bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Injury updated on Arkansas's Charles Thomas

In case anyone missed this one. Heres a little piece of info I happen to stumble across guys.

Razorbacks’ starting small forward Charles Thomas sprained his ankle in last weekend’s SEC championship game against the Florida Gators. Head coach Stan Heath told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer Thomas probably wouldn’t be able to play more than 20 minutes because of the ankle injury.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes I caught that. I think USC is a good bet, not just because of the injury of course. Arkansas peaked with their SEC tourney run, and USC has to have a bad taste in their mouths from the huge loss to Oregon in their last game. The injury, the momentum isssues, I see USC as a decent play.
    Last edited by The HG; 03-16-07 at 02:51 PM.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh wow, I was amidst a crew of Arkansas insiders yesterday (when I was at my grandmother's funeral in Arkansas) and the word was that Thomas would be fine. If true, this news absolutely kills Arkansas's inside game and interior D. Townes is a nice bench-guy, role-player but Arkansas needs Thomas and Hill to anchor the middle. I think Arkansas is in big trouble if Thomas is less than 70%. Going to make a small play on USC right now, then play that game "In Running"...

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, it depends how inside the insiders are. Coaches will often give misleading info to throw the other team off. Who were the "insiders"? If they're at all credible, I'd trust them way more than a news report.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

They were heavy donating alumni, nothing more... They are old-school lifetime Arkansas fans with a few ties to the Athletic Dept., but probably not privy to either inside-information or misinformation. I think that was just from casual Arkansas observers, though it is quite probable that they have been witnessing practices (the sources, that is)...