QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Small school ball for Saturday

IPFW -1 1/2 over IUPUI (Summit League)

Going with this same horse until we get bucked off.

Just to clear up the names-
    IPFW = Indiana University – Purdue University Fort Wayne
    IUPUI = Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis

Note: IUPUI is NOT like IPFW's previous opponent Western Illinois who is in last place in the league. IUPUI is in the middle of the league so don't go crazy with your betting amounts. The only way I see IUPUI winning here is to play the spoiler role. IPFW is in 1st place in the league, one game ahead of So Dakota St (the other SDSU) so they will be very motivated to win here.

IPFW has the talent and has the energy to cover, being 12-3 ATS on the road. This is only the 2nd road game in a row for the Mastodons (AKA: The Dons) so they won't be suffering from road fatigue.

Let's get another one with the team with the best ATS record running!

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Just wanted to add that even though IUPUI has a home record of 8-2, it appears to me that they have given up for the season losing 5 out of their last 6. Their previous game saw a loss at home to South Dakota, another middle-of-the-pack team.

This looks like it would fit my "Too Good To Be True (TGTBT)" system that looks at the recent opposite records of the two teams along with the small spread but as I've said before, I don't believe the linesmakers put as much effort into creating trap games with these small schools because they don't generate as much betting money. That's what makes them so profitable to me.

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

I think you are on to something with the small school games brotha!! I love the pick, will be playing them for sure tomorrow. I made a thread earlier making picks and I played IPFW almost every game. They are a covering machine! They have everything to play for too, so I wouldnt be surprised to see an easy win here.

agiftofgabb
    agiftofgabb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Hi Quantum - thanks for posting! enjoy reading up on your small school plays. I think you're on the right side of the play here, likely some revenge factor too given IPFW fell to IUPUI @ home earlier this season. Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Thank you, Sir!

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by agiftofgabb View Post
    Hi Quantum - thanks for posting! enjoy reading up on your small school plays. I think you're on the right side of the play here, likely some revenge factor too given IPFW fell to IUPUI @ home earlier this season. Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Thank you, Sir!
    Oh wow, good info. Glad to hear they lost to them earlier in the year.. LOVE playing good teams in the 2nd game of a rematch in which they lost earlier in the season.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by agiftofgabb View Post
    Excellent angle! Your post is the reason I post, to get more input.

iloseagain

not sure if this qualifies as small school, but take a look at northern zona -6 at home against southern utah. S Utah is awful their road ATS record is like 2-10.. I bet against them almost every game.. They have covered like 2 out of the last 4, however, but besides that, they usually arent close, especially on the road. Lmk what you think.

Aye J Mac
    Aye J Mac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11884

I like this play

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

IPFW - 1 is one of my plays.

However I will say this, it's not an 'absolute' must win for Fort Wayne, they already locked up the #1. Don't think they will be changing lineups, or laying down, but desperation won't be in effect at any point.

Saying that, I believe IPFW wins and comfortably cover the spread.

mahncpa
    mahncpa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3000

IPFW is 26-8 last three seasons after scoring 80+ points in previous game, 20-5 ats this season,
    revenge factor losing by 2 at home on 1/23/16, road team is 4-1 ats in the last five in the series. I am in with IPFW!!

iloseagain

man citadel vs VMI o172 looks awfully enticing. Both teams will hit 90

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    IPFW - 1 is one of my plays.

However I will say this, it's not an 'absolute' must win for Fort Wayne, they already locked up the #1. Don't think they will be changing lineups, or laying down, but desperation won't be in effect at any point.

Saying that, I believe IPFW wins and comfortably cover the spread.
    You're right about clinching the title. I hadn't realized they would have won any tie-breakers with SDSU.

Thanks for your input. I always look forward to what you have to say.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

You're welcome. I hope you played Will & Mary the other night. BOL today.

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by iloseagain View Post
    41-32 with 5 min left in the 1H

iloseagain

101 at half lol

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    You're welcome. I hope you played Will & Mary the other night. BOL today.
    I most certainly did. I gave you credit in the thread you posted in. Thanks once again for the winner.

iloseagain

sorry, meant both teams will hit 100 haha

iloseagain

please tell me someone else played this game.. It ended 111-95... Very easy bet

iloseagain

damnit IPFW sucks.. really needed them to cash

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

damnit IPFW sucks.. really needed them to cash
    Yeah, they were down by 10 with a few minutes to go and brought it back to within 2 so they definitely wanted to win. They just didn't get it done.

I played this one a bit less than the previous one against WIU so I'm still ahead considering the 2 games. I hope everyone who saw my first post played it less since I mentioned that IUPUI is a better team than WIU.

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Yeah, they were down by 10 with a few minutes to go and brought it back to within 2 so they definitely wanted to win. They just didn't get it done.

I played this one a bit less than the previous one against WIU so I'm still ahead considering the 2 games. I hope everyone who saw my first post played it less since I mentioned that IUPUI is a better team than WIU.
    yea I had them in a nice parlay that looks good besides them

Miavia
    Just Bring it...
    Miavia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

This one stings man...had 3 units on this or else would have been a better day for me....And you're doing a great job QL...Thanks for your insights and analysis...I've been tailing here and there...Thanks again my friend...