tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Butler +1.5

Butler is playing at Southern Illinois Friday night. Last season Southern Illinois defeated Butler 68-64. Southern Illinois was a much better team last season and has really struggled this season. They do not shoot well from the free throw line nor do they shoot 3 pointers with any consistency. They do miss Jamaal Tatum who was a major reason they went 29-7 last season. Tatum was their best player and a good 3 point shooter. Now their go to guy is Randall Falker who is averaging 12.9 ppg and 7.0 rpg. This may be the best Butler team ever led by Graves who is averaging 16.8 ppg and a big time threat from 3 point range. What really impressed me about is their free throw shooting as they finished off Florida Gulf Coast by making 26 for 28 from the free throw line (92.9%). Three pointing shooting for BUtler was 8 for 22. Southern Illinois is a not a good free throw shooting team especially when they are behind in a game. I can see Butler making free throws down the stretch and using free throws to extend their lead in the final minutes of the game.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe that Butler is the favorite here and not SIU...I respectfully disagree with your analysis for this game...while I don't think SIU is as good as year's past, they are always very tough at home in Carbondale...also, Butler has really been struggling the last couple of weeks to score points, which plays right into SIU's hands...I think SIU tries to keep this thing close until the end and hopefully they have the home whistle...I'm on SIU here...GL...

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

think im with you pags. siu is as good as anyone when they are at home. carbondale gives them about 10 pts imo. one of the harder places to go play. will probably wait for late steam before pullin the trigger here, if at all.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I'm a Saluki alumni and yes the arena is a tough place to be but I think Butler gets a break because the game is at the winter break and most SIU students are on vacation so I don't think the arena will be packed.

What worries me about SIU is the guards. I think Butler has the advantage here and if they play good defence and the Saluki guards don't hit their shots they will beat SIU handily.

I'll probably take Butler on this one. They have already destroyed Bradley and I don't see that much difference this year between Bradley and SIU.

harsh506
    harsh506's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Did butler just win. Im watchin the box and one second its 54-55 6 seconds left with S.ill at the line and then all of a sudden its over with butler win 57-56

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I see Butler hit a 3 with 6 seconds left to make it 57-55. I had the money line so I was keeping a eye on it.

I tell you, SIU can't get it together on the road, but they give their all at home.

harsh506
    harsh506's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I was just skepticle cuz it happened to me like a month back where the score jumped from 67-64 to to 76-64 in about 15 seconds and i was like wtf. i found out like 2 min later it was a mistake

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Must have been a great game, and a heartbreaker for the Salukis. I've liked that team the last few years. I hate to see them going through tough times.

And, I'll tell you, as far as my bet on on Butler goes, I take no joy from a win like that. If I had my stuff together, I'd find a play that doesn't come out so close. But, I'll take it.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    I see Butler hit a 3 with 6 seconds left to make it 57-55. I had the money line so I was keeping a eye on it.

I tell you, SIU can't get it together on the road, but they give their all at home.
    Graves hit a half court shot to win it

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by Wassymac View Post
    Graves hit a half court shot to win it
    Yeah, seen it on SportsCenter. I will take it.