EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sufferin' Succotash: UNC-Wilmington

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, so I have a $50 free play coming my way today and I'm going with the team that has been both good & bad to me this season.

George Mason @ UNC-Wilmington (+7)

Statistically, these teams are very even. Solid shooting offenses with Mason having a slight edge in PPG allowed defensively although the FG %s are close to even. Both teams are on solid streaks of covering. Mason 3-0-1, UNCW 3-0. The deciding factor for me - home team has won 9 straight in this series. So UNCW +7 is a no-brainer, but I think I'm gonna sack up for the free play and go UNCW ML which oughta be around +300-ish.

Thoughts? Well wishes? Death threats? Hate mail?

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Throw the statistics out the window - G. Mason and VCU are so far above the rest of the pack in the Colonial. That's not to say it's a bad play, as UNCW is the only side I'd even consider here. Both are experienced teams, but Mason's playing out of their mind of late. The one angle I like here for UNCW is Mason could potentially be looking forward to Tuesday's showdown with VCU. UNCW's talented enough to hang here, but their lack of discipline leads me to believe GMU pulls away late, although 7's a nice cushion to have.

The last time I bet against GMU (last weekend), Dre Smith went 10/10 from three. Tough to cap a guy hitting 10 consecutive from deep.

Good luck.

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Throw the statistics out the window - G. Mason and VCU are so far above the rest of the pack in the Colonial. That's not to say it's a bad play, as UNCW is the only side I'd even consider here. Both are experienced teams, but Mason's playing out of their mind of late. The one angle I like here for UNCW is Mason could potentially be looking forward to Tuesday's showdown with VCU. UNCW's talented enough to hang here, but their lack of discipline leads me to believe GMU pulls away late, although 7's a nice cushion to have.

The last time I bet against GMU (last weekend), Dre Smith went 10/10 from three. Tough to cap a guy hitting 10 consecutive from deep.

Good luck.

geez man are you kidding me? that is nuts