terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

Need a winner on Thursday night boys..

I've been reaaaal cold this week. Need to snap this losing streak.

What is everybody liking for 1/22 Thursday? Looks like a very full card. I'm not in a situation where my bankroll is about to be depleted or anything like that. Just wanna get a handle on this now.

Very interested to hear your insight everybody. Thanks.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

I like Iowa -22.5, I know it's a crazy amount to lay on the road but Rutgers is so depleted by season ending injuries that they have zero big men to stop teams from smashing them on the boards and get easy layups all night long. Iowa should get everything and anything they want. This should be ugly from the tip and turn into another route. Purdue just gave them their worst loss in history putting up over 100. This should be like an open gym for Iowa.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I like Iowa -22.5, I know it's a crazy amount to lay on the road but Rutgers is so depleted by season ending injuries that they have zero big men to stop teams from smashing them on the boards and get easy layups all night long. Iowa should get everything and anything they want. This should be ugly from the tip and turn into another route. Purdue just gave them their worst loss in history putting up over 100. This should be like an open gym for Iowa.
    hard to disagree but im allergic to laying dd let alone 22! and im not just talking road im saying period. there been several times i was astonished at how big of dogs these scrubs were and seems like they didnt even stay close to the number. hell neb beat them by damn near 40! they might be the sjst of the big10, that the only team i ever had much success laying big numbers against and i had to still really talk myself into. i know my success rate laying big numbers is really small so it just hard for me to do, that said KP has this a freaking 30 point game and it certainly looks like it on paper.

2daBank

razorbacks look solid to me, be nice to get 3 but plus anything not bad. they have enough size inside to neutralize uk rebounding and like the experienced shooters they have in backcourt and on the wings. very tough place to play where they dont drop many up against a young uk team that has only beaten bama on the road and lost to a few lessor teams with nowhere near the home court edge razorbacks enjoy. i like them to win so going to take whatever points they wanna give me..

iheartAlabama
    iheartAlabama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1945

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    razorbacks look solid to me, be nice to get 3 but plus anything not bad. they have enough size inside to neutralize uk rebounding and like the experienced shooters they have in backcourt and on the wings. very tough place to play where they dont drop many up against a young uk team that has only beaten bama on the road and lost to a few lessor teams with nowhere near the home court edge razorbacks enjoy. i like them to win so going to take whatever points they wanna give me..
    Nice write up buddy

nofrucksgiven
    nofrucksgiven's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

I like Northeastern -3

unde0087
    Did we win?

hard to disagree but im allergic to laying dd let alone 22! and im not just talking road im saying period. there been several times i was astonished at how big of dogs these scrubs were and seems like they didnt even stay close to the number. hell neb beat them by damn near 40! they might be the sjst of the big10, that the only team i ever had much success laying big numbers against and i had to still really talk myself into. i know my success rate laying big numbers is really small so it just hard for me to do, that said KP has this a freaking 30 point game and it certainly looks like it on paper.
    I hear ya, I don't ever remember a time I bet a line this big let alone on a road team. I think the only time I bet a line like this was ncaa tournament 1st round game in a #1 vs #16 matchup. That being said I see no reason why Iowa can't cover, they may have this lead at the break as again this play is purely because Rutgers has been ravaged by injury leaving them with almost nothing offensively or defensively. Of course there is a chance Iowa plays sloppy or plays half ass but I doubt it. They have a real chance to win the big 10 title now and they are well coached. They are explosive on offense and are also good on defense so I see them winning this game by 30 or so. I also see why no one else would want to lay this many points, it took me awhile to talk myself into it but I couldn't find a reason not too. Rutgers is getting hammered by everyone. Only way they cover this is for Iowa to simply not show up and go through the motions but again just don't see it happening, Iowa is playing at a high level and they are very efficient in all phases of the game right now.

I do also like Ark but have to stay away because you just never know with Kentucky, sure they have been aweful on the road but if they show up with their A game they have the talent to beat anyone

bambambegelow
    bambambegelow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

But this is a different situation. Iowa starters out match rutgers starters in every aspect. in terms of size the tallest player in rutgers is 6-9 and he will be no match for the 7-1 iowa starter.

But what matters for big spreads is the bench and that is where the key thing lays in this game. Rutgers bench is crap with players that are 5-8, 5-11, 6-1. These guys barely score any points when they come in. Iowa bench beats rutgers bench in every aspect too and the size department is completely off with iowa having 6-9 6-8 6-4 players in bench.

Funny thing is that Iowa bench is better than current rutgers starters...some of rutgers starters are not 100%. Usually big spreads gets backdoored when the bench comes in and the losing team continues with starters. But here the iowa bench can run up on rutgers starters.

I can see iowa covering the game spread at half time and still being favored in the 2nd half line and they should cover the 2nd half spread too. Honestly, iowa could play the entire game with its bench players and still cover the spread becaus rutgers are depleted.

fooolforever
    fooolforever's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

You have convinced me. It just seems huge spreads on the road seem to work out. Just like going over any total in the 150's and under any total below 125. Sort of a macro approach.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by bambambegelow View Post
    But this is a different situation. Iowa starters out match rutgers starters in every aspect. in terms of size the tallest player in rutgers is 6-9 and he will be no match for the 7-1 iowa starter.

But what matters for big spreads is the bench and that is where the key thing lays in this game. Rutgers bench is crap with players that are 5-8, 5-11, 6-1. These guys barely score any points when they come in. Iowa bench beats rutgers bench in every aspect too and the size department is completely off with iowa having 6-9 6-8 6-4 players in bench.

Funny thing is that Iowa bench is better than current rutgers starters...some of rutgers starters are not 100%. Usually big spreads gets backdoored when the bench comes in and the losing team continues with starters. But here the iowa bench can run up on rutgers starters.

I can see iowa covering the game spread at half time and still being favored in the 2nd half line and they should cover the 2nd half spread too. Honestly, iowa could play the entire game with its bench players and still cover the spread becaus rutgers are depleted.
    i dont disagree, there no way in the world i would play rutgers. most situations where the spread is 20+ are basically the same imo and plenty of them cash, ive just never had much success when i attempt to play them. wrong spot or whatever the reason it just out of my comfort zone and the results over the years have pointed to such for me. doesnt make laying the chalk wrong by any stretch, if i had to choose one or the other i would play iowa but the idea of laying that many gives me a ulcer just thinking about it. by all rights they should name their score and i hope they name one that covers the number for you guys!

bambambegelow
    bambambegelow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

i dont disagree, there no way in the world i would play rutgers. most situations where the spread is 20+ are basically the same imo and plenty of them cash, ive just never had much success when i attempt to play them. wrong spot or whatever the reason it just out of my comfort zone and the results over the years have pointed to such for me. doesnt make laying the chalk wrong by any stretch, if i had to choose one or the other i would play iowa but the idea of laying that many gives me a ulcer just thinking about it. by all rights they should name their score and i hope they name one that covers the number for you guys!
    plenty of them lose too. IN the long run its 50%. you just have to pick the spots.

iowa is a very good situation. this is a type of game where wannabe be sharps who think betting dogs is the way to be a sharp get murdered. also others who play trends blindly such as yea iowa won some big games and has purdue on the deck so they are going to look ahead or play bench mostly. but in this match up it doesnt matter, iowa could rest the starters entire game and they can still run up on rutgers. iowa is a deep and experienced team.

unless someone has info that iowa players were partying with booze and strippers past 2am last night, i am not going to back out of my iowa bet.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by bambambegelow View Post
    plenty of them lose too. IN the long run its 50%. you just have to pick the spots.

iowa is a very good situation. this is a type of game where wannabe be sharps who think betting dogs is the way to be a sharp get murdered. also others who play trends blindly such as yea iowa won some big games and has purdue on the deck so they are going to look ahead or play bench mostly. but in this match up it doesnt matter, iowa could rest the starters entire game and they can still run up on rutgers. iowa is a deep and experienced team.

unless someone has info that iowa players were partying with booze and strippers past 2am last night, i am not going to back out of my iowa bet.
    im not telling anyone to back out or anything of the sort. im glad you know when to lay those kind of points, i do just fine without ever doing it, nothing more nothing less. i make so many freaking plays a year it nice to be able to instantly weed out certain spreads, situations, ect that i know are not my strength anyway so i dont have to cap and this big a fav where i wouldnt touch the dog is one of those type plays for me. for last time im not saying it wrong for anyone to lay those type spreads and im sure plenty of guys have success doing so, im just not one of them..

terrortwylight
    Get Action

Thank you guys so much for the insight!

And 2daBank where the hell have you been mang?

UNMLOBOFAN51
    UNMLOBOFAN51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2549

Looking at the card tonight I would have to say that my favorite game to play is not part of the college basketball card. It looks like others are betting it the other way which is awesome as I am getting more points every time it is pounded but I love the Spurs under tonight. The Suns are horrid now with injuries depleting there team. The spurs play great D and the suns will not be able to keep up this should get ugly fast which means for lots of back ups playing through out the game and no late fouling to hurt the under. Right now you can get it at 201.5 I would say hope all over that as I don't see it getting past 190

terrortwylight
    Get Action

Quote Originally Posted by UNMLOBOFAN51 View Post
    Looking at the card tonight I would have to say that my favorite game to play is not part of the college basketball card. It looks like others are betting it the other way which is awesome as I am getting more points every time it is pounded but I love the Spurs under tonight. The Suns are horrid now with injuries depleting there team. The spurs play great D and the suns will not be able to keep up this should get ugly fast which means for lots of back ups playing through out the game and no late fouling to hurt the under. Right now you can get it at 201.5 I would say hope all over that as I don't see it getting past 190
    Yeah, unfortunately I know absolutely nothing about the NBA. I bet on it sometimes but usually I'm just throwing darts.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

My two big plays tonight are IPFW -1.5, and Tenn Tech +6

IPFW is the better team and this is only the second road conference game for NDSU, who upset SDSU last game so and that gives us line value, when in reality NDSU isn't that good.

Tenn Tech is 5-1 in conference and Morehead lost to an awful E. Illinois team last time out. I think Tech wins outright.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

I'm looking at Washington State +5.5
    Utah is a completely different team on the road than at home (85 gome to 65 ppg away - 20 pt differential ) and the Cougars are as well at home vs away 81 ppg home vs 69 ppg away ) .
    Utah lost 3 of last 4 road games, winning at Colorado by 2. So not that good away.
    Washington State is popping 16 pts a game more than Utah's road avg..81 to 66.
    State also beat UCLA at home , so they can get up being it's at home IMO.
    I honestly think they got a small shot to win tonight.
    That's some big differentials with both teams being home vs away .
    Cougars +5.5
    Best of luck to you

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpete57@ View Post
    My two big plays tonight are IPFW -1.5, and Tenn Tech +6

IPFW is the better team and this is only the second road conference game for NDSU, who upset SDSU last game so and that gives us line value, when in reality NDSU isn't that good.

Tenn Tech is 5-1 in conference and Morehead lost to an awful E. Illinois team last time out. I think Tech wins outright.
    did some reseach i really like those plays and possible NEastern

GmenYanksNJ
    GmenYanksNJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 413

Iowa -22 purdue -11.5 parlay

terrortwylight
    Get Action

Thank you everybody for your input! Stop by my thread anytime

unde0087
    Did we win?

Good to see Iowa playing like a pile of shit. Fuk me

BIGBOY88
    BIGBOY88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

Bent over and got plugges

terrortwylight
    Get Action

I ended up hitting on Tx Arlington -13.

How did everyone else do??

No judgments here. I think it'd be awesome if we created an email group with you guys (I would coordinate it). Just as sort of a think tank that we can bounce plays back and forth off of each other during our busy workdays when we get a few secs to check our smartphones while rocking a deuce/checking our work PCs.

If anyone's interested, shoot me a PM and I will organize it.

Again, thanks for everybody's responses. This is the kind of shit that makes SBR great. None of the High School-esque trolling shit. Just real talk from real people who are serious about handicapping and trying to make extra money to live the American Dream.

Team work makes the dream work!

But, I digress. If you're serious, PM me and I'll set up the email group.

unde0087
    Did we win?

OSU wet the bed down the stretch to push for me so my winning night ended up take a loss on the juice as I split. 2016 has been a real fukin treat so far but nothing that the whiskey didn't fix. I think I have taken more bad beats at the end of games and OT in the first 20 days of this new year than all of 2015. holy shit

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

hope today went well terror! this Saturday there are some HUGE value plays.

terrortwylight
    Get Action

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    OSU wet the bed down the stretch to push for me so my winning night ended up take a loss on the juice as I split. 2016 has been a real fukin treat so far but nothing that the whiskey didn't fix. I think I have taken more bad beats at the end of games and OT in the first 20 days of this new year than all of 2015. holy shit
    That's what I'm saying man.. We could use your insight. Sometimes it's hard to pick all of the infogems like yours out of the other 90% of the posts where guys are just swinging their dicks around and talking about how many PSI they're betting AGAINST THE PUBLIC on the ESPN game of the night