Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Saint Louis +10

I can't understand why VCU is favorite by 10 points tonight.

I think Saint Louis felt disrespected getting placed in the CBI. I mean they finished ahead of Rhode Island, Dayton and Charlotte who all got to play in the NIT. In fact, Saint Louis went 3-0 against Dayton and Rhode Island who have won very impressive games to reach the Final Four of the NIT.

Saint Louis only lost by double digits on the road twice all year, once by 11 early in the year vs Iowa State and the other by 26 at Richmond.

Rick Majerus will have his boys ready to battle, you can guarantee that. I think the Bilikens can slow the pace down enough to keep this a tight game.
    VCU beat Charleston by 7 and Boston U by 13, but Saint Louis out of the A-10 is a class or two above the Southern and America East conferences.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

VCU got way more screwed over by the NIT than St.Louis. I posted a couple articles from the Richmond Dispatch in a thread

Regul8er
    Wordd

I agree with you on VCU getting scammed. Both teams definately have chips on their shoulders.
    But how do the 5th, 6th and 7th place teams in the A-10 get in the NIT ahead of the 4th place finisher?? Didn't seem right.

runnershane14
    runnershane14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I like st. louis as well.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I laid the 9

VCU is 7-1 ATS when laying this #

joejoe9
    joejoe9's Avatar Become A Pro!

im going to make sum money with st.Louis today

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pass. If I had to, STL +10 would be it.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Ive been riding VCU except for when they played charleston......Im taking them again tonight

ji03
    ji03's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

im liking St.Louis +9.5 as well

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Yea VCU is the only side you can bet. Look at the line, and all the action St. Louis is getting. Books are very confident in their number today.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Im surprised this game isnt on my digital cable schedule tonight. VCU-Charleston and Saint Louis/Wis Milwaukee were both on last week.
    Now the finals isnt televised, weird!

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

Do you really think St Louis is the play?

spud58
    spud58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

st louis ... no question about it. VCU backers are in for a rough night.... if your book offers it I would put a small amount on the st. louis moneyline.... this spread shouldnt be higher than 3. St louis plays in a much harder conference and was talked about for the Ncaa tourney just a few weeks before the selection. ..... VCU backers please shit on me. I will get back to you after the game Love, Spud

Mc Grumpy33
    Mc Grumpy33's Avatar Become A Pro!

Playing Stl +10 as well!!!

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

# looks to high, i'll play St Louis too.

dskibin2
    dskibin2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

im on stl as well, should be a close one

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

This looks like a burial thread.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    This looks like a burial thread.
    And I've been known to start quite a few of these, haha!

lizardking
    lizardking's Avatar Become A Pro!

possibly STL

THE PROFIT

pom has them 7

THE PROFIT

What doesn't make sense is Pomeroy has them winning by 7 then by 1 game 2. How can you predict both at same time? Very messed up
    http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Virginia%20Commonwealth

THE PROFIT

HC hold that much weight? I dont think so

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    I can't understand why VCU is favorite by 10 points tonight.

I think Saint Louis felt disrespected getting placed in the CBI. I mean they finished ahead of Rhode Island, Dayton and Charlotte who all got to play in the NIT. In fact, Saint Louis went 3-0 against Dayton and Rhode Island who have won very impressive games to reach the Final Four of the NIT.

Saint Louis only lost by double digits on the road twice all year, once by 11 early in the year vs Iowa State and the other by 26 at Richmond.

Rick Majerus will have his boys ready to battle, you can guarantee that. I think the Bilikens can slow the pace down enough to keep this a tight game.
    VCU beat Charleston by 7 and Boston U by 13, but Saint Louis out of the A-10 is a class or two above the Southern and America East conferences.
    SLU has 3 guards, Mitchell, Cassity, and Salecich. They all start. There are no backups.
    Jordan, 4th guard, broke thumb vs GB. Before that 2 others, John and Reid were injured. Jordan would really have been the 6th guard.
    Majerus focuses on stopping the "3" and he has a top flite front liner for "D" in Willie Reed, so if they get by, they have to face Willie.
    BUT since they are down to 3 guards, they will have a hard time keeping up with the deep VCU team and stopping the three.
    After they beat GB, SLU played Princeton, so they did not face a run and gun team but this time they do.
    I would not bet the game if I were you.
    VCU is deep and athletice like RI and Richmond that blew out SLU on the road.
    AND SLU is thin, 8 players on scholarship, only 3 guards, and they are trained to stop the "3", they led the nation last time I checked.
    BUT Majerus is a GREAT coach, and may be able to "SLOW IT DOWN". The kids believe in him, and they are capable, though not as athletic as VCU and Larry Sanders.
    Dont bet it.
    If VCU gets ahead and runs and guns, SLU will struggle, especially if VCU hits the 3's.
    IF SLU controls the pace, allows no turnovers, and VCU does NOT hit 3's, SLU will cover.
    Save time, ask SerbOne.
    (OK, I might sneak a small $$$ or two on SLU + 10 and hope Majerus out coaches them)
    Last edited by Serbone; 03-29-10 at 04:09 PM.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Line slipped a point down to +9, and the fact that betphoenix has VCU at -9 +100 tells me it might slip to 8.5.

Are the linemakers trying to adjust an overinflated line? Is the public making the linemakers nervous? Very interesting game here, looking forward to seeing what happens.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    SLU has 3 guards, Mitchell, Cassity, and Salecich. They all start. There are no backups.
    Jordan, 4th guard, broke thumb vs GB. Before that 2 others, John and Reid were injured. Jordan would really have been the 6th guard.
    Majerus focuses on stopping the "3" and he has a top flite front liner for "D" in Willie Reed, so if they get by, they have to face Willie.
    BUT since they are down to 3 guards, they will have a hard time keeping up with the deep VCU team and stopping the three.
    After they beat GB, SLU played Princeton, so they did not face a run and gun team but this time they do.
    I would not bet the game if I were you.
    VCU is deep and athletice like RI and Richmond that blew out SLU on the road.
    AND SLU is thin, 8 players on scholarship, only 3 guards, and they are trained to stop the "3", they led the nation last time I checked.
    BUT Majerus is a GREAT coach, and may be able to "SLOW IT DOWN". The kids believe in him, and they are capable, though not as athletic as VCU and Larry Sanders.
    Dont bet it.
    If VCU gets ahead and runs and guns, SLU will struggle, especially if VCU hits the 3's.
    IF SLU controls the pace, allows no turnovers, and VCU does NOT hit 3's, SLU will cover.
    Save time, ask SerbOne.
    (OK, I might sneak a small $$$ or two on SLU + 10 and hope Majerus out coaches them)
    this is the answer. One guard will have to play forward and there is no real bench left to endure a 40 minute Va Commonwealth onslaught. Va Comm can really pour it on. They are relentless, remember they almost topped ODU.
    I wouldn't touch St. Louis tonight. This could get real ugly. St. Louis was able to handle a road-weary Princeton and barely eeked out a W with Green Bay.
    Va Comm can win this game by 15+.
    gl fellas

THE PROFIT

If St.Louis is within 1 or 2 or even ahead by a few points at the half you can get VCU at a real deal, probably -4 for the game. They'll turn it on in the 2H. Ive been having much more success on finding weak ass 2H lines lately. Like o/u 75 on UT/MichSt yesterday!!! WTF? If anyone took that over they need to find another hobby

ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2605

St Louis 4-1 ats ON THE ROAD, taking the 9 points. small play.
    Love the BOBCATS -9 in NBA. Toronto has tanked.

EZ

Regul8er
    Wordd

VCU flexing their muscle late in the 1st half....congrats VCU backers, this ones in the bag.

THA_DIESEL
    THA_DIESEL's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    VCU flexing their muscle late in the 1st half....congrats VCU backers, this ones in the bag.
    Not over yet...

Regul8er
    Wordd

Trust me.......as soon as VCU starting knocking down triples and scoring at will, the game was over. Saint Louis has gotten away from there game, and they wont keep it within single digits. A line that was too good to be true, but hot shooting will kill that.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Saint Louis cant hit a shot, turning it over at will, and cant grab a defensive board. VCU could end up winning by 20-25 when all said and done.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

What does everyone think the line will be in St, louis?

I say VCU-3.5

Regul8er
    Wordd

Unbelievable...never ever could have imagined this happening.....Saint Louis has turned it over 6 straight possessions......its getting to be completely disgusting. How does a team play quality teams all season long, and only decide to get hammered once, and then get hammered when I fu(kin take money out of bank account becuase I find a line with tremendous value, and they lay an egg.

I'm sick to my stomach, and need to go explain to the wife that I screwed up before she shes the bank statement. Life sucks

Regul8er
    Wordd

This thing was at 3 at the 15 minute mark, now its at 20 at the 8 minute mark. Now explain how a team that USUALLY values possessions and controls tempo lets this happen? Im puzzled.

Tomasitas
    Lithuania
    Tomasitas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

Nive VCU and under

12 Last