DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Thurs 11/30 NCAAB picks & discussion thread

2dabank must be working hard. I’ll get this set up for today’s discussion.

I’m on the Hall laying a bucket at MSG tonight to take down the ranked red raiders. Texas Tech has played cupcakes but seton hall has been tested already. Both senior squads but I just love Angel Delgado down low, guys a game changer for the Pirates.

Waiting for Temple line to move in my favor, I’m looking at +1 right now but I like them at MSG as well. Another senior squad that plays good defense and should take down a developing sc team.

I think MSU defends home court against ND but do they cover 6? Is that 139 over under a little low? ND good FT shooting team, will come in launching 3s. MSU should use its size advantage to get easy buckets in the paint. If it’s close you got the FT game at the end as both teams will really want this top 5 win on their resume.

Lean UCF over Mizzou. Line moved from +2 to +4 now. Knights play an ugly gritty style at home and grind games to a halt. Not sure if Mizzou is quite ready to go grab a W on the road in this type of game yet.

What else you guys see?

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Why is South Florida getting nearly 10 points at Elon?

GPrime19
    GPrime19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 906

I see pretty eye to eye with you, those games are all passes to me but I do lean on your side in most.

Texas Tech did blow out northwestern in neutral court.. I know NW isn’t that strong but 85-49 still impressive. That’s why I’m staying off that game.

I’m also waiting for temple to move

GPrime19

Also I’m thinking about Weber state, they may be getting too many.

wintheflavor
    wintheflavor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

with u on setonhalI think Delgado have to have draft party here

MSU to many bigs should be able to beat nd here bye 8..

Mizz watchd thm few times the should beat ucf...goin to stay away from this game goin to watch

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Jeff Lebo up and quit on ECU yesterday....how will the team respond? Line opened at UNCW -1.5 and now is -4.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by Memento View Post
    Jeff Lebo up and quit on ECU yesterday....how will the team respond? Line opened at UNCW -1.5 and now is -4.
    Yeah, I was intrigued late last night at -1.5.... now at -4 not as attractive.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Right on, I'm here now. Thanks for starting it up.

ChrisPicks
    ChrisPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 918

Nice writeup! Goodluck everyone!

2daBank

I like temple as well. Definition of battle tested as they havnt had one cup cake on their schedule while scary been playing all scrubs. Also think owls bigs ability to stretch the floor will create matchup problems for scary and draw their rim protectors away from the paint!!

Disagree about ucf, was really hoping to get tigers as dogs tho, I think mizzou wins. They have the length to compete with ucf monster and just look at like opponents in the tourney in Florida last week. Mizzou handled johnies while ucf lost to them, mizzou gave wvu everything they wanted until falling just short while mountaineers boat raced ucf wire to wire.

Really impressed with Irish and the acc dominating this challenge. Really want to take the points but my one big concern is Irish incredibly thin at the point and whenever Farrel on the bench they really struggle.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Banker, just remember one thing. ACC dominating this challenge has absolutely nothing to do with ND @ MSU game tonight.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Banker, just remember one thing. ACC dominating this challenge has absolutely nothing to do with ND @ MSU game tonight.
    I know this,, just speaks to the strength of conference compared to crappy big 10.. like I said my only real hesitancy for playing Irish is how bad they look when Ferrell isn't on the court.. does sparty have the ability to make life hard for him on defensive end to wear him down?

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I know this,, just speaks to the strength of conference compared to crappy big 10.. like I said my only real hesitancy for playing Irish is how bad they look when Ferrell isn't on the court.. does sparty have the ability to make life hard for him on defensive end to wear him down?
    It’s a good point. Irish are lost without Ferrell. It was comical watching them last week while he was on the bench. Buncha chickens with their heads cut off. But it’s difficult to predict foul trouble for him.

I think the major point is the mismatch is the front court. Spartans are super deep down low, and bigger and more talented. They should be able to overpower ND in the paint and get easy buckets, meanwhile ND will have to rely on jump shots more which is tough to rely on the road in a harsh environment.

2daBank

It’s a good point. Irish are lost without Ferrell. It was comical watching them last week while he was on the bench. Buncha chickens with their heads cut off. But it’s difficult to predict foul trouble for him.

I think the major point is the mismatch is the front court. Spartans are super deep down low, and bigger and more talented. They should be able to overpower ND in the paint and get easy buckets, meanwhile ND will have to rely on jump shots more which is tough to rely on the road in a harsh environment.
    Yea that offense looks like hell when he off the court. Irish have enough size and they well coached, they will put bodies on guys down low. I dunno. I wouldn't feel good laying that number but doubt I play it either way. I think there better games on board.

GPrime19

Does anybody know if Peters is playing tonight for Miss St or is he still team suspended.. don’t know if they’ve revealed. I’d jump NDSU if he’s out.

GoCanes24
    GoCanes24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

I've watched UCF over the years and realize that while they tend to be a defensive wall at home, their offense is too unpredictable to bet on/against. I'd stay away

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GPrime19 View Post
    Does anybody know if Peters is playing tonight for Miss St or is he still team suspended.. don’t know if they’ve revealed. I’d jump NDSU if he’s out.
    Not sure, I like ndst regardless.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GoCanes24 View Post
    I've watched UCF over the years and realize that while they tend to be a defensive wall at home, their offense is too unpredictable to bet on/against. I'd stay away
    The under has some appeal to me, along with mizzou although not thrilled missing good number.

Minhng87
    Minhng87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 854

I also like mizz and the under
    what your thought on
    SDSU -4
    webber st +11
    webber st over 141
    elon over 134

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Minhng87 View Post
    I also like mizz and the under
    what your thought on
    SDSU -4
    webber st +11
    webber st over 141
    elon over 134
    Weber st looks pretty solid, big number for a abysmal ft shooting team in Fresno.

Think that a tough gm in San Diego but aztecs size should win out.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

520 UAB -4.5 $200
    520 UAB -205/Open $100

-First Road game for Tubby
    -Uab had a tough trip to the Caymans, and been home 8 days now, having a perfectly scheudled exhibition game 4 days ago.
    -Tigers are very sloppy w/ the ball
    -Memphis best offense is a missed shot, and that UAB Greatest Strength
    -Tigers get a big chuck of points on the from the line (13th most in the country) and UAB Doesn't Foul
    -Uab one of the best Free Throw shooting teams in the country, Memphis one of the worse
    -Blazers will dominate the inside

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    520 UAB -4.5 $200
    520 UAB -205/Open $100

-Uab had a tough trip to the Caymans, and been home 8 days now, having a perfectly scheudled exhibition game 4 days ago.
    -Tigers get a big chuck of points on the from the line (13th most in the country) and UAB Doesn't Foul
    -Uab one of the best Free Throw shooting teams in the country, Memphis one of the worse
    I been having a lot of success taking teams to bounce back from bad tourneys. Looks solid

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Mizzou gonna have freshmen guarding 7’6” Taco Fall... ain’t gonna end well. UCF coming off back to back losses with a chance to get a good win at home tonight. You may have already bet it or may not care, but it really seems like a letdown spot for Mizzou here.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

535 NDST +10 $200

Ok Ben Howland has opened up the season playing a bunch of cupcakes at home (which is fine, because they have one of the youngest teams in the nation), but what happens is it becomes hard to find motivation angles. Then Peters (their best player) gets suspended after the 3rd game blowout and then they only win by 5 and 3 the next two, granted against better competition, but not much better than NDST.

Bison have played much tougher comp and are improving after starting the season off in Cali.

Now the stats don't look on comparisons, but remember the difference of scheduling.

I just think 10 is too much here, i mean they don't have the talent matched, but they should be able to keep this one close.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Mizzou gonna have freshmen guarding 7’6” Taco Fall... ain’t gonna end well. UCF coming off back to back losses with a chance to get a good win at home tonight. You may have already bet it or may not care, but it really seems like a letdown spot for Mizzou here.
    This game is simple, if Missouri shoots its well from deep they cover

2daBank

Taco is tall so what? Mizzou has plenty of young length and they will wear his big ass out. Why would this a letdown spot off a loss?? Like opponents makes it pretty easy to see who the better team between these 2.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

1516 USF/Elon 1h u 62.5 $100

I mean this one pretty self explantory,

-both dreadful paces
    -Elon been off for 8 days and lives by the 3, which is one of USF greatest strengths on Defense
    -USF lives at the line, Elon doesn't Foul
    -Neither Team can get second chance points

Im choosing the 1h, because of my off over a week angle along w/ i actually think this game could be tight late.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

1533 Western Carolina 1h +9 $200

The Catamounts have played the 5th toughest schedule in the country, including 3 of the best defensive squads in the nation in Cincy, Clemson, and Minny. So lets not freak out w/ all the red on the comparison chart. They can really stroke it from outside shooting over 42% from deep.

Now Im very high on this Charleston team, They flat out defend the rim and get after on D, however they struggle guarding the permitter. I know its only their second home game but I haven't been impressed and this is first game back from Alaska. They haven't covered a # like 15 against average competition.

We just need Western Carolina to make some early 3's and not go crazy on the turnovers in the first 20 and we should be able to stay within a few possessions.

Chance Cougars could be flat off Alaska, and yeah when they settle in and start turning over and dominating inside they might pull away, but I think we can hang tight for 20.

2daBank

Someone lit a fire under lk! He bringing the goods last few days!! Lol

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

520 UAB -4.5 $200
    520 UAB -205/Open $100

I like the breakdown. Will be plenty of Memphis locals taking their squad & joe public thinking major Memphis program vs little uab... but think you’re right, love fading this Memphis team.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

539 No Zona +11.5 $100

Who is Santa Clara to lay this kinda of a number?

That's my write up

2daBank

539 No Zona +11.5 $100

Who is Santa Clara to lay this kinda of a number?

That's my write up
    My favorite kind of logic!! Seriously, lol.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Yeah, I bought USF to +10. Too many points for Elon, imo.

Kodytena22
    Kodytena22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Thoughts on Texas Tech/seton hall over? Seems low and dropping