2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

11/23 discussion and plays..

whats up everyone, im just starting to get my feet wet for the season as i been busy and didnt have the time i usually do to prep for the college hoops season..

i see lots of the good guys ive talked with over the years still around which cool, i just didnt wanna clog up sonny/buck/and ayo thread with my chatter..

if ya know me you already know the drill, if not welcome. my threads far more bout discussion than anything else, not a lot of ego or any of that bs. i just love this sport and it helps me to put my thoughts in writing, if that helps others along the way awesome!

feel free to post thoughts, questions, comments on games ive posted or any others you looking at, playing, ect as it really helps me focus when i look into specific games to respond.

ill start the party with the only game ive played thus far (keep in mind it early for me and im behind so my unit will be fairly small this week until i feel more comfortable, i basically flat bet this sport only occasionally wondering up to 2 or 3x plays)..

pepperdine-2.. Duq has been at home lighting teams up from the perimeter thus far on the season, bad teams at that. with that their numbers look pretty but fact is they turnover prone and 3 point dependent, 2 things i do not like once a team travels away from the friendly confines of their home gym.

on the other hand the waves been traveling and playing legit competition. in 2 of their 3 games they have help opponents to a lower percentage from behind the arc than they avg on the season and at ucla the bruins basically shot their avg. i dont expect waves lack of size or depth to be a issue here as dukes dont play inside or draw many fouls. i like pepperdine to shine in a game you have to consider class relief as they been playing better teams than the dukes while Duq is stepping up in class for the 1st time playing a team ranked inside the kp top 100..

ill be firing away all day and all week for that matter. look forward to hearing where everyone looking on the card today.

GHSCREW
    Where did Kemba Go?
    GHSCREW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice to see you back 2dabank! Good luck this season

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

Much respect for you, a true SB long-timer. Followed many times in the past. Thanks for all of your input and insight. Let's get me.

Reck
    Reck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7631

Enjoyed your threads last year. Good to see you back

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Looking forward to these threads...

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I jumped on Murray state here in the early game.
    Think their pressure causes some issues.
    Also some heavy RLM against Mil.

Wesley
    Wesley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6293

Bol this season

I appreciate your insights

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Couple thoughts I wanna hear some talk on:
    I think DePaul is giving too many pts.
    I think North Dakota is giving too many pts.

2daBank

would love to hear everyone's thoughts on scary/tulsa. ive only made like 5-6 bets this year but have actually bet each of these teams already as im a big fan of both. scary opening round game and i took tulsa vs the shockers. now they playing each other and im a little torn. i lean scary as im a frank martin guy and think his team a little more rugged and they even been shooting better than tulsa in this tourney. im a bug fan of the harrison/woodard backcourt tho.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    would love to hear everyone's thoughts on scary/tulsa. ive only made like 5-6 bets this year but have actually bet each of these teams already as im a big fan of both. scary opening round game and i took tulsa vs the shockers. now they playing each other and im a little torn. i lean scary as im a frank martin guy and think his team a little more rugged and they even been shooting better than tulsa in this tourney. im a bug fan of the harrison/woodard backcourt tho.
    Tulsa has started very very slow the last two games.... Wondering if scar 1h is best play on that game

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

I also like Chattanooga tonight.
    Way too many pts

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Couple thoughts I wanna hear some talk on:
    I think DePaul is giving too many pts.
    I think North Dakota is giving too many pts.
    anytime depaul laying points im inclined to think it too many but that mostly because of previous years where their defense was atrocious. problem for me is their defensive efficiency much better than spartans and they have played the tougher schedule. they are also considerably deeper and spread out a lot of minutes which i think could factor in favorably today.. i wouldnt lay the points but not sure i wanna get involved with this game my 1st day posting, lol..

ill look into ND in a second..

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

anytime depaul laying points im inclined to think it too many but that mostly because of previous years where their defense was atrocious. problem for me is their defensive efficiency much better than spartans and they have played the tougher schedule. they are also considerably deeper and spread out a lot of minutes which i think could factor in favorably today.. i wouldnt lay the points but not sure i wanna get involved with this game my 1st day posting, lol..

ill look into ND in a second..
    True.... I think I wanna see more from depaul. They have a solid roster and brought back alot of talent this year.
    Passing on a game between 1-3/ teams never a bad idea with a big card.

Let me know what u think on ND. That's alot of pts for them to give anyone. But another case of 2 bad teams.

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

I am going to abandon my thread already and just make a living in here lol. Far less maintenance. Mind you, I just created my thread today. 17 mins til noon tipoff!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Depaul has no heart, same old same old...

Not saying they won't win/cover, but not for my money at this point...

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Welcome back Banker

A couple spreads I'm looking into:

UNLV +3.5
    Central Mich -3
    Iowa St -16
    LSU-6.5
    IU-12.5
    UT Arlington +13

Any thought welcome on these games as I continue to research...

2daBank

i also played under 141 for gm and 66 1st half (off LK recommendation) in johnies/vandy but it has sense went down from there. still think 1st half under worth a play at 64.5, these early starts to the hawaii tourneys tend to have some poor shooting which generally a st johns staple anyways. lol.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by TheeArchBishop View Post
    I am going to abandon my thread already and just make a living in here lol. Far less maintenance. Mind you, I just created my thread today. 17 mins til noon tipoff!
    lol. you know you more than welcome. just use your thread for your own tracking purpose (i use pen and paper still, im old school, lol) and come here to talk it up

2daBank

Tulsa has started very very slow the last two games.... Wondering if scar 1h is best play on that game
    i like the idea of that. those back court assassins on tulsa def the kind of kids i could see rising to the moment and hitting more shots in the second half of games..they been better in every second half thus far on the season.

2daBank

True.... I think I wanna see more from depaul. They have a solid roster and brought back alot of talent this year.
    Passing on a game between 1-3/ teams never a bad idea with a big card.

Let me know what u think on ND. That's alot of pts for them to give anyone. But another case of 2 bad teams.
    im not one to shy away from shit teams games but it easier for me little further into the season as i have very little to go off for way i cap at this point. id say that line is almost strange cause looks way closer to a coin flip than a game ND has a 2 to 1 chance of winning?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

i like the idea of that. those back court assassins on tulsa def the kind of kids i could see rising to the moment and hitting more shots in the second half of games..they been better in every second half thus far on the season.
    Yessir. I've hit on their last 2 2nd halves. Looks like scarolina been good in 1st halves this far this year too.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I've been on tulsa and Tennesse (off topic) as 2nd half money machines well a lil early for machine but you know what i mean.

Im high on SC this year, and I think they match up well here... Also liking SC 1h, but haven't played anything yet.

Hofstra has faught so hard in these first games and they only play 5/7 guys, as they only dress 9. We hit them against FSU and had SC last night as its a bad matchup for them. Indy st is another defensive oriented team and now that hofstra is getting books attention, I think 6.5 is too much.

Just a lean up to this point however...

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I've been on tulsa and Tennesse (off topic) as 2nd half money machines well a lil early for machine but you know what i mean.

Im high on SC this year, and I think they match up well here... Also liking SC 1h, but haven't played anything yet.

Hofstra has faught so hard in these first games and they only play 5/7 guys, as they only dress 9. We hit them against FSU and had SC last night as its a bad matchup for them. Indy st is another defensive oriented team and now that hofstra is getting books attention, I think 6.5 is too much.

Just a lean up to this point however...
    I didn't even realize hofstra was favorited.... That is a tough one for them. They gotta be GASSED...

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Welcome back Banker

A couple spreads I'm looking into:

UNLV +3.5
    Central Mich -3
    Iowa St -16
    LSU-6.5
    IU-12.5
    UT Arlington +13

Any thought welcome on these games as I continue to research...
    wish i would have gotten around to this day earlier and grabbed lsu -4.. much harder for me to lay 6.5 with a young team that hasnt been tested at all as of yet.

i have to really look at hoosiers, wake was a team i thought was on the rise toward the end of last season.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

wake plays them tough today imo, but I just split a 1x play 1h and game, incase iu blows the doors off...

2daBank

Dom you will prob have to talk me off wake actually. im always skeptical of crean's hoosiers away from home, i think they will get beat on the glass, and even though spiders torched them from behind the arc i still prefer teams that go inside in these tourneys. anything more than 10 seems too much to me, ill wait on wake cause seems hoosiers taking some money early on and ill take all the points i can get but im really inclined to be on demon deacons..

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I think NJIT can hang w/ provo tonight, but ill prob pass...

I think Iowa St runs chatt outta the gym tonight,

2daBank

wake plays them tough today imo, but I just split a 1x play 1h and game, incase iu blows the doors off...
    i agree. i think anything more than 10 several too many..

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

I think I'm rolling with NJIT. I had the line around 8

2daBank

im such a fan of Dunn's and id think bentil and bullock hammer them on the offensive glass.provo's last game was one of my handful of bets thus far so im biased. lol..

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

im right there w/ you man, I had over in last one for easy cash...

2daBank

not to get all sappy and shit but i missed the hell out of this and love talking hoops with ya'll this time of year!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

2daBank

still little rusty and never been a line reader expert guy so no clue if i should wait longer for wake but playing now as im comfortable where the number sits..

wake+12.5 -102

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

What do u think about arligton?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

not to get all sappy and shit but i missed the hell out of this and love talking hoops with ya'll this time of year!
    aww, wanna get a room? hehe, I miss it too, great time of the year.

1234 ... Last