hope to build a small fortune someday....

of course it helps to have a deep enough bankroll to implement it...

any thoughts?

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    you've been really angry lately imgv. . . whats up?
    99.9% of my posts are nice. Moneysportsguy is a classless piece of Shit and I don't want to associate with his kind.

$Bnizi
    $Bnizi's Avatar Become A Pro!

been playing nothing but ML parlays for the last 2 weeks and im +8 units in that period.

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    he posts at theRX.. +133 units this season mostly by playing higher juice less risky ML Parlays..
    his ML Parlay style is different but it works, don't be scared off the higher juice.
    I think you mean to say "lower payout odds" rather than "higher juice".

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow View Post
    I think you mean to say "lower payout odds" rather than "higher juice".
    Either one..

Higher juice/lower payout odds.. Same thing, correct?

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

Higher juice/lower payout odds.. Same thing, correct?
    No sir.

As you know, "payout odds" refers to the amount a player stands to win from a given sized bet. So payout odds of -110 would mean a player would win stand to win $100 for every $110 risked, while payout odds of +750 would mean a player would stand to win &50 for every $100 risked.

"Juice" or "vig" or "theoretical hold" refers to the percentage of the amount risked that a book expects to make assuming balanced action. If a book were to hang its odds at -110/-110 the juice would be about 4.545%, while at -200/+180 juice woulkd be about 2.326%.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-10-14 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

First 12