fsu2010
    fsu2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wake tonight

Let me start off by saying that I go to FSU, am going to the game tonight (hopefully getting on ESPN again tonight because I'm sitting in the nole zone behind the basket), and would love to see FSU crush Wake tonight. I will NOT be betting on this game for obvious reasons, however, I think there is a ton of value taking Wake ML at +285 (and the 7.5 spread). First, Wake has played the majority of their games super close this year, including 4 OT games. Second, this is a must win for both teams. We are in a 4-way tie for 3rd place in the conference (the top 4 get a first round bye in the ACC tournament; so the top two out of the 4 tied teams achieve the bye). Florida State really hasn't played that well at home this season, including a really bad loss to NC State earlier in the season. Granted, Scott Wood decided to ball out that game and get 30+ points, but I digress. With the current ML, Wake only needs to win 26% of the time for this to be a +EV play, and obviously I think they win much more often than this. Like I said though, I'm only making this post to help everyone out with a largely +EV pick, and I will not be taking it because I can't root against my boys this late in the season. I'm well aware of the argument for taking FSU, we're on fire, etc. etc. Wake has also been sucking it up the last couple of games. Not really sure where they've been, but look for both teams to keep this one close tonight. Chances are it's going to be a really sloppy game because of FSU's lack of a PG and Ish Smith taking ridiculous shots since he'll have trouble driving in the paint on Solomon Alibi/Xavier Gibson (7'1 and 6'11 respectively). Sorry for the rambling, pre-gaming for the last home game of the year. Look for a tall goofy guy in the student section.

TLDR?

Cliffs:
    WAKE ML IS +EV

Htd
    Htd's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the write up....good luck

fsu2010
    fsu2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did I mention, GO NOLES.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

strange line here... fsu is a good basketball team but 7 against wake? only problem is wake is very questionable with their shot selection at times n r not great on the road a no play here

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

wake forrest is garbage