BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

This hype is ridiculous. They won't go undefeated.

They've struggled with several teams this year and play in a mediocre Conference.

They're good sure. They're deserving of #1 of course but come on. Everyday it's about Kentucky's journey to history.

They will struggle to score against someone in the tourney and lose. Mark it down.

It's not like they're blowing every body out and looking dominant.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Lol... because they "struggled" at a very talented LSU hoops team?

Go play in traffic.
    you lose your bet?

Yons18
    Yons18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Quality thread

TheHumanTripod
    TheHumanTripod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Agreed. They're good but tired of all the hype. Can't wait for them to lose.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I dont even think Kentucky is as good this year as they were in 2012 when they won it all. I think the 2012 team had better top end players. This current UK squad has a quantity of good players, but I dont see any great ones (certainly not at the NBA level). I'd be shocked if Kentucky finishes the entire season undefeated. They dont flatten teams like they should. They grind it out, throw slop up at the basket, and rely on athleticism. Its the ugliest undefeated squad i have ever seen. UNLV would have run these boys out of the gym. So would the 1996 Kentucky team.

chinoloco212
    chinoloco212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

They're pretty good..even though I bet LSU today, you can tell how good Kentucky is...LSU basically played their hearts out, gave everything they had and still lost, Kentucky is balanced all around, everybody on the floor is a scoring option and they play great team defense

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by chinoloco212 View Post
    They're pretty good..even though I bet LSU today, you can tell how good Kentucky is...LSU basically played their hearts out, gave everything they had and still lost, Kentucky is balanced all around, everybody on the floor is a scoring option and they play great team defense
    their defense is unreal good. until some rule changes are made (like lowering the shot clock to a reasonable amount of time, ya know like not longer than the ladies!) it just a fact of life you not gonna see teams like these guys are wanting to see cause over the last 10 years or so it been proven you cant really be some run and gun up and down the floor team and win, you play like that chances are you catch some team in the tourney who has perfected limiting possessions and put you in a position you not ready to deal with.. so now even the super talented teams are playing slow tempos despite the more possessions there are the more likely their talent wins, doesnt matter cause of how skilled some teams have become grinding out gms you have to be able to play like that or you run a way higher probability of getting clipped..far as this lsu gm, lsu is a pg away from being a serious threat and the nights they dont turn it over a ton or take numch of shit 3s they really tough and uk saw tigers A gm tonight.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    their defense is unreal good. until some rule changes are made (like lowering the shot clock to a reasonable amount of time, ya know like not longer than the ladies!) it just a fact of life you not gonna see teams like these guys are wanting to see cause over the last 10 years or so it been proven you cant really be some run and gun up and down the floor team and win, you play like that chances are you catch some team in the tourney who has perfected limiting possessions and put you in a position you not ready to deal with.. so now even the super talented teams are playing slow tempos despite the more possessions there are the more likely their talent wins, doesnt matter cause of how skilled some teams have become grinding out gms you have to be able to play like that or you run a way higher probability of getting clipped..far as this lsu gm, lsu is a pg away from being a serious threat and the nights they dont turn it over a ton or take numch of shit 3s they really tough and uk saw tigers A gm tonight.
    Sharp fukkin post man. I could not agree more.
    Points Awarded:

2daBank gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Lincoln Scofield
    Lincoln Scofield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

They've struggled with several teams this year and play in a mediocre Conference.

They're good sure. They're deserving of #1 of course but come on. Everyday it's about Kentucky's journey to history.

They will struggle to score against someone in the tourney and lose. Mark it down.

I was in the Maravich Center last night for the game. Trust me- they're that good. IDC that the score was only a 2 pt difference. They are dominant. No one has the horses they do to play them for 40 minutes.

PREMOSIX
    PREMOSIX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2483

Whens last game they covered ats..been awhile so imo yes they are overrated as hell..great teams cover at least 7/10 games not 3/10

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

They're very hyped up, but that's what you get in today's college basketball when their are very few good teams, and this Kentucky team is full of young McDonald All Americans. People get more riled up about a bunch of young 18 year olds than a team full of upper-classmen.

Kentucky will probably run the table in the regular season. They could lose in the SEC tourney if Cal decides to rest. I think Wildcats would be better off dropping a game so they don't have the pressure of going undefeated. Only reason why they will run the table in the regular season is because the SEC sucks. If Kentucky were in the Big 12/Big 10 they'd probably lose at least 3-4 games.

sevenlee36
    sevenlee36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9483

I think it's clear they are the most talented team. They should win it all. It's clear they get everyone's best shot, and while they are talented they are still young. As far as going undefeated I think they can be knocked off, it'll take the perfect scenario.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I dont think they are overhyped whatsoever.......they have the talent, they have the depth, they have the size, they are good in winning time. They've had a few testy moments, but teams can't score on them down the stretch. They deserve all the hype they are getting and will continue to get.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I re-read my response....and OK, maybe a little overhyped. But I do think they deserve the praise they have been receiving!

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Theyve been on the ropes many times already this season, so I agree they arent looking dominate at all.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    They're very hyped up, but that's what you get in today's college basketball when their are very few good teams, and this Kentucky team is full of young McDonald All Americans. People get more riled up about a bunch of young 18 year olds than a team full of upper-classmen.

Kentucky will probably run the table in the regular season. They could lose in the SEC tourney if Cal decides to rest. I think Wildcats would be better off dropping a game so they don't have the pressure of going undefeated. Only reason why they will run the table in the regular season is because the SEC sucks. If Kentucky were in the Big 12/Big 10 they'd probably lose at least 3-4 games.
    ku and tex really showed them, especially ku. im sure uk very scared of the big 12

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

I'm glad bank said something about these games early against the Big 12.

It's one of 2 things, the SEC is underrated and Big 12 overrated, or Kentucky may be getting into a bit of a late regular season malaise. It still bothers me that every game seems to be a struggle.

Spoiler
    Spoiler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

B12 is always over rated outside of Kansas. Every year in hoops.

KRIT

ku and tex really showed them, especially ku. im sure uk very scared of the big 12
    It's the road games where they'd lose. Just look, they barely escaped Florida and LSU, those teams would be near the bottom in either of those conferences. But upsets happen all the time in college, they'd drop at least a couple road games in either conference.

2daBank

It's the road games where they'd lose. Just look, they barely escaped Florida and LSU, those teams would be near the bottom in either of those conferences. But upsets happen all the time in college, they'd drop at least a couple road games in either conference.
    i was kinda just messing with you.. kinda but not completely, not sure why they would lose the same number of games as a ku squad you dont think is that good? i think they would prob have gotten clipped or would at some point in the big 12 but i doubt it would happen more than twice tops..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
    B12 is always over rated outside of Kansas. Every year in hoops.
    every time i hear they the best conf like it not even close i tend to roll my eyes a little.. more accurate thing to say is there prob fewer bad teams in big 12 than any other conf. 2 total scrubs and kst who borderline total scrub..

KRIT

i was kinda just messing with you.. kinda but not completely, not sure why they would lose the same number of games as a ku squad you dont think is that good? i think they would prob have gotten clipped or would at some point in the big 12 but i doubt it would happen more than twice tops..
    It's hard to predict. I mean look, UK got taken to OT by A&M and Ole Miss, neither are great teams. Could have lost to Gators and LSU. All 4 of those teams are bubble teams at best. Now put them in a tougher schedule where they are constantly playing tourney teams, anything can happen.

2daBank

It's hard to predict. I mean look, UK got taken to OT by A&M and Ole Miss, neither are great teams. Could have lost to Gators and LSU. All 4 of those teams are bubble teams at best. Now put them in a tougher schedule where they are constantly playing tourney teams, anything can happen.
    personally i think against better teams you would have seen same outcome..

Yons18
    Yons18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

One flaw in this logic. Look at how good some of their players are getting throughout the season. Stick them in an even tougher schedule, and they might end up a lot better than they currently are. Tougher competition makes you better, not worse.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Lol... because they "struggled" at a very talented LSU hoops team?

Go play in traffic.
    you lose your bet?
    I bet on LSU because Kentucky is overrated douche. Way to assume like a dumbass. I posted it in two threads before the game so get your facts straight.

They have struggled aginst more teams than LSU.

They're the best team in the country BC the sport is watered down but they are getting hyped up like an they're an all-time great team.

I don't even think this is the best Kentucky team in the last 10 years.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 02-11-15 at 06:09 PM.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

They are a team made up of mostly freshman and they are undefeated. Bring this same squad back next year and they will be beating teams by 20 every game.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    They are a team made up of mostly freshman and they are undefeated. Bring this same squad back next year and they will be beating teams by 20 every game.
    Then maybe next year we anoint their greatness.

If people disagree with me it's fine but to me they haven't won anything yet or gone undefeated so I'm not ready to buy in to all this hype.

Of course their good but they haven't proven how good especially with all the close calls.

KRIT

Oh this Kentucky would get whooped by any of those seasoned national champs from the past. I still don't think Kentucky wins it all this year. As good as UK is, they still struggle to score at times. Some team that can knock down shots will catch fire and knock them out.

2daBank

Then maybe next year we anoint their greatness.

If people disagree with me it's fine but to me they haven't won anything yet or gone undefeated so I'm not ready to buy in to all this hype.

Of course their good but they haven't proven how good especially with all the close calls.
    i feel like you watch or listen to far too much espn or something man,, i didnt know there even was all this hype you speak of. i watch enough to where i have heard them talk bout whether they run the table which is obviously gonna be talked bout. i honestly dont recall hearing them being compared to "all time greats" or anyone really.. is it really as much hype as you saying?

BigDofBA

i feel like you watch or listen to far too much espn or something man,, i didnt know there even was all this hype you speak of. i watch enough to where i have heard them talk bout whether they run the table which is obviously gonna be talked bout. i honestly dont recall hearing them being compared to "all time greats" or anyone really.. is it really as much hype as you saying?
    It seems like every game has a ticker updating Kentucky scores every two minutes and the ticker states Kentucky's undefeated record.

I realize they're good but I'm not even sure if they're as good as some recent Kentucky teams.

We'll see. Defensively they're great but I'm not sure they're as dominat or complete of a team everyone makes them out to be.

2daBank

It seems like every game has a ticker updating Kentucky scores every two minutes and the ticker states Kentucky's undefeated record.

I realize they're good but I'm not even sure if they're as good as some recent Kentucky teams.

We'll see. Defensively they're great but I'm not sure they're as dominat or complete of a team everyone makes them out to be.
    wasnt uva on the ticker in same breath until they got beat? i havnt heard any extreme hyperbole bout them really, i dont pay a ton of attention to stuff tho which is why i ask..

they def struggle on the offensive end at times when forced to score in half court sets, that really not any different than any of Louisville good teams..not sure how many teams thru the years have been harder to score on than this uk team tho.

if given a team and the choice to try and take one style or the other in this day and age you take the defensive team every time. plus it not like they cant score, they do have the 6th ranked offense as far as adjusted efficiency, granted offensive rebounds are a big reason they so high but who keeping them off the boards?

i dunno what we using as basis for overrated? pretty sure we all agree they ranked properly at #1. far as covering spreads that was to be expected just cause the redic numbers that were being posted early on, i got freaking 22 points with provo and the fukkers almost covered it, they annihilated ku and ucla early on, it was a given they were gonna be getting some juiced ass numbers in conf play, i dont even know what their ats record is off top of my head to know if they been overrated consistently by books? there certainly some gms ive seen they were high but at same time they have won at least half their conf gms by double digits..

when trying to compare them to past teams and say something like the one comment i read "great teams win these games by more", well those great teams of years past wernt playing in a environment like today where the lessor "crap" teams ya'll talking bout would kick the shit out of the lessor teams the "all time greats" were playing against night in and night out.. you can talk about the quality being down but i think that ignores that philosophies have changed a great deal, the numbers that say the slower tempo team tends to prevail in tourney gms, is it a stretch to say that the teams these "all timers" were playing would struggle mightily up against the style of play now? the reason there needs to be change is cause smart coaches have figured out the best way to manipulate the rules as they are. talent may be spread thinner and leaving school early but there more of it and it is being coached, prodded, micromanaged to the umpteenth degree that would baffle their predecessors..

BigDofBA

Can't argue with any of your post.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

the thing that bothers me about this team is that they looked way better at the beginning of the year then they have looked lately, you would think it would be the other way around with such a young team

Lincoln Scofield
    Lincoln Scofield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Stupid thread is stupid.

UKuk#2015
    Update your status
    UKuk#2015's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 247

they dont look as good as they did because they are playing teams that face them every season.

12 Last