Hammew
    Hammew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

UConn coach Calhoun taking medical leave

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) -Connecticut men's basketball coach Jim Calhoun is taking a leave of absence to deal with undisclosed medical issues.
    The school did not give additional details. But a statement from Calhoun's doctor says it was recommended he take the leave ``to address some temporary medical issues.''
    The doctor said the issues do not involve any of Calhoun's previous medical conditions. The 67-year-old Hall of Fame coach is a three-time cancer survivor.
    Calhoun has won two national championships with the Huskies. UConn athletic director Jeff Hathaway says associate head coach George Blaney will run the team in Calhoun's absence.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Stinks. I'm a UConn grad and am very appreciative of what Calhoun did with this program. I hope its not too serious and he recovers from this.

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

All jokes aside. I would to the way the huskies have been playing this year..It's heart breaking..

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

ya uconns makin me sick too.

anyways- hes a pretty good coach and he seems to know how to use the talents of his individual players.