Wabashwonders
    Wabashwonders's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    They had to draw a few times I heard for the split divisions in arky derby for owners / trainers to be split

but read an interesting article that suggestions they just want charlton to run or wouldn’t of split

his division is much weaker than the other
    Division 2 has 7 horses that ran in stakes races last time out and finished in the money. Division 1 has zero horses that can claim that feat. Charlatan should be an easy winner and single. Division 2 should be a great race.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Totally agree

basin and Anneau d’or , only slight comp

the Oaklawn handicapp is loaded and goes after that race

gonna be a fun day

can’t wait to your thoughts and others

Wabashwonders

As for race 10 Friday, looking outside the 6,7, I also like the 10 Unique Factor. Has tactical speed to get in good position from outside post. If he runs back to that race 2 back he is right in the mix here. Another I like is #4 Full of Grace, an improving 4 year old making 3rd start of form cycle and coming off a win last out. Has the speed to get the lead and not look back.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

These are early week thoughts, Subject to change

Oaklawn Derby Day

That means Im making selections and writing on every race, no passing here.

Race 1

This will not be a vertical race for sure, Im simply looking horses I would bet / or use to win in multi race plays. As Im clearly against many top choices.

Look the 1-2-3 females are going to take the bulk of the money , but there is no stand outs here. I’m not interested in most of them … (Not saying they can’t win) but not for my money. #8 Lexington Grace (20/1) , after 32 lifetime races , this 5 year old mare tries the sand for the time. John Ortiz put the blinkers on to get this focused on racing while trying the surface switch, while shortening up. While the breeding is clearing for the green stuff, I find this one interesting at price. #7 First Alternate (6/1) , is dirtied up due to off tracks. If you can concede that then you find a 5 year old mare, that fits quite nicely here at a middle price. Just missed by a nose last time, to the #2 Full of Grace (4/1) , but hasn’t crossed the finish line first in quite some time. I’d take this one at much better price, then some rivals. I see some decent races vs much better, like the 4th place finish vs WhoaNellie, and the 3rd place finish vs AweEmma. #6 Lady C (20/1) , Is a consistent short, if you can agree , this 4 year old filly did not take to the synthetic track at Arlington Park , Took the sand and found a new barn in the red hot Amoss. Since won at first asking, then was moved way up the charts, stretching out vs a horse a few that I have some interest in, this week, (including Sara Sea) The numbers are low, but shortening up, dropping in class, I see an something on the rise. #9 A.P. Princess (10/1) , I see, Bye Bye J, (was a single of mine last week that shoulda won, but I also see Unique Factor and Wholehearted in the last 2, both runnings line suggest “ mild interest” , but one of the meet’s top riders does return.

Im looking for a price to start my early pick 4, and their are others, like Doug O’Neil’s #12 She’s a Dime (15/1) , that just got beauty ride last out vs weaker. but

Im rocking with the 6-7-8-9

Race 2

I find it interesting that Jeremiah has #10 Bonus Baby (6/1) , this 3 year old filly shipped and stabled in Hot Springs since before Valentine’s Day , and has been working steadily. Young Englehart was one of the biggest surprises on last years Saratoga circuit with first out winners (along with CC) and know I see this placement, and a top meet rider enticed. Win bet here, and we’ll get better than 6/1… But as far as the Early pick 4 is concerned, we need back up, #1 She’s the Boss (5/1) , Ships in from Cali, and underrated connections, bring a live filly into this event. The best bred animal in this race may be the #8 Take Charge Glenda (5/1) , But Dallas Stewart is widely known as a patient trainer, I will reluctantly include the #6 Scolding (7/2), and the #3 Brittle and Yoo (4/1) , as these top flight connections employ their go to riders and this Asmussen filly is working better figures than this barn normally shows (especially notice the Bullet Gate work 2 days before lovers day, keep in mind the other horses he may be working @ Hou.

I really like our chances of scoring prices in these first two races, as I turn the page, lets hope to find a single in this early sequence.

Race 3

The amount of Hamazing Destiny Horses I’ve seen handicapping Oaklawn this week, is uncanny.

I think this is extremely weak field , and these horses look better on paper, than they really are, due to running against one another. Just look at how the #12 My Golden Diablo (9/2) , is trying winners for first time after finishing ahead of #4 Tempt Fate (4/1) , 3 back , who then finished 3rd behind the #2 Captain Don (7/2) , in a 100k race vs the same. How can I distinguish these? I mean this is not a a deserving field, the contenders just take turns.

I guess the one with the biggest upside is , #12 My Golden Diablo (9/2) , has been improving with every start, and although trying winners for first time, and faced and beaten the #4 Tempt fate , and while talamo rides the latter, Mr. Stall has the Javy connection from NY, and I assume he made the choice and not Joe. But going 3/4’s a mile from this PP with that style isn’t ideal.Lets also remember than was a Original reclaim from Al. The works are solid, gets in fresh. #3 Bebop Shoes (6/1) , this is Jon Court’s return to his home track off the collapsed lung absence.

I’ll rock the #12 , sentiment and maybe use the 3

Race 4

#9 Uncle Addouma (4/1) , Reminds me somewhat of CeCe, Michael McCarthy is making a name for himself , he’s a guy like Jonny Thomas that learned under Mr Pletcher, and I’ve been ultra impressed. Zero Chance public money will be on this one horse, for the hometown odds maker to put this one @ $10 a ticket, is surprising to me. This is another win bet for me. #11 Bank (3/1) , is a clear must use in mutl’s , look ran 3rd on debut to South Bend and Answer in, found a new barn and just missed Edgemont road off the 6 month layoff, …

Im comfortable with these 2 here

Man that almost 3 hours on the first 4 races of 14

——
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 04-29-20 at 09:49 PM.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

3 fukkin hours, lol doesn't look like much, that's how much fun this card is gonna be

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9760

Just some early thoughts I jotted down for Arky Oaks Day (at least that's what im calling it)

Friday May 1

Oaklawn Late pick 5 sequence

Race 6

Just an outstanding Mdn 60K field, either you pass on the pick 5 or go cheap. PP 10 Onaway , finished 4th on debut, behind Pnematic, Skol Factor, & Liams Pride, the number came back big, Cox brings in a strong work tab, and Javier rides , coming back from Corona. 1 Fast Cash (6/1) , Ran behind Liams Pride and Violent Pass (who just scored at big number here last week) Should take another step forward.6 Silardi (10/1) , City Zip colt has been working great for this debut, dangerous connections. 7 Mundacious (12/1) , wouldn’t shock me, Jeremiah putting Kendrick aboard this New York shipper, tells they are going to the front. 9 Super Constitution (8/1) & 12 Inis Gluaire (3/1), another pair of promising firsters. I can make cases for more in here as well. #14 J Z My Man (8/1) , Could be dangerous if drawn in.

Race 7

K J’s Nobility should take this , Man in the Can is interesting on the outside.

Race 8

Field has plenty of speed for going to this long, #3 Gingham (3/1) , is a stalking runner with tactical speed, shows Bast, Venetian Harbor, Donna Veloce, in the running lines. #5 Daphne Moon (4/1) , Also has plenty of NY back class, and just won going this distance, in a similar spot. (Note that Cohen , goes elsewhere). #7 Strong Flag (9/2) , Finished a length behind the #2 Piece of my heart in the last (who got first run), Should like the added distance. #8 Comical seems like has lost a step this year, and does her best work on the front end, too much pace to wire this distance. #10 Anoinette (8/1) , Finished 3rd in the grade 2 fairgrounds oaks , but was under a snug hold, which I’m guessing was due to being keyed up off the bench. Could get a nice stalking trip here under Johnny V. #11 His Glory (8/1) Amoss is really starting to become a break out trainer, but he’s a one trick pony, and sends almost all his horses. Cohen rides here on a horse that dueled in the G2 Rachael Alexandra vs Finite, British Idiom & Swiss Skydiver. Just think its a huge ask to be sent from the 11 post, vs this projected pace, going this long.

Race 9

Im all about Venetian Harbor, not even sold this filly needs or even wants the lead, i just think was so much faster than her competition. Its a very deep field of fillies for sure, and she will not win if in a speed duel with some one these, and if that happens, Javier might be licking his chops on British Idiom.

But I could single here

Race 10

Its hard to ignore the #1 Miss Imperial (4/1) , filly lands in a new barn after 3 straight wins, which comes with a pilot downgrade. Diodoro has the #7 Wholehearted (5/2), in great form. There are 2 horses coming of long layoffs, that clearly fit. #6 Spend Spend Spend (7/2) , #8 La Chancla (4/1) , Several very interesting prices horses, near impossible race to handicapp.

Not sure I can play this sequence.
    looked at race 6 oaklawn friday, im with kid here he is right on with onaway looked green in his start broke last was behind, by the time he got running it was to late , but looked very good down the stretch...... he got beat by some good horses Pnematic, liams pride on 2/15 (who came back and won his next liams pride then Pnematic came right back with another allowance win as a heavy favorite solid win fast cash
    fast cash got by liams pride in his start, but afte4r watching the replays the comment on him says ..lacked resonse , what it doesnt show he got cut off on the rail took him out of the race, the other first time starters Inis Gluaire mostly wait , first leg of pick 5 see if they take some heavy money or look in the will pays, good way to get a idea on them start of pick 5 1 10 12
    great job on the right up kid, im with you here

Wabashwonders

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    looked at race 6 oaklawn friday, im with kid here he is right on with onaway looked green in his start broke last was behind, by the time he got running it was to late , but looked very good down the stretch...... he got beat by some good horses Pnematic, liams pride on 2/15 (who came back and won his next liams pride then Pnematic came right back with another allowance win as a heavy favorite solid win fast cash
    fast cash got by liams pride in his start, but afte4r watching the replays the comment on him says ..lacked resonse , what it doesnt show he got cut off on the rail took him out of the race, the other first time starters Inis Gluaire mostly wait , first leg of pick 5 see if they take some heavy money or look in the will pays, good way to get a idea on them start of pick 5 1 10 12
    great job on the right up kid, im with you here
    I watched that Fast Cash race last night and thought the same thing. He had an opening at rail turning for home but the 1 came in enough to break his momentum. Wouldn’t have won but probably been right with those 3 battling for 2nd. I think he is the main threat to Onaway of the ones that have run.

harthebar

friday oaklawn race 10
    going to take a try at capping it, again dont want to copy kids words the 1 is very hard to ignore 3 solid wins got claimed last out for 25c dont like the fact the trainer is 0-5
    sara sea i cant like just sat 3rd the entire race , top 3 had such a big lead, it was hard to go backwards , there were 5 horses gaining
    spend spend spend and la chanla both havent raced
    whole hearted watched his last 3 races, he is on top of the game,
    unique factor coming right back 2 april16 last race wasnt really good, but ran nice the two before ,going to ignore her last and make her my top pick
    my picks 10 7 1

kid im not good at writing this stuff up,

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5838

shit i didn notice they "all'd" the 4th race in pic 5 !!! penetrate! I had the "2" on a deep ticket.

Race 5 Pick 5 Willpays $0.50

Pool Total: $641,204

Horse With 3/3,5/6/1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
    1 125.10
    2 188.15
    3 106.75
    4 33.45
    5 482.30
    6 533.10
    7 88.50
    8 93.10

littlekona

Gulfstream Park - Race
    1 $ 0.5 Pick 5 (1, 3 / 1, 2, 3 / 6 / 2, 4, 5, 8, 9 / 3, 7, 8)

So I hit BUT BOL only paid me the 30- 4 of 5's. They didnt pay the 5 of 5 for 5 times I hit. This happened before when a race was taken off grass and made an "all" sucks since I had the 2 that race also but they owe the $93.10 @ 5 times for $465.5

Last edited by littlekona; 04-30-20 at 03:00 PM.

harthebar

Bet type: Pick 4
    Bet Amount $0.50
    Bet Total: $20.00
    Selection(s)
    L16789
    L27
    L348
    L4136712

littlekona

Bet type: Pick 4
    Bet Amount $0.50
    Bet Total: $20.00
    Selection(s)
    L16789
    L27
    L348
    L4136712
    you hit I hit!!

I added a few though
    Ticket Time - 2020/04/30 04:42:40 PM
    Pick 4

Gulfstream Park, Apr 30, Race #8
    Race 8 1st [6, 7, 8, 9] - Race 9 1st [3, 7] - Race 10 1st [3, 4, 8] - Race 11 1st [1, 3, 6, 7, 12]

harthebar

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    you hit I hit!!

I added a few though
    Ticket Time - 2020/04/30 04:42:40 PM
    Pick 4

Gulfstream Park, Apr 30, Race #8
    Race 8 1st [6, 7, 8, 9] - Race 9 1st [3, 7] - Race 10 1st [3, 4, 8] - Race 11 1st [1, 3, 6, 7, 12]
    Gl. What happened in that pi k 4 or 5. You were posting about. They paid you 4 of 5.

littlekona

Gl. What happened in that pi k 4 or 5. You were posting about. They paid you 4 of 5.
    they paid me correct 30 of the 4 of 5's but nothing on the 5 of 5's they owe me $465.50 this happened before when a race was an all...they will fix I just had to file a claim via CS

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Hey it’s a win

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Let’s fill in horses, split the divisions , then scratch out several

and let’s put all the legit the speed in one and let charlton run and get points in the other

lol

astrobloke
    astrobloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1642

and let’s put all the legit the speed in one and let charlton run and get points in the other

lol
    louey keep up the good work bro.

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

lol
    What do you think Charleton goes off as? Definitely less than even money I’m thinking??

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

For sure less than even money

gonna play like 1/9 on singles

2/5-3/5 prob goes off

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by astrobloke View Post
    louey keep up the good work bro.

Wabashwonders

Friday Oaklawn race 9 The Fantasy...#2 Venetian Harbor the obvious one to beat here and if she gets an easy lead she will be tough to catch. If she does get some pressure up front, the one I like to run her down is #5 Harvey’s Lil Goil. This daughter of American Pharoah, won 2 dirt races by open lengths, including a stakes race after trying turf in her debut at Aqueduct. The second place finisher in the stakes race, Water White, came back to win a stakes a month later at Aqueduct. Shows a steady workout pattern, including a bullet work 5 days ago, and should be ready for a big effort off the bench. Garcia picks up the mount for Bill Mott.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9548

12-1 ml on harvey's lil goil in the fantasy is nut's imo..it's just because she hasn't won a graded stakes which to mean means little (her last race was a listed stakes)..mott doesn't usually go for it in debut''s so first race is fine (and it was on the turf with a very wide trip besides)won by open lengths geared down 2 back and won by even further her last race on the front end of a fair pace..by american pharoah and that breeder harvey clarke(recently deceased)was a long time breeder of big time horses..they ain't naming a horse harvey's lil goil for nothing..payson parks works very sharp
    Last edited by JBEX; 04-30-20 at 09:54 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9548

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    12-1 ml on harvey's lil goil in the fantasy is nut's imo..it's just because she hasn't won a graded stakes which to mean means little (her last race was a listed stakes)..mott doesn't usually go for it in debut''s so first race is fine (and it was on the turf with a very wide trip besides)won by open lengths geared down 2 back and won by even further her last race on the front end of a fair pace..by american pharoah and that breeder harvey clarke(recently deceased)was a long time breeder of big time horses..they ain't naming a horse harvey's lil goil for nothing..payson parks works very sharp
    let me say I understand that's what the morning linemaker thinks she'll be and not necessarily his opinion but still too high

Jellymancan
    Jellymancan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12072

So tomorrow, noticed only a late p5 at OP, no early p5, didn't know if you guys saw that or knew.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Yeah oak only does pick 4 from race 1

race 5 no multi sequence

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Here's how I'd Invest $100 Today

Gulf r4
    $1 Pick 3
    1,5,6 ($27)

Gulf r4
    $10 WP #8 Pump Room 15/1 ($20)

Gulf r5
    $10 W #10 Bolt 12/1 ($10)

Gulf r6
    $10 W #5 Starship Nugget 8/1 ($10)

Gulf r7
    $10 W #5 Still Schemin 6/1 ($10)

Oaklawn R6
    $0.50 Cent Pick 5
    3,5,6,7,8,10 ($24)

Wabashwonders

Quote Originally Posted by Wabashwonders View Post
    As for race 10 Friday, looking outside the 6,7, I also like the 10 Unique Factor. Has tactical speed to get in good position from outside post. If he runs back to that race 2 back he is right in the mix here. Another I like is #4 Full of Grace, an improving 4 year old making 3rd start of form cycle and coming off a win last out. Has the speed to get the lead and not look back.
    The 4 Full of Grace scratched, which gets the 13 Stirred into the race. Hadn’t looked too close at this one til now, but she looks interesting. Her last 2 races were over the polytrack at a mile and she ran a close up 3rd in both. Now goes back to sprinting on dirt where she has been successful in the past. Her best puts her right in the mix and might get overlooked getting in off AE. Will probably use 6,7,8,10,13 on my tickets.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Thanks Washer, the scratches in the race make it easier, But I still went 6 deep on a cheap ticket

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Hey Kid I see you’re on Bolt R5 Gulf.. Watched couple replays and weakens down the stretch looks like.. Does that worry you since going from 5f to 6F? Even his win he barley held on.. Thanks for the input always appreciated

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Yeah I like the surface switch , clearly looking to wire the field at a price

probably wins or tires and and finishes off the board

but the last time they went turf to dirt wins here

Alvarado has been on fire lately doing that

just see race 3 today

Too much value to pass up

it’s not loaded with speed

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Nice! Appreciate the thoughts

harthebar