tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

1st half betting

I started betting on the first half of basketball and football games and it has become a nightmare for me. Only advice I can give anyone is not to do it. I won lots of money on the full games. Today I had the Bengals under 21.5 for the first half. The 49ers got a lucky fluke touchdown with 9 seconds left in the half. THat cost my parlay that I had with Saint Louis in college basketball. This was not the first time that I should have been going under on the entire game. I got greedy and want to cash in at the half time of the game. THis was my downfall for the last 2 weeks. I also started chasing 2nd half of games which was also a major mistake. Lets not make this mistake on betting on the first half of games and not chasing 2nd halfs. It is too hard to predict what is going to happen in the first half of games.

hi-rez
    hi-rez's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a lot of success with 2H in college hoops and NBA. Most of it comes from the linesmakers making the over too high. I get bit by the 2H sides on the other hand.

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have done pretty well for 2H in college basketball so far. I rarely do 1st Half as my logic is have to see the game how the tempo is out and compare that with the research previous to the game to make a more accurate bet.

Just curious, is there a place on this forum to share research information such as websites etc? I'm still trying to learn so looking any advice or point in right direction I can get.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySportsGuy View Post
    Just curious, is there a place on this forum to share research information such as websites etc? I'm still trying to learn so looking any advice or point in right direction I can get.
    Promotions and links forum is available. Just remember that forum is unmoderated.

MoneySportsGuy

Thanks Illusion I apprecite it. I also see their is private messaging not sure how that works though haha.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you're going to do halfs, 2nd halfs are the way to go. That way you get a feel for the game if you feel the need. I've won a few and lost a few on totals for the 2nd half. I hardly ever bet on a side for just a half.

MoneySportsGuy

Hey Illusion is there anywhere else that you guys share research sites for betting information? I checked the promotions just alot of stuff for poker - I'm looking for college basketball and college football coming up for the bowl games.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look around the differnet sections of the board. There's a ton of great info here.