Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Conference vs Conference Matchups

What is everyones thoughts on the conferences this yr?
    Every yr a conference or two surprises, a conference or two fails ATS.
    (recent e.g. football, PAC-10 was overrated BIG this yr when the bowl games were played)
    Will Big East hype overrate them point spread wise? (I think so)
    Is the perception that the Pac-10 (ironically) is down in hoops this yr? (might be value here IMO)
    Big 12? SEC? Big 10? ACC? A-10? MWC?
    I am talking NCAA, NIT, and CBI games... huge opportunity if you get it right.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

think the a-10 teams are being disrespected spread wise seems like a lot of value getting richmond +1 against st marys, Xavier +1 against minny, temple -4....they all feel solid to me in the opening round

Serbone

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    think the a-10 teams are being disrespected spread wise seems like a lot of value getting richmond +1 against st marys, Xavier +1 against minny, temple -4....they all feel solid to me in the opening round
    Good points, I especially like Xavier a LOT in this spot.

PF Love and guard (#55 cannot remember his name) are unstoppable, and have plenty of other athletes... play excellent "D".

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

I didnt think Temple was gonna get a 5 I could of sworn a 4 seed atleast i mean **** the championship was on CBS and not ESPN thats like throwing that conference and everyone saying HEY watch these 2 teams before the Opening round starts!

And I thought Richmond would of got an 8 9 game which I see that they got a 7 seed but they got seeded against a powerhouse 10 seed lol and would have a better chance at winning a game in a close 89 game thats just my oppinion. But then if you do win the 89 game you run into the 1 seed.

Serbone

Will U Conn - 7 1/2 kid's heads be in the game in NIT tomorrow? They quit last game. Now that coach is re-signed for a few more yrs, they might get interested again.

Washington first game vs Marquette might be a good bet... they are # 1 (or #2) team in Pac-10 versus, what, the 5-6th best team in The Big East?

I think Nova and WV are over hyped, will not go against them first games probably but 2nd game they might be good favorites to go against.

ND is one team I wlll go with in BE, their new style seems to make them a LOT better.

Louisville is a tough one to figure, might be in let down spot, might be good value to go with Cal first game.

Big 12 might also be a bit overrated, other than KU and K St, I think they are getting too uch credit.

Missouri will get pounded by Clemson and go home fast.

THE KEY to this time of the yr is conference assessment.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love Richmond and Temple.

Xavier I avoid at all costs. When I bet them, I lose. When I bet against them, I lose.

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I agree richmond and temple look good

Serbone

Damn, not much feedback here on what I asked.
    I am telling you, the KEY to the next 3-4 weeks is identifying conference line biases, NCAA, NIT, and CBI.
    Go easy at first, but after a few games you can usually see patterns.
    NIT& CBI games Tues and Weds can tell you a lot about NCAA on Thurs and Fri.
    Just saying "Kentucky will kill them" helps no one.
    Preliminary assessment IMO is that Big E is ovverated and Pac 10 underrated. A-10 underrated... but not going heavy in that direction unless it starts to prove correct.
    Stay away from the 1 and even 2 seed games opening rounds.
    Then move in.
    Could the SEC overachieve this yr? We shall see.
    Again, the key, if no one else wants to contribute, fine, no more out of me.