iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

NCAAB Tournament Week II

Week to Date - 6-1 +16.80 units

College Hoops Postseason - +29.60 units

[COLOR=#000000 ! important]
    (2 NCAAB & 1 NBA play pending from Wednesday)

Thursday

Kansas State -4.5 30 units (Posted Monday)

Butler +6 5 units

Pacific/Appalachian State OVER 132 5 units

Cornell +8.5 2 units

Cornell +4.5 (-105) 1H 2 units

Cornell +400 1 unit

Butler +230 1 unit

Friday

Northern Iowa/Michigan State UNDER 121 5 units

Baylor -4 5 units

Northern Iowa +2 (-120) 2 units

Future Plays
    (Posted prior to start of tournament in week 1 thread)

Kansas State +330 to win West Region 2 units

Baylor +575 to win South Region 1 unit

Kansas State +2250 to win National Championship 1 unit

Good Luck

ICE

[/COLOR]

iceminers26

I don't know why that got all messed up at the top of the post, maybe from copy and paste, who knows but suppose to read:

Week to Date - 6-1 +16.80 units

College Postseason - +29.60 units

(2 NCAAB & 1 NBA plays pending from Wednesday)

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

wow 30 units on k state? ive never seen you go so big before. i might have to jump on

mvp123
    mvp123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5039

good luck

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    wow 30 units on k state? ive never seen you go so big before. i might have to jump on
    No I haven't, went 2-0 on 2 - 20 unit plays this season but that's the only time I stepped above 10 units on a single play.

freeVICK

i trust you bro, ill give k state a shot

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    i trust you bro, ill give k state a shot
    I'll have a write-up later tonight so if you want to wait before playing it to read the write-up to see if you agree or disagree with it, either way your call but I placed all of the above plays already and just going to sit back now and enjoy the weekend.

freeVICK

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    I'll have a write-up later tonight so if you want to wait before playing it to read the write-up to see if you agree or disagree with it, either way your call but I placed all of the above plays already and just going to sit back now and enjoy the weekend.

thanks bro appreciate it.

iceminers26

I don't know why that got all messed up at the top of the post, maybe from copy and paste, who knows but suppose to read: Week to Date - 6-1 +16.80 units College Postseason - +29.60 units (2 NCAAB & 1 NBA plays pending from Wednesday)
    Wednesday Results - 0-3 (-6.60) units

Week to Date - 6-4 +10.20 units

College Hoops Postseason - +23 units

iceminers26

College Hoops Tourney - Week II (Thursday Plays)

Wednesday Results - 0-3 (-6.60) units

Week to Date - 6-4 +10.20 units

College Hoops Postseason - +25.20 units

Not the best night on Wednesday with my 2 college plays losing and my 1 NBA play losing, the Princeton under play was way off, the Twolves quit down the stretch, and the Missouri State debacle at the end of the game to blow the cover, well, that's just the way it goes sometimes. Only positive all 3 plays were at the lowest unit I will play, 2 units, so only a total loss of (-6.60 units) on the night and still up +10.20 units on the week and +25.20 units for the college hoops postseason. I got a handful of plays for the second week of the ncaa tournament but will only list my ones for Thursday in this blog, others can be found in my daily thread, but will write about Friday's plays in the blog following this current one.

Thursday

Kansas State -4.5 30 units (Posted Monday)

Butler +6 5 units

Pacific/Appalachian State OVER 132 5 units

Cornell +8.5 2 units

Cornell +4.5 (-105) 1H 2 units

Cornell +400 1 unit

Butler +230 1 unit

Will start with the game I have the most units on and work my way down because after all they are the ones I am most confident in and the ones I have done a great job hitting at a consistent high percentage.

Kansas State -4.5

I have only stepped above the 10 unit mark on a single play twice this year, fortunately I will successful both times, once with Pitt covering at home midway through the regular season and just recently with Wofford covering easily as a 10 point dog to Wisconsin.

The Wildcats are 1 of 2 teams that I have future plays invested in, Baylor being the other, but I have more invested in the Wildcats and they're the only team I made a play on to win the National Championship. I see no reason why I should start to begin to think otherwise because if you ask me, they have looked as impressive as any other club that still remains; I actually think they have looked the most impressive. In the first round, they blew out North Texas by 20 and only held them to 62 total points and then in the second round they had another double digit win beating BYU by 12. What has impressed me most about this club is their ability to hold leads, they had a 16 point lead on North Texas at the break and won by 20, outscoring NT by 4 in the 2H (the margin would have been even greater but they brought in mop up duty at the end that gave up some points but still increased the double digit lead at the break). Then they were up double digits again at the break against BYU, 10 point lead, and increased that by 2, winning the game by 12. Yes BYU made some runs and tried everything in their power to cut into the lead but the Wildcats always kept it above that 6 to 8 point margin and put them away down the stretch. The ability of a team to close is a very good indication of how far they will go in this tourney IMO and another indication if are you willing to lay points with this club, Kansas State has shown me over the past week in their current form that they are the most confident team still playing that I would lay points with. If you're looking for stats and angles for this particular match-up, check my Monday blog because it contains the write-up for this game, this mini write up is just my confidence to lay the points in this spot and how I feel about this Wildcats' club.

As for Xavier, they beat Minnesota 65-54 in the first round and then Pitt 71-68. If you watched the Pitt game, you know that Xavier is not a closer like Kansas State, they let Pitt back into that game on numerous occasions and there were several mini droughts by both clubs. If Pitt could have stepped up in certain spots when they cut a double digit lead down to 1 and 3 on different occasions, it may be them we are talking about in this spot but they couldn't and it is Xavier. You can say they won that game because they were in fact the ones that created the double digit lead, but they sure as shit did not close it out like a solid team is suppose to.

Today we have a team that is in great form and knows how to go for the kill against a team that is happy to just hang around and play the "hope" factor, well all the hoping in the world won't get it done for Xavier in this spot. I'm expecting a comfortable halftime lead for the Wildcats in the neighborhood of 10 to 12 points and them to repeat what they have done the past 2 tournament games, maintain, maintain, and maintain that double digit lead to the next round and the back for us Wildcats' backers.

Pacific/Appalachian State OVER 132

Please view Wednesday's blog if you would like to read my write-up.

Butler +6 and ML +230

Taking a shot with Butler here because they have shown they can hang around and have been one of the most effective clubs in the 2H of the tournament, outscoring opponents 82-52 in the 2H, a +30 difference. The offensive side may be somewhat lopsided because they did throw up 50 against UTEP in the 2H but I'm more focused on the defensive numbers where they have held both opponents, Murray State and UTEP, to just 26 2H points apiece.

As for Syracuse, they have not really been tested yet and have been up handily in both games at the break and both opponents never made serious 2H threats. They blew out a Vermont club that shoot flat out awful all game and beat a deflated Gonzaga club that basically gave up at the break. Unlike with Kansas State where BYU made numerous runs and were a threat, neither of these clubs even competed in the 2H versus the Cuse. I expect this to play a factor in this spot because I know Butler will be there at the break and with the way they have played the past 2 games in the 2H, I would not be surprised in they take the lead at some point in the 2H. Therefore I am not only grabbing the 6 with Butler but making a small play on the ML as well.

Cornell +8.5, +4.5 and ML +400

Not much to this game, both teams have dominated in the first two rounds but I really like the points with Cornell because they have more experience and IMO this is a very generous number because of the name of the other side of the court. The Big Red are shooting 45 percent from deep in the tourney, 17-38, and causing teams all kinds of trouble on how to figure out how to guard these kids. If you double down on them in the paint, they have shown with the numbers above they will burn you with the 3 ball, just ask Temple and Wisconsin, 2 of the better defenses in the country. And if you decide not to double in the paint, the big guys have shown they can create and hit their own shoot, so its kind of like pick your poison with this club on how you want them to beat you. Along with the game and 1H, I am also taking a shot on the ML because the odds are there and as I mentioned above, this club is an experienced bunch that knows how to win.

Good Luck

ICE
    Points Awarded:

darkenergy gave iceminers26 30 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

Butler has to go crazy from behind the arc to stay close. But I'm rooting for them!! BOL

JBQB107
    JBQB107's Avatar Become A Pro!

does anyone think that northern iowa is going to come out firing, and absolutely give michigan state a run for their money? i honestly don't think MSU is that strong, and the way northern iowa's confidence is up...they could pull of another upset

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by JBQB107 View Post
    does anyone think that northern iowa is going to come out firing, and absolutely give michigan state a run for their money? i honestly don't think MSU is that strong, and the way northern iowa's confidence is up...they could pull of another upset
    yes, I have a small play on NI and a bigger play on the under, think there defense shuts down the Spartans and they advance.

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1233

Good luck ice, but I have to disagree with your big 30U game. If you look at the stats of the last game they played on Dec 8th Xavier only shot 29% from the Field and went 8 min without a FG as well. That is not going happen tonight. If Xavier shoots better like they have all season at 47%. By the Way KS shoots 45% for the season and Xavier is a better 3 pt shooting team as well. They will make this game a very close game and pull it off at the end. The last game was played a KS as well.
    Xavier ML is the play

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by DaColts View Post
    Good luck ice, but I have to disagree with your big 30U game. If you look at the stats of the last game they played on Dec 8th Xavier only shot 29% from the Field and went 8 min without a FG as well. That is not going happen tonight. If Xavier shoots better like they have all season at 47%. By the Way KS shoots 45% for the season and Xavier is a better 3 pt shooting team as well. They will make this game a very close game and pull it off at the end. The last game was played a KS as well. Xavier ML is the play
    Hey Colts, thanks for posting, I always like a response from someone on the other side because it brings up some good game discussions.
    First, I did not even bring up the 15 point pumping Kansas State put on Xavier once in my write-up because it happened a while back and I could really care less about that particular game. I'm more focused on current form and my eyes have me to believe that no team is playing as well as Kansas State at the current time and Xavier sure has not looked impressive to me at all to say the least. You mention about Xavier 8 minute drought in their last meeting and you say it won't happen again, but Xavier had droughts in both tourney games thus far this year to Minny and Pitt, last being Pitt this past Sunday. I'm not going to bad mouth Xavier because they deserve all the press they get for coming out of the A10 and making it here, but if they play like they did against Pitt, they will get ran out of the gym by the Wildcats. I'm confident as I said earlier that the Wildcats cover the set number and feel they will by double digits. Good luck with your Xavier play, we are definitely on opposite sides but at least one of us will win this game. Good lucky buddy.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I like your K. State bet. Those futures don't look too bad either. good job.

tealish
    tealish's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love your K State future play. +2200 seems awfully generous too

tealish
    tealish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your analysis of K State is also spot on. When I'm watching the Wildcats, and am rooting for them, I don't seem to worry. They are steady throughout and never allow any sustained runs by the opponent. They just seem to be in control and that's what you look for heading towards the big dance. The same cannot be said about the other 15 teams, at least not to the same degree.
    In fact, I like all your plays except for Cornell. GL

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1233

Look out for the X-men

darkenergy
    darkenergy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

GL Ice.
    Man reading your write up on K-State, I really want to put my mortgage on the play.
    BOL Sir.
    and sorry for talk you into the Thuggets/Celts UNDER yesterday, feel really bad.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by tealish View Post
    I love your K State future play. +2200 seems awfully generous too
    yeah +2250 before tourney started, I think it has some value especially the way they have been playing

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by darkenergy View Post
    GL Ice. Man reading your write up on K-State, I really want to put my mortgage on the play. BOL Sir. and sorry for talk you into the Thuggets/Celts UNDER yesterday, feel really bad.
    Never put the mortgage on any play buddy, you know that. As for the Celtics game, don't feel sorry, we were on opposite leans as far as the side and came to the consensus that the under was probably the better play, nothing to be sorry about, we just picked the wrong play in that game. Thanks for the points too, hope these plays produce you some money tonight.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by DaColts View Post
    Look out for the X-men
    unless Wolverine is playing tonight, I'm still pretty confident in the Wildcats

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

god its making me sick that Sammy is on a lot of games we are on

Wolf40
    Wolf40's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    who the hell is this sammy guy? the ultimate mush????

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf40 View Post

SamsinCharge a real piece of shit and a terrible fukkin capper

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    yes, not wild about the fact **** nuts is on the same side of us in a lot of games but that idiot can't lose them all

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf40 View Post
    terrible capper, worse person...just this week, guy ripped off an Ebay customer for around 1k and had the nerve to make a video about it playing it off as a big joke

iceminers26

WTA Play

A.Petkovic +5 (-110) 4 units

Line and price from 5dimes, match probably going off around 4 ET today.

Wolf40
    Wolf40's Avatar Become A Pro!

terrible capper, worse person...just this week, guy ripped off an Ebay customer for around 1k and had the nerve to make a video about it playing it off as a big joke
    every dog has his day right?

hugh4310
    hugh4310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

What is the website where he says he ripped this person off? I just want to see it!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by hugh4310 View Post
    What is the website where he says he ripped this person off? I just want to see it!

think he got a vid about it in players talk

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by hugh4310 View Post
    Its in PT forum, guy was rude and inconsiderate to a poor customer service rep who probably only makes $8/hr and it was all started because Sammy ripped off another Ebay customer and is now trying to get out of paying off what he owes.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

gotta say, ice and 2dabank, i've been sweating my XU play a little all day because you two were on K State. and then, that magical mushtastic thread appeared....BOL to you guys tonight.

WIZARDOFBEANTOWN
    WIZARDOFBEANTOWN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

ice love the write up pulled the trigger with k st. and gl tonight

12 Last