methdmron
    methdmron's Avatar Become A Pro!

Meth's Crystal Clear Picks of the Day

alright guys, hoping to make some casssssh tonight - been watching the board and hope to add insighful picks and share in the winnings. here are my picks:

AIRFORCE -6 V. COLORADO

Colorado has gotten away with playing some mediocre teams to start their season. (Florida A&M, Savannah, Colorado Christian and Denver). I see their confidence being a little exaggerated and overestimating a good Airforce team. Also, Airforce crushed a similar Colorado team last year. This leads to a very close first half but an overpowering Airforce team in the 2d half. Airforce is heavily reliant on the long ball so if its not falling it could be shaky. Note that they are playing at home and with a familiar arena, support of the fans and overly confident Colorado team, look for Airforce to be up around 2 points by half, and ending Colorado by the end of the game up around 10-12.
    4 UNITS!

SANTA CLARA -8 V. E. WASHINGTON
    Talk about a team that is on the uppity-up. Its last game on the road, SC was unbelievable from the field, outrebounded its opponent by almost 50% and holding its opponents to a lower shooting percentage. E. Washington's leading score averages only 11 ppg and they aren't much deeper besides him. Also, if you look at their leading assists guy, he's only average 2.9 assists per game which leads you to believe that they don't pass the ball around and its quick and rushed shots -- they average 55 ppg and shoot a meager 37% from the field. Look for Santa Clara to be up at least the spread by halftime and blow them out in the 2d half.
    2 UNITS

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I completely agree on Santa Clara.

I thought about betting Air Force, but two things made me hold off. First, Colorado has a pretty good defense (56 PPG against them) -- not as good as AF's, but good. Second, Colorado obviously does not have to travel very far, and will have lots of fans at this game. I don't think the home court is going to be worth much in this one. So, I held off. But good luck to you with this one.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Do you smoke meth?

methdmron

no i don't smoke or do any drugs, if that's what you are ultimately getting at.

methdmron

UW-Milwaukee at Marquette -17

This isn't so much of a play on how much I like MArquette, but more on how bad UW-Milwaukee is. Let's run through some of the numbers. Milwaukee is a 2 person team; everyone else is out right horrible. Torre Johnson and Paige Paulsen are the two. Johnson is averaging 18.7 ppg to go along with 9.7 rpg, and he has blocked 15 shots as well. As for Paulsen, he is netting 16.7 ppg on 52.5 percent shooting, including 54.8 percent accuracy from three-point. Stop only ONE of these guys and Milwaukee is in for a long night.

Marquette got an even amount of scoring from its starters against Duke. They score 76.0 ppg and allow 64.8 ppg. Couple this with the horrible offense showing from Milwaukee and it calls disaster for them. Marquette has reining Big East Defensive Player of the Year Jerel McNeal. 'Nuff Said. Marquette by 23.

*2 Units

Tennessee -27.5 v. UL Lafeyette
    Vols are 20-0 at home against unranked opponents. Tenn has a dynamic roster of starters and legitimate players for the NBA. Playing at home with the crowd behind them helps them put it away at the end when their bench is cleared. Tennessee by 34.

*2 Units

methdmron

I was 2-0 yesterday up 4 units, hopefully it'll carry over till today.

On the year, 3-1 (ATS) up 1.6 units.

Today I"m going to post picks for the early afternoon games and then the late games without much analysis, too much going on, but I love these picks and will be leaning hard on superior teams overmatching lowly bad d1 teams.

Pittsburgh -21 v. Toledo
    Pittsburgh is on a roll lately and are at home against a very week Toledo team. Pitt has been blowing teamss out with the help of Sammy Young, whose averaging around 18 points, 9 rebounds and an assist a game. Pitt hasn't played since they crushed BU on 11/27 by 27 points. Toledo has kept it close against really bad teams. They lost by 31 to old dominion and 26 to URI. Pitt is a much better team than them. look for Pitt to empty their bench early in the 2d half and Pitt to cover the spread and win by 26.

Summary of pics
    PITT -21 5 UNITS
    GEORGETOWN -27 5 UNITS
    GONZAGA +4 1 UNIT
    MIAMI OHIO +12.5 1 UNIT
    UNC -7 1 UNIT
    DAVIDSON +8 2 UNITS

Load up on a few winning teams in the afternoon and parlay the wins into tonights matchups.

methdmron

So far not so bad - starting the day at 3-1 (ATS) +1.6 units

Georgetown almost cost me, covered bet with Pitts - here's how things look so far!

PITT -21 5 UNITS (WIN 78-52 = 26)
    GEORGETOWN -27 5 UNITS (LOSE 61-49)
    MIAMI OHIO +12.5 1 UNIT (WIN 44-47)
    UNC -7 1 UNIT (WIN BY 9)
    DAVIDSON +8 2 UNITS (WIN 73-79)

7-2 ATS -- +5.1 units
    Last edited by methdmron; 12-01-07 at 03:42 PM.

methdmron

I'm now adding Western Kentucky -5.5 v. N. Arizona - Western Kentucky has faced some stiff competition and plays an up tempo game which should lead for a very comfortable victory over N. Arizona -- also put a play in for first half -3

2 units each

YTD -- 7-2 ATS -- +5.1 units

methdmron

I also put 4 units on Gonzaga +4 2h

methdmron

Just added 2H - Clemson -1 for 5 units