BullDozer
    BullDozer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seton Hall -2.5 over South Florida

I usually lurk, but I figured I'd try and contribute.

Although, Seton Hall is coming off back to back wins against Pittsburgh and Louisville and is playing on the road, I still think they win by more than 3 points.

First off, a few quick stats. South Florida has never won back to back Big East games and is 0-7 all-time against Seton Hall. The only reason South Florida beat Providence is because of Dominique Jone's 46 points. He is South Florida's only offensive threat with Gus Gilchrist still out with an ankle injury. In his 4 games against Seton Hall, he has only averaged 18 points and 7 rebounds. They are familiar with him and will concentrate on shutting him down similar to what Bob Huggins had WVU do to him earlier this year and he was a non-factor in the second half of that game. Feel free to give your opinions on this game. Maybe you see something that I don't. Thanks!!

tylerguy02
    tylerguy02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I was going to post about this game being one of the better games no one is talking about. The line is dropping a bit. Hopefully it will get down to a -1 or PK before gametime and then I will really jump on it.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Love the play...its one of my 2 so far on the day. Although, I got it at -2 earlier. Goodluck

BullDozer

Two other current threads touting South Florida as the pick, but no info to really back it up. They haven't played well all year. I really don't see them winning.

sportsfan2009
    Braves Runline -1.5 (+127)
    sportsfan2009's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am just looking over stats right now really fast and at first glance i say .....

south flordia just by a few facts seton hall is 2-7 in the last 9 ats overall

and 2-6 ats overall against the big east last 8 games

i am not playing the game but if i did i would have to go with the time that is better ats

this season alone seton hall is 4-8 ats well south flordia is 11-6

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Seton Hall is terrible in closing games, so they can't really be trusted on the road. They're still riding an emotional high from their last two home wins, I expect a let down in St. Florida. On paper Seton Hall has all the advantages, but when playing on the road, it don't mean d1ck. Just asked Uconn and Kentucky, two of the best team in the nation who lost as a visitor. And you can add previous number 1 Texas too! Winning on the road is just tough, especially against a conference rival.

I think St. Florida has found new life with that lucky win against Providence. Look for them to carry it back home. This game might come down to the wire like that Marshall/Memphis game. Edge St. Florida.

BullDozer

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan2009 View Post
    i am just looking over stats right now really fast and at first glance i say .....

south flordia just by a few facts seton hall is 2-7 in the last 9 ats overall

and 2-6 ats overall against the big east last 8 games

i am not playing the game but if i did i would have to go with the time that is better ats

this season alone seton hall is 4-8 ats well south florida is 11-6
    Thanks for the info. Most of their Big East losses have been more than 8 points besides Notre Dame and Providence. With this spread being 2 points, it just seemed really low and I don't see them winning unless Jones has another spectacular night. I should probably just look for a better game. I'm sure there are a few others out there.

sportsfan2009
    Braves Runline -1.5 (+127)
    sportsfan2009's Avatar Become A Pro!

not trying to get you off the game but just giving facts i show about the game

JDUB07
    Houston Cougars!!!
    JDUB07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Love the Hall here. I think they win by at least 8 and probably double digits. they have too much offense for the South Florida Bulls squad regardless where the game is being played.