Gundog
    Gundog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Georgetown at Pitt

#7 Georgetown (3-0 in the Big East) At #20 Pitt (2-1 in the Big East) What a show down this one will be. Even though Pitt lost Mike Cook due to a torn ACL, And Guard Levance Fields with a Broken Foot. Pitt has still won 3 out of 4 Games.
    Georgetown is on a 5 game win streak. Gtown's sucess is again predicated on it's defense. The Hoyas allow 55.9 points per game, the fifth - best mark in the nation. Thay lead the country in defense field goal percentage at 34.6, and also are tops in shooting percentage at 52.4 percent.. This will be the 70th meeting for the big East Rivals. Georgetown holding 39-30 Edge after winning 4 of the last 5.
    Pitt is 2-1 against Georgetown at the Petersen Event Center Where no team has Beaten the Panthers Twice. They Carry a 12 game home winning streak into this game. Is it time for the home winning streak to end this evening and allowing another theam to beat thim twice at home? I think so. I will give Pitt -2.5 and take Georgetown to leave a winner.
    Good Luck

mmarino
    mmarino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm thinking Georgetown -2, but not sure how much I'm going to put on it yet.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm just jinxed with Georgetown. They are a good team, and they win but do not cover when I bet on them. I had half a mind to bet on them on the ML (-127). But ... naaaaahh. I'm passing.

I'll prolly root for G'town though. I sorta like that grey t-shirt look.

Good luck to you if you bet on this.

Gundog

Regularguy you are correct. Georgetown is a good team (and could be better). But i see a very SERIOUS Problem with this team that will hurt them when March Madness rolls around. They do not have the Instinct or Disposition to Finish a team off.

GODFATHER
    GODFATHER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 690

Gundog,

Well said and very nice homework!!!!! I myself am going for G-Town but I wont say It will be an easygame, Like said before G-Town needs to jump that azz and stay on there game.

Good luck all!!!

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

leaning toward Hoya but will be a close game, nice write up

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

I love pitt at home in this one

brock
    brock's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12500

Just got Georgetown -1.5 -115

Gundog

Monday Night Bet's

Yea Baby.
    We love it. Thats why we are here. I totally enjoy reading all the pro's and con's about Sports. And not to mention the public"s opinion about the games verses my out look or yours.
    You and i are not playing this game. (At home or at our business we are involved in the sport). We place this game in what ever information us the general public is motivated to go out and do some small research on (after that it's in the hands of the Athlete. And
    It's our thoughts that make this game exciting.

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im convinced...NO time to cap this game but I was leaning towards GTown...I know from personal experience (as a mountie fan) that the ZOO can get crazy for opposing teams as the students and fans go nutty...Im still greatful I made it outta there alive on a few occasions...Still have to take Georgetown as I think they prove again tonite they are the team to beat in the BIG EAST...GL

KidDynamite
    KidDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!

With all the injuries Pitt has, I really like GTown. Pitt got destroyed by Dayton. I can't see them hanging with a good team in GTown. The only loss GTown has is from Memphis.

2Pac
    2Pac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Gundog View Post
    Yea Baby.
    We love it. Thats why we are here. I totally enjoy reading all the pro's and con's about Sports. And not to mention the public"s opinion about the games verses my out look or yours.
    You and i are not playing this game. (At home or at our business we are involved in the sport). We place this game in what ever information us the general public is motivated to go out and do some small research on (after that it's in the hands of the Athlete. And
    It's our thoughts that make this game exciting.

We ARE the public.

jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

Homefield advantage for Pittsburgh is a major downfall for Georgetown.. Teams with homefield advantage always seem to do better, that is when they are not just awful teams overall

I took Georgetown.... knowing my luck, watch me lose

BigOrangeTitans
    Go Kill Yourself, Thx Mgmt
    BigOrangeTitans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Pitt came to play so far, but this was expected. Look for fatigue in the 2nd half... hope i get an inflated number

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man did everybody see that last 3 pointer by Georgetown as clock expired? That was sweet, as they really should have had more time, the last basket before that Pittsburgh made, the clock kept going and didnt stop when it should have but it turned out just fine for Georgetown to keep it close.

Lets go GU in 2nd half!

mmarino

Yea, that 3 was huge.

BigOrangeTitans

pitt played perfect 1st half ,whichwas to be expected. But i expect pitt to fatigue and fade around the 8 min mark.

mmarino

Yea, I expect them to fade as well. Especially since they're coming out strong here again in the beginning of the 2H.

MoneySportsGuy

BigOrange, does Pitt normally fatigue like that or just because they are going up against Georgetown? I had USF in that game Pitt played at USF and they let USF back in at end of 1st half, then they kinda toyed with the Bulls start of 2nd and then turned it on and routed us at home. Not trying to argue just curious if Pitt turning on burners in USF game was a rare thing or not. Goodluck to you I got Georgetown at - 1.5

BigOrangeTitans

GT needs to rebound, not using their size advantage at all.

mmarino

12 offensive rebounds for pitt. leading to too many points. pitt's also on a nice run here. not good.

jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

GT is completely sucking right now

mmarino

Quote Originally Posted by jeffries View Post
    GT is completely sucking right now
    still early, but the crowd is into it. that place can get pretty ridiculous.

BigOrangeTitans

MSG Pitt will only be playing 8, 9 if foul trouble. Pitt likes to get up the court and run. GT likes to be physical, they turn it on at the 10 min mark or so due to the fact they wear you down. Those two together should really fatigue the panthers. GTdoesnt have a problem winning, they have a problem with putting teams away.

MoneySportsGuy

Yeah that Pitt crowd is nuts, Georgetown needs to step it up slow this down and get crowd out of it and their heads into this right now

MoneySportsGuy

BigOrange,

Thanks appreciate it thats what I figured they would wear as well just havent seen Pitt play other then against USF live and then tonight on TV.

mmarino

georgetown is just out of it right now. ugly shot there, lucky it went in, but we need the points.

mmarino

and pitt is not missing.

BigOrangeTitans

Pitt scores in waves, they are a running team. Really like Hibbert down on the block, get it to him everytime down the court and youll get a high percentage shot. They have no answer for him

mmarino

another offensive rebound leading to a 3. unreal.

BigOrangeTitans

What A Rebound. That Dunk Was Huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigOrangeTitans

I literraly stood up and let out a huge what the $&%. Best offensive rebound ive seen this year

mmarino

that was amazing.

mmarino

georgetown with a great run here. feelin' good about it.

mmarino

offensive rebounds are killing georgetown!!!!!

12 Last