TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Kentucky a great matchup for Kansas

Us Jayhawk fans could not be more happier to be playing Kentucky instead of Villanova. When you break it down, Kentucky is all about Morris. If he doesn't do well, the entire team does not function. Kentucky ususally does well against teams without a dominant big man or at least a team that doesn't have big men depth. The great thing for Kansas is we can throw about 4 guys at Morris and be okay matchup wise. The other great thing for Kansas is that Kentucky does not have the guards who are able to break down a defense. Their best guard is only good when he can spot shoot. The way Kansas plays defense on the perimeter will absolutely mess up any offense Kentucky runs. Villanova would have been a horrible matchup for Kansas b/c the guards of Villanova could easily break down the defense of Kansas when needed. Based on these 2 reasons I believe the 8 points is a generous spread for Kansas backers. When I break this game down, I have the Jayhawks winning by 15-20 points.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with your analysis in general. Kentucky is not a team that can hang with the true elites at all. And if Morris should get in foul trouble - it's look out below time for Kentucky.

The one thing in Kentucky's "favor" is that the last time these two played, they got destroyed and embarrassed by Kansas, 73-46. So there would normally be a strong revenge factor involved here, but I think you can throw that out, Kansas is just way better.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10539

Good breakdown,Iagree 100%.I only hope your 15-20 is generous.Be nice to have a nice to have an easy one for a change.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gambler, I just now remembered that you posted that the March 11 game vs Texas was a great bet to play on Texas, and to go against Kansas, and you were right. You really know Kansas inside and out, thanks for posting your particular expertise with this team.

TheGambler

Thanks GH. Ya, those last 2 texas games at the end of the year were very strong plays for me. i feel just as strong with today's play. good luck to everyone

TheGambler

I hope a lot of you were able to cash in on this game. Congrats to my Hawks!!!

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

Thanks for posting The Gambler.

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Thanks Gambler. Played them based on your write-up.