tylerguy02
    tylerguy02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Talk me into Cornell +8.5

I really like taking a dog such as Cornell in this spot, but I haven't really been able to watch them that much to see how their defense would be able to handle Kentucky's O. Do you think Cornell has a shot to cover?

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

hmmm line dropped a half point then I thought it was at 9

tylerguy02
    tylerguy02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

It started out at 9.5

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

I haven't got into this match-up yet mainly because I have a lot of stock in Kansas State and want to get that one out of the way, but just from watching both clubs play, yes I think they can hang with Kentucky. I'm hoping to take an hour tomorrow night and look over the other match-ups for the tourney this week, and can give you my view after I gave it a thorough look. I will say this, Cornell shoots the 3 ball at a ridiculous percentage, think I heard something in the mid 40 percent range for the tourney, and teams are having trouble because when they double down low, the Big Red burns them with the 3 ball. And when when they don't double down low, the big guy is pretty effective at getting his own shot and converting. With that said as much as I hate Kentucky, they looked pretty impressive in their win over Wake Forest. Not saying WF is the best out there, but still looked pretty darn good. Like I said, I'll shoot ya my insight when I get a chance to cap this game tomorrow night.

SOUP
    One game at a Time.
    SOUP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1803

I would like to say although I love the run Cornell is on, it will come to an end against Kentucky. Unless they get in rhythm they will lose big.

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes

Soup bet $608.24 tomorrow

SOUP
    One game at a Time.

Quote Originally Posted by suckerforparlays View Post
    Soup bet $608.24 tomorrow
    So if I lose I have an even 10,000$?

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SOUP View Post
    Don't do it, expect to win and don't even think about what to risk so you land on a certain number, expect to win Soupy

SOUP
    One game at a Time.

Well I posted my plays in the NBA section today, 3-0 +500$ for the night not too bad but I made a medium play on the Knicks when I usually would lay 500$

rolltide10
    rolltide10's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have watched a lot of Kentucky and every Cornell tourney game, as well as there game early in the year when they played Alabama (not that carries any wieght Bama Is garbage). Cornell's big man is a solid player but he can't deal with the Cousin and Patterson tandem down low. He will get his rebounds but lacks the strength to score tough tips and contested shots. Cornell guard play is very good but they will have problems defensively with the style of play that Kentucky plays. They don't have the depth and to go out and run 40 mons with Kentucky.
    Taking into account the 8.5 in order for Cornell to cover they will have to shoot 37 to 45 percent from 15 foot plus. I believe they can do that. Cornell is a big play if you don't give Cal 3 days to prepare. This isn't the first or second round. Kentucky knows what they are about to face, they know they can't overlook this team. This is actually a spot where the youth of this Kentucky team helps, by not taking anything for granted. If this game takes plays in round one or two I pound this line but it's a no play because the few days rest( which also hurts cornell's shooters).

With all that being said if you play a side cornell is it but if you are looking for advise.... Stay away. Play very small on the ml to make it interesting and watch a he'll of a game.
    Btw I hate Kentucky and this is just my 2cents

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes

Quote Originally Posted by SOUP View Post
    well yea a nice pretty number lol but I dont expect you to lose hahahah wasnt ment for you to lose hahaha. Just thought it would be a nice bet lol

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

it's hard to gauge how these two will matchup. I'm having a bigger problem with it than any other game by far. Cornell I know.. but Kentucky is still a mystery. Two freshman the most important players. NBA draft picks if not this year then next.
    These teams are so opposite. It's going to depend on Kentucky. What they bring. Calipari has been emphasizing fun of the game and looseness. That's a great idea, Wall and Cousins are only 18 year old kids.
    But their futures are beyond this.. with Cornell, THIS IS their time. School pride, final big game ever for almost all of the team to pour it on all they got and graduate on a high maybe one never to be forgotten.

when in doubt, watch the first half and bet the second half.

Sometimes the second half brings better opportunity than a blind bet at tipoff.
    Last edited by Snowball; 03-23-10 at 11:11 PM.

SOUP
    One game at a Time.

Lol yeah that would be a nice cash in if it Hit.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take some mind altering drugs, the kind that make you see things in a parallel universe where everything is opposite or something like that. It should be easy to lay money on Cornell like that