QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Ipfw +3 1/2

In a previous thread we discussed why IPFW was an underdog to South Dakota. For those of you who are not familiar with the rather obscure Summit League, IPFW is at the top of the league. Not only that, they have the best ATS record in the country. So I posted that I was taking IPFW and the points. They won rather handily.

However, today's contest is much different. Even though they are a dog they play North Dakota State. NDSU is 9-1 at home and very well could win here.

Just wanted to post this in case anyone was thinking about blindly taking IPFW because of their ATS record. I hope IPFW loses here so they will be all that much more motivated to beat Denver in their next game.

In the previous thread I mentioned another good ATS team is Oakland. I WILL be taking Oakland -8. Oakland features Kahlil Felder who is averaging 25 ppg this season.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

ipfw ml pound

RGBgeek420
    RGBgeek420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    In a previous thread we discussed why IPFW was an underdog to South Dakota. For those of you who are not familiar with the rather obscure Summit League, IPFW is at the top of the league. Not only that, they have the best ATS record in the country. So I posted that I was taking IPFW and the points. They won rather handily.

However, today's contest is much different. Even though they are a dog they play North Dakota State. NDSU is 9-1 at home and very well could win here.

Just wanted to post this in case anyone was thinking about blindly taking IPFW because of their ATS record. I hope IPFW loses here so they will be all that much more motivated to beat Denver in their next game.

In the previous thread I mentioned another good ATS team is Oakland. I WILL be taking Oakland -8. Oakland features Kahlil Felder who is averaging 25 ppg this season.
    I'm glad to see you mention this game. Does this mean you are leaning ND St? Always tough @ home and line seems to suggest ND St might take it. I think the 'tough to beat the same conf team twice in one season/revenge' angle holds some water here w/ Fargo having a history of being a tough place to play and the parity of the Summit this year I could see this one going to OT or being competitive down to the wire and FT's.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down

Ipfw has been playing really well Max has been putting this team on his back really good player and lately the books have been underestimating them in my opinion. They have been underdogs and winning, im gonna keep riding them until they lose.

RGBgeek420
    RGBgeek420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    Ipfw has been playing really well Max has been putting this team on his back really good player and lately the books have been underestimating them in my opinion. They have been underdogs and winning, im gonna keep riding them until they lose.
    Yeah, solid reasoning (not sarcasm). Guess there's no reason to lay points in this spot. Anxious to see how it plays out

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by RGBgeek420 View Post
    I'm glad to see you mention this game. Does this mean you are leaning ND St? Always tough @ home and line seems to suggest ND St might take it. I think the 'tough to beat the same conf team twice in one season/revenge' angle holds some water here w/ Fargo having a history of being a tough place to play and the parity of the Summit this year I could see this one going to OT or being competitive down to the wire and FT's.
    I'm giong to be staying away from this game. I think it could go either way, partly for some of the reasons you mention.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down

I'm giong to be staying away from this game. I think it could go either way, partly for some of the reasons you mention.
    Should be a good game to watch even with no money on it QLeap but not a bad decision, just that Ipfw has made me some nice coin lately. GL on your other plays

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    Should be a good game to watch even with no money on it QLeap but not a bad decision, just that Ipfw has made me some nice coin lately. GL on your other plays
    Thanks SBRMAN23. I've made some good coin on them as well. Sometimes I just can't understand the linesmaker making lines against them (like the South Dakota line). I'm guessing the linesmaker is weighing heavily on the home team.

GL to you as well.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Oakland wins by 10. The line eventually went from -8 to -10 1/2 so it depends on the line you got it at. This is why I like to get down early on these games.

mahncpa
    mahncpa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3000

ND State's leading scorer, Paul Miller, is questionable today with a knee injury. Looking better
    for IPFW to cover.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by mahncpa View Post
    ND State's leading scorer, Paul Miller, is questionable today with a knee injury. Looking better
    for IPFW to cover.
    Excellent! I think I'll watch the line movement.

Thanks for the input.

Edit: I remember reading where Carmelo was going to be out for NY and the line moved on the news. I bet against NY. Carmelo ended up playing. I won the bet anyway. LOL!

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

I think I'm going to put some on IPFW now. They would love to steal a game in Fargo, especially with the Summit standings so even at the top.

NDSU's leading scorer Paul Miller out for Saturday, but not out for the season

http://www.inforum.com/sports/394119...not-out-season

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

I just pulled the trigger with IPFW +4.

At the link I posted previously, the NDSU coach says Miller will be replaced by either Clements or Kading or a combination. Clements has averaged 7 ppg in 16 mins/game of play. Kading has averaged 3 ppg in 14 mins./game. It will be hard to replace Miller.

Miller was especially valuable shooting 3's at 43%. I'm betting his replacement won't be so good at this and IPFW can concentrate on playing defense closer in.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Game is off the board at Pinnacle, The Greek and bodog.

mahncpa
    mahncpa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3000

I'm in at +4!! Glad I got in before it moved downward.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Not the kind of start you're looking for if you bet IPFW. It went something like 9-0 in favor of NDSU.

IPFW is down 12 at the half. Let's hope they can bring this one back after intermission.