smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Murray St will be extremely lucky to get out of the 1st Rd of the NIT. Team has done absolutely nothing to deserve a bid in the dance. OP must be alumni because this is flat silly.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Why have them in the top 25? Why even have ratings & polls?
    More for entertainment value than anything else, polls mean nothing once Selection Sunday rolls around. That was proven with SMU last year.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    So you don't think the eye test should be used for a team who won 25 games in a row just because they don't play in a premier conference. But let's keep referencing games that happened in November as our concrete detail. Name 36 better at large teams than Murray State. You can't.
    I know you were being ironic, but that is literally correct. "eye test" should have no place in selecting teams, yet I hear that expression tossed around all the time. And yes November games are valid when they are the ONLY games scheduled vs. better teams. It would be different if there was an additional good non-conference game where Murray won more recently, as that would help offset early losses. But obviously there isn't one.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

We are not statiticians or actually making the decisions so we can give our opinions on the eye test....I just think personally I would rather face a .500 or slightly below middling Big Ten or PAC 12 team in the first round rather than this high octane Murray State team

Just think they make for a better and more interesting first round game than some one and done power conference run of the mill team..maybe they don't deserve it based on schedule but just my opinion they are more dangerous than a few at large teams that will make it

Ohio State football didn't deserve the 4th spot based on unbiased schedule comparison alone and they were put into the field and look what happened....not saying Murray St would even come close to winning it all, just saying NCAA doesn't always go 100% by the stats
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 03-08-15 at 02:32 PM.

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you had a C-USA, in football, go 11-0 with no great non conference wins and lose in the championship game, would you say they deserve a top bowl? Of course not. This is the same, except 65 teams get in. There is nothing about them, outside the record, that says tournament team. They have bad losses, no good wins, and in a conference you would never say put two in. Look at the valpo or xavier game, watch them beginning to end, and tell me they are better then other bubble teams, like byu. They aren't.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I said Murray St had no chance when this came out, but with all the ineptitude from bubble teams this week, they just may sneak in the tournament. Teams are playing there way out, it would be worth it to see the ESPN heads explode Sunday night.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I said Murray St had no chance when this came out, but with all the ineptitude from bubble teams this week, they just may sneak in the tournament. Teams are playing there way out, it would be worth it to see the ESPN heads explode Sunday night.
    Among non-majors, I think Green Bay has a better chance than Murray of getting an at-large, although I do still think both are out

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

With all the bubble teams losing today Murray State's chances should go up. However the committee usually goes with a power conference team so we will see....

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

the committee must be trippin if they dont put them in da dance bruh

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Among non-majors, I think Green Bay has a better chance than Murray of getting an at-large, although I do still think both are out
    I disagree LT. 4 Horizon League losses makes the win at Miami mean basically nothing.

I would love to see Murray St get in, and the bubble teams are making it a possibility, as Ole Miss, Oklahoma St, Texas, Miami (FL), Texas A&M, Illinois, etc are all crumbling with opportunities to lock up a bid.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    I disagree LT. 4 Horizon League losses makes the win at Miami mean basically nothing.

I would love to see Murray St get in, and the bubble teams are making it a possibility, as Ole Miss, Oklahoma St, Texas, Miami (FL), Texas A&M, Illinois, etc are all crumbling with opportunities to lock up a bid.
    Win at Miami is still better than any win Murray has and Horizon is stronger than OVC

LT Profits

As of this second before the start of Friday's games:

My Last 4 In
    Oklahoma State
    Purdue
    Texas
    UCLA

Other teams I have well ahead of Murray:
    Ole Miss
    Indiana
    Miami
    Richmond

Okie State and Texas get the benefit of facing brutal schedules IMO

LT Profits

So Richmond is actually my highest ranked non-major bubble team

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

the only reason i think murray has a chance is that sometimes the committee will reward mid majors, especially when the bubble teams look really weak like this season, their numbers would say they should be out

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    So Richmond is actually my highest ranked non-major bubble team
    i think richmond will get in if they can beat vcu for the third time today, no other bubble team can claim anything like that, texas shouldnt be rewarded for losing to good teams over and over

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    i think richmond will get in if they can beat vcu for the third time today, no other bubble team can claim anything like that, texas shouldnt be rewarded for losing to good teams over and over
    But Texas's last win over Baylor was huge and Longhorns are actually ranked 19th in the country on Pomeroy.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Murray State now way out of the rankings, btw. The top 25 was before they lost to Belmont.

Latest AP Poll, they didn't get a single vote.

• Others receiving votes: Oregon 69, Providence 63, Ohio State 40, BYU 18, Michigan St 15, LSU 8, Iowa 7, St. John's 6, San Diego St 3, Stephen F. Austin 2, Valparaiso 1, Dayton 1, North Florida 1, Purdue 1
    So even if you think the AP poll means anything, Murray State's only argument would be that they were once ranked 25th.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    We are not statiticians or actually making the decisions so we can give our opinions on the eye test....I just think personally I would rather face a .500 or slightly below middling Big Ten or PAC 12 team in the first round rather than this high octane Murray State team

Just think they make for a better and more interesting first round game than some one and done power conference run of the mill team..maybe they don't deserve it based on schedule but just my opinion they are more dangerous than a few at large teams that will make it

Ohio State football didn't deserve the 4th spot based on unbiased schedule comparison alone and they were put into the field and look what happened....not saying Murray St would even come close to winning it all, just saying NCAA doesn't always go 100% by the stats
    Just because you prefer Murray States style of play, doesn't mean they belong in the tourney.

Lincoln Scofield
    Lincoln Scofield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Yeah Murray ain't getting in they're garbage.

First 123