gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

NCAAB Futures

Glad the season is back...I'll be tracking picks here because I seem to do better and put more thought into it when I do. I have done so intermittently over the last 3 years or so but have fizzled out due to life getting busy. Hope to finish a full season this year.

Good luck to all who do the same. Let's win some $$. Big slate of games to start us off Friday.

Some Future picks to win it all (.25 units each) are below. I love to dabble a little bit here at the beginning of the season. More for fun than anything and I like following a team throughout the year and come tourney time. UNC should be strong this year and just has a ton of names with experience. Out of all the blue bloods, I feel the best about them. Hopefully Roy can emphasize the important of defense and they can come together. Additionally, love Turgeon coached teams, they always play tough D, and they have legitimate scoring threats in Trimble, Layman, freshman Stone, etc...seems to be coming together for Mark after a few years.

Two big value picks in OU and A&M. OU at 3750 seems too high. They will never struggle to score, and have great guard play and that's huge in March. Hield, Cousins, Woodard, big-banger in Spangler - good make up of a team. They should be in the top 10-15 all year.

A&M is a sleeper. They return core experienced players in Caruso, Danuel House, Jalen Jones, and a good freshman class comes in. This team showed flashes last year and could make a run with their experience. The only thing holding me back is these guys have not played in an NCAA game, but it still seems like good value for a paltry 1/4 unit.

UNC +950
    Maryland +1200
    Oklahoma +3750
    Texas A&M +11500

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Take a look at Florida State if you want good value. I got mine over the summer at 100/1 but they're floating near 66/1 currently. Xavier Ranthan-Mayes has a year under his belt now - the same kid who scored 30 in the last 10 minutes of a game last season. They got A couple big time recruited freshmen this year too.

Of the blue bloods I like Kansas. They're simply the most talented team right now.

gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

I was looking at them....very good points. I'll have to consider the Noles.

Kansas looks good - you're absolutely right. No denying that they'll be formidable (as always). I was considering a small chunk on Iowa State as well. They may be pissed off all year after getting bounced early and be all-business in March. New coach scares me a bit though (even if system is similar)...