r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

one more, Dayton -5 vs St Louis

AM i missing something obvious here? why is the 22nd ranked team in the nation only favored by 5 here agaisnt a st louis squad that can't shoot their way out of a fish barrell? someone help me understand this line?

Alry45
    Alry45's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't understand that either. Dayton has a pretty solid squad I think.

2Pac
    2Pac's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is one of those lines where people say the exact same thing you do, and end up talking themwselves out of a win. Dayton wins big here. They are solid, consistent, and experienced.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Conference game on the road?
    Let down game?
    Majerus has to have his team ready after that record low in scoring on Thursday?

This one is a pass-a-roo for me.

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good point Im 3-0 on Dayton this year...If it stays at five Ill probably put 2 units on the flyers..Maybe more if I can get to watch it GL

Gundog
    Gundog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Take Dayton

Let it eat on Dayton. This is just my personal opinion. Do not let me put thoughts in your mind. If you are leaning on St Louis then take St Louis. As we all know anything is possible. Im not hitting Dayton Hard because St Louis looked like a YMCA Pick up Game (when they set a new NCAA record).
    Im going on what i have seen so far this year with my own eyes. I have been to all of Dayton's home games and i know what they can do. And they have not let me down yet. They have padded my pocket's so far. Im not ready to quit yet.
    Use this Season's Results and this Season's Statistics when you look at this Game. Throw Past Series History out the door. Good Luck! Im taking Dayton to Win ( gonna get some easy Juice on this one). It's not official yet but as of now Dayton is Giving 6 to the Dog's.
    I will update.
    Good Luck

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

St.Louis 7-1 at home. Billikens shoot much better at home. Dayton's 4 road games won by 5, 2 & 1 pt and a loss by 11. Teams with similar frustrating defensive styles of play like Miami (OH) & Holy Cross took Dayton to the wire on the road.

twtb19
    twtb19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

St. Louis is always tough at home, I have been to many games over the years where they were given no shot at winning against teams like Cincy (when Kenyon Martin was there) Umass with Camby and Lou Row (sp?) and a ton of others. They always play people tough at home and hardly lose bad.

That being said, they are in the midst of a big transition where their players don't really fit their new system and Majerus is unwilling to play to the players strengths, but is looking to get his system in place for when his recruits arrive. I can't tell you how many times he has been quoted as saying " I didn't choose these players and they didn't choose me" I think that shows how much of a match their styles are right there.

So imo if Dayton shows up to play they should cover, but I don't like betting against them at home especially while giving them points.

Didn't we see this same game earlier with Texas and Mizzou....

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    St.Louis 7-1 at home. Billikens shoot much better at home. Dayton's 4 road games won by 5, 2 & 1 pt and a loss by 11. Teams with similar frustrating defensive styles of play like Miami (OH) & Holy Cross took Dayton to the wire on the road.
    Right but those road wins for Dayton are against some pretty good teams... Miami and Louisville

I'll take a 3-1 road record against good teams over a 7-1 records over patsies... thats why its more important to look into who everyone has played and not just see a 7-1 record and think they are stellar at home

St Louis' best home win is SIU, which isnt too stellar this season, after that it falls down to Pacific or IUPUI

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Conference game on the road?
    Let down game?
    Majerus has to have his team ready after that record low in scoring on Thursday?

This one is a pass-a-roo for me.

Same feeling as you they are going to come out strong I think against Dayton but it will be fun to watch. So goodluck Dayton backers!

Gundog
    Gundog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Dayton Covers.
    Time to get Juiced up.

2Pac
    2Pac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glad I'm not eating crow here.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

sickening, just sickening...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

St. Louis plays great all game long, gets into overtime and plays like Thursday. Scoring just two points in OT. Getting outscored 13-2 in the OT period.

jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

I played this game and won