stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Syracuse won't last long in the NCAA

They have great chemistry yes and they will get a #1 seed but they don't have the over the top talent teams like Kansas and Kentucky have. Not enough future NBAers. Teams like this always march home early - they won't win 3 NCAA games.

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Syracuse will go to final four....they will get a number 1 seed regardless if G'town wins....and that path will be easier than big east play

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

you probably have syracuse minus the points, right?

stevek173

Quote Originally Posted by Dank_Fire View Post
    Syracuse will go to final four....they will get a number 1 seed regardless if G'town wins....and that path will be easier than big east play
    I agree they wil get the #1 seed but no final four run, wont win 3 game sin the big show

Dank_Fire

Quote Originally Posted by jayc88 View Post
    you probably have syracuse minus the points, right?

Fuk no.....

Im just saying i dont think u realize how hard big east conference play is

stevek173

I think what they have done this year is nothing short of remarkable and I agree the Big East is extremely tough. I just think these teams with more NBA caliber payers will take over when the chips are on the table.

Dank_Fire

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    I think what they have done this year is nothing short of remarkable and I agree the Big East is extremely tough. I just think these teams with more NBA caliber payers will take over when the chips are on the table.

The only other team that I can think of with as much talent is Kentucky...I dont think Kansas and Duke are on the same level...Rick Jackson, Wesley Johnson and Onwaku are a solid triple threat....Im not a die hard cuse fan or anything....none the less im real excited for this years tourny despite the field being so weak

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

If they win 2 they win 3. Jimmy B will have them prepared for the 3rd game. 4th could cause problems.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

elite 8 at worst

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Arinze Onuaku will practice Monday and is listed as day to day. I agree with teaserthepussypleaser above and predict Syracuse Elite Eight at worst. Who knows who wins it all at this point before the seedings/match-ups are known.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Dank_Fire View Post
    The only other team that I can think of with as much talent is Kentucky...I dont think Kansas and Duke are on the same level...Rick Jackson, Wesley Johnson and Onwaku are a solid triple threat....Im not a die hard cuse fan or anything....none the less im real excited for this years tourny despite the field being so weak
    Kansas is easily the best team in the country, Kentucky will NOT make the Final Four.

Back to the original point, I actually like Syracuse a lot. Many times, playing sound basketball as a cohesive unit trumps superior talent.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Back to the original point, I actually like Syracuse a lot. Many times, playing sound basketball as a cohesive unit trumps superior talent.
    :nods in agreement

jmush
    jmush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

cuse will make final 4

SHADYLANKY
    Update your status
    SHADYLANKY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

I think Syracuse will win 3 games and make the Elite 8. They have a good shot to go farther. I think this year's tourney will be more entertaining since there isn't any 1 or 2 teams that really stand out. It could be a year a 3 or 4 seed wins it. I hope it is entertaining as hell.

ryanjep
    ryanjep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11243

im now picking cuse to win it all

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

They have great chemistry yes and they will get a #1 seed but they don't have the over the top talent teams like Kansas and Kentucky have. Not enough future NBAers. Teams like this always march home early - they won't win 3 NCAA games.

you are way off base on this one.....

first of all, think back to 2003 when Syracuse won the title.... how many future NBA players did they have? just 2

this team has at least 5 future NBA players imo

Wes Johnson is supposed to about 3-6 this year (Melo was a 3rd pick)
    Rautins is projected as a late 2nd rounder
    Onuako will get invited to camp for someone

Joesph will go first round in 2011
    Rick Jackson is a late 2nd round pick 2011

and who knows with Scoop, Mookie, and Triche. I would think with 2-3 more years they'll also be potential NBA players....

you would be hard pressed to find 5 more teams with AS MUCH future nba talent on their teams.... so i'm not sure where you got this idea for a thread

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Kentucky gets bounced in the 3rd round.

Syracuse would ROLL kentucky.

stevek173

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    you are way off base on this one.....

first of all, think back to 2003 when Syracuse won the title.... how many future NBA players did they have? just 2

this team has at least 5 future NBA players imo

Wes Johnson is supposed to about 3-6 this year (Melo was a 3rd pick)
    Rautins is projected as a late 2nd rounder
    Onuako will get invited to camp for someone

Joesph will go first round in 2011
    Rick Jackson is a late 2nd round pick 2011

and who knows with Scoop, Mookie, and Triche. I would think with 2-3 more years they'll also be potential NBA players....

you would be hard pressed to find 5 more teams with AS MUCH future nba talent on their teams.... so i'm not sure where you got this idea for a thread
    They call him Mello.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

yeah 2 nba players. mello and warrick. I think this team has alot more talent upside. so again, not sure what you are basing your argument on. When Syracuse is "on" and playing their style on Offense and Defense they can beat anyone in the country

will_kill
    will_kill's Avatar Become A Pro!

elite 8

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    Kentucky gets bounced in the 3rd round.

Syracuse would ROLL kentucky.

Thats the matchup I wanna see

GGPLAYER
    GGPLAYER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7549

As much as I think Boehiem does not coach that well and seems to never have or want a bench beyond 2 guys it's the 2-3 zone they run which makes the difference this year. Anyone outside of the BE who does not play them on a regular basis has too hard a time with it. This year's version is maybe the best because they have extended it out and trap more on the wings. Team's get so out of sync and start chucking up 3's before looking for a good shot. It's a shame they finished the season with 2 not so great loses. Both games they had the lead at half-time but did not execute well in the 2nd half. Lou and GTown exposed them. I'm not sure what to expect out of this team this year in the tourney. A few weeks ago I would have said Final 4 no problem but now it's a bit shaky. Team has lost some swagger and I have no idea what the extend of AO's injury will be like come next week. If he can't perform they are done.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by GGPLAYER View Post
    As much as I think Boehiem does not coach that well and seems to never have or want a bench beyond 2 guys it's the 2-3 zone they run which makes the difference this year. Anyone outside of the BE who does not play them on a regular basis has too hard a time with it. This year's version is maybe the best because they have extended it out and trap more on the wings. Team's get so out of sync and start chucking up 3's before looking for a good shot. It's a shame they finished the season with 2 not so great loses. Both games they had the lead at half-time but did not execute well in the 2nd half. Lou and GTown exposed them. I'm not sure what to expect out of this team this year in the tourney. A few weeks ago I would have said Final 4 no problem but now it's a bit shaky. Team has lost some swagger and I have no idea what the extend of AO's injury will be like come next week. If he can't perform they are done.

very good points. and I think you are exactly right about the wrinkles in the zone. Big east teams/coaches are used to preparing for it and most of the vets on the team have seen it at least some from years prior, and they get 2-5 days to prepare for it. But the Team that gets Syracuse in the 2nd round and possibly sweet 16(4th) round will not have much time at ALL to prepare so I think those games I'll be tailing Syracuse.

I do share some of the concerns you cited, and I also don't see how Rautins can keep shooting as hot as he has been...
    but for the past 3 years I have felt like Syracuse moves the ball around, with the quick crisp extra 1,2 and even somtimes 3 passes even in transition better than any team i've ever seen in college.