2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

1/20 ncaa hoops

really not a great card from my point of view.. not many gms and honestly a lot of gms with tough lines. im guessing/hoping we have a monster card for wed considering how thin these last few have been...surely we can find one or 2 worth playing tho..

vols+6..ive been pretty adamant in my feelings bout scary all season, i just dont think they are a very good team. another team that built the majority of their resume playing a bunch of bottom feeders out of conf. sure they have a couple decent wins, 1 being at home against okie st in a early start gm, im not that high on okie lite and that was a very good spot to be catching them. the other a neutral site gm vs isu, impressive sure but it one gm and another against a team that is way more flawed than some think..

since conf play has began scary's defense has been allowing 15 more pper100 possessions while the offense has gotten about 7 pper100 worse. their already poor turnover rate has went up and they are fouling at a even higher clip than before when they already ranked among the worst in div 1. on the other hand vols defense has gotten stingier than they were, their rebounding has improved, and they have really taken to grinding teams down. a big part of scarys struggles in conf is the fact the tempo slows tremendously and you better believe vols will grind them down into a half court gm where possessions become way more valuable and a team like scary that does not value the rock will really suffer. vols will create more turnovers, most likely have a slight rebounding edge, and they will be at the charity stripe more often ..

im not trying to say vols are some great team either because clearly they are not. they are just a team that is seemingly built better to handle the grind of conf play where the teams are familiar with one another, there less possessions, and the gm almost always turns into a half court battle.. to me this gm is a pk on a neutral court and i dont think scarys home court is worth all that many points. think we talking a one or 2 possession gm one way or the other so taking the points seems to make the most sense..

other than that there one more i am eying really hard and will almost assuredly play it at some point, and that is dayton at davidson. waiting cause seems like i may be able to get another point or so and no real risk if it goes down cause im actually more interested in the ml.. just realized the flyers were ranked so it the dreaded ranked road dog vs a unranked team. luckily that doesnt worry me any longer.. ill talk more about this one later but it another one where im confused on why i see a lot of ppl on davidson, i get they have been incredibly tough in their gym for some time but this a new conf and i just dont think i could create a team that to me seems to be a perfect matchup for dayton.. for some reason ive been liking a lot of road teams these last few days but not like that was my intention going in..

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

I'm looking at Vandy, Nebraska, Utah St, and Wright St. Trying to rationalize them a bit first tho

KDF500
    Long time listener, first time caller
    KDF500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1117

Nice read banker. Early leans for me are surely Air Force catching nearly 10 at home vs the garbage Aztecs.. also feeling LSU..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KDF500 View Post
    Nice read banker. Early leans for me are surely Air Force catching nearly 10 at home vs the garbage Aztecs.. also feeling LSU..
    i played AF at sdst and cashed easy, however since that gm i believe that they have been hit by the injury bug pretty bad,. line kinda says a lot there as well. they lose by 4 at sdst and now they once against catching double digits? i honestly didnt look a lot because of the injuries, not even sure who they to just recall reading they have had several of late.. at 1st glance LSU seemed like most obvious play on the board, i havnt really dug far into yet but it just has that feel of begging ya to be on the dog..

KDF500

Also Boston College +8.5... I just don't think the Orange are that good.. better than BC..but no blow oust here..

KDF500

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i played AF at sdst and cashed easy, however since that gm i believe that they have been hit by the injury bug pretty bad,. line kinda says a lot there as well. they lose by 4 at sdst and now they once against catching double digits? i honestly didnt look a lot because of the injuries, not even sure who they to just recall reading they have had several of late.. at 1st glance LSU seemed like most obvious play on the board, i havnt really dug far into yet but it just has that feel of begging ya to be on the dog..

I agree. I've learned in the past about initial pulls by the odds makers to make you jump on the dog by offering a attractive number.. need to look more into this..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    I'm looking at Vandy, Nebraska, Utah St, and Wright St. Trying to rationalize them a bit first tho
    i actually leaned the other way on all those cept neb where i can certainly understand that one.. i gotta go do a few things, if ya give me a hour or so i will try and come back and give ya my case for the other sides if you interested..

RavensFan2k3

i actually leaned the other way on all those cept neb where i can certainly understand that one.. i gotta go do a few things, if ya give me a hour or so i will try and come back and give ya my case for the other sides if you interested..
    I am very much interested, thanks.
    Last edited by RavensFan2k3; 01-20-15 at 08:21 AM.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KDF500 View Post
    Also Boston College +8.5... I just don't think the Orange are that good.. better than BC..but no blow oust here..
    ive always had a thing for fading cuse when the right opportunity arises, ive always hated them for some reason, lol.. that said i like the teams i play against them to be capable of shooting over the zone and dont think bc has many shooters. not sure if they good enough offensively to actually work the zone and get good shots otherwise. ill look more in a little bit but 1st glance i didnt really like it and i was totally looking from the dog or nothing point of view..

Yons18
    Yons18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

I like the Dayton vs Davidson matchup a lot. But I'll be playing the total in that game.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

Iowa, and k state are my early leans. Any thoughts??

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Yons18 View Post
    I like the Dayton vs Davidson matchup a lot. But I'll be playing the total in that game.
    yea that thought occurred to me as well, my totals been so bad ive kinda swore them off lately but certainly makes sense here.. i dunno exactly how im gonna approach it. short on time right now but will be back later to figure out..

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE MONEY LINE View Post
    yea man, i just gotta run at the moment. 1st time thru card i leaned same way on both as well. wasnt sure if i wanted to play them tho. when i get back ill have time to figure it out... let me know what you decide..

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Good luck banker and everyone else. Pick some winners today

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Dayton's conference numbers are really impressive but I noticed they've pretty much played all of the bottom teams in the A10 thus far. Idk if I see much of an edge either way with that line

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

I locked in Tenn last night banker, happy to see you are on them tonight! Good luck on all your plays this evening..

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Any insight on Iowa getting 7 or 8 points in Madison? In Big Ten play getting 7 or more points on a live dog who could win is always nice. I think Iowa is the one B1G squad who matches up well with wiscy in the sense that both have length and can stretch the floor with their 3s and 4s. Idk how well Wiscy is/can handle playing without PG Traevon Jackson, is Koenig really that good??

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I like Iowa and Minnesota, Eddie.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Any insight on Iowa getting 7 or 8 points in Madison? In Big Ten play getting 7 or more points on a live dog who could win is always nice. I think Iowa is the one B1G squad who matches up well with wiscy in the sense that both have length and can stretch the floor with their 3s and 4s. Idk how well Wiscy is/can handle playing without PG Traevon Jackson, is Koenig really that good??
    9.5 now. I might bite.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Dayton's conference numbers are really impressive but I noticed they've pretty much played all of the bottom teams in the A10 thus far. Idk if I see much of an edge either way with that line
    i just think daytons offense will get whatever they want in this gm.. where i feel the real edge is unlike davidson the flyers have been playing really strong defense. that said it prob fair to say that davidsons offense will be the best they have faced..

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    9.5 now. I might bite.
    I was thinking the same thing

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    i dropped wiscy down a good deal w/o jackson personally. i dont think they have anyone who adequately replaces him.. almost scary how high the line has risen to tho.. i guess if they made iowa 7-8 point dogs at osu it makes sense it a little higher, even tho we know that line was beyond retarded now..

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

Love Fran mcaffery. Aaron white is real solid as well.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Why is noone talking about Kansas State? LAst 3 games in Iowa St. been decided by 6 points or less, also they been a covering machine vs top level teams for years. One of the better bets tonight.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

I liked the over in wisconsin/iowa but looks like I missed the best number at 130 so will probably pass now. Iowa is getting tempting with the points, I might take them 1h. I still don't trust their mental toughness

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

I agree especially with Iowa st possibly in let down mode.

Iowa state is one of my fav teams this year. Tons of depth and talent up and down the lineup. Can play any type of game but force the tempo. K state would be a solid bet solely on te fact that Iowa st might play down to their competition here and be in letdown mode after the exhilarating win vs Kansas. Iowa st very good at home here and the previous teams of k state were more mentally tough with frank Martin as their coach.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

i dropped wiscy down a good deal w/o jackson personally. i dont think they have anyone who adequately replaces him.. almost scary how high the line has risen to tho.. i guess if they made iowa 7-8 point dogs at osu it makes sense it a little higher, even tho we know that line was beyond retarded now..
    Agree.

What is KenPom's projection for this game?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Iowa state is one of my fav teams this year. Tons of depth and talent up and down the lineup. Can play any type of game but force the tempo. K state would be a solid bet solely on te fact that Iowa st might play down to their competition here and be in letdown mode after the exhilarating win vs Kansas. Iowa st very good at home here and the previous teams of k state were more mentally tough with frank Martin as their coach.
    Technically a letdown spot for ISU, but the talent gap on the court tonight is considerable. The downgrade mentally from Martin to Weber is considerable, as you pointed out.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    I liked the over in wisconsin/iowa but looks like I missed the best number at 130 so will probably pass now. Iowa is getting tempting with the points, I might take them 1h. I still don't trust their mental toughness
    Iowa's guards suck. That's their biggest problem.

2daBank

ok here my problems with write st. 1st and foremost injuries, yoho and davis being out seriously cuts into this teams depth. just not sure how they replace those minutes and production? yoho has taken by far the most shots on the team as well as their best defensive rebounder and davis was instrumental to what was already limited front line depth.. this was already a gm they historically struggle with as milw always gives them everything they want, and now they coming in way shorthanded. milw by no means a good team but their numbers a little skewed worse than they are because of that brutal 5 gm road stretch they had, they got the W last time out on their 1st gm back home and id expect them to play well again tonight against a team they always compete with.. i really think you gotta wait a couple gms and see how they fill those holes before playing on write st cause they are gonna be a completely different team from what the numbers say right now.. .

utah st i just dont think you can trust on the road, much better versions of this squad have never been anything special away from their gym and this current squad is not very good. their road schedule is already littered with losses to teams every bit as bad as this nev team and will have many more before all is said and done. we talking bout a team that is barely shooting 50% from the charity stripe in conf play, are terrible cleaning up the defensive glass which always a problem but will even be a bigger issue against a wolfpack team that hits the offensive boards hard, and do not get good shots from inside the arc making treys really important to them which i hate when backing a road team..

vandy is simple, they turn it over a ton and jack up a bunch of ill advised jumpers. that spells dome against uk as they will be getting out on the break all night off of turnovers and long rebounds.. only teams i look to take the points against uk are team i think can keep them in a half court gm and my guess is when facing that size inside vandy will be more inclined to take even more bad jumpers than they typically do.. that has blowout written all over it to me.. ya know me, im not gonna lay that kind of chalk but no way do i want the points so i can hope vandy knocks down enough shots to hang on and only lose by 19 or something..

neb i dont have a huge problem with. i really dont like that team but the same can be said about minny. huskers have done a excellent job since conf play began of not turning the ball over, if they can handle the press and slow min down to their tempo i dont think gophers will have much success on the offensive end.. i dont know if they can handle the press, just cause they havnt been turning it over vs non-pressing teams doesnt necessarily translate. they did manage to do so last year tho so dont think it unreasonable to expect. another thing i look for before backing neb is if the team they are playing draw a lot of fouls cause neb has no depth at all and if a key guy or 2 get in foul trouble they left looking confused on offense and not having anyone who can score a damn point. minny doesnt draw a lot of fouls so again should be good there. i dont trust neb at all but i do think this a good matchup for them..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Agree.

What is KenPom's projection for this game?
    10 i believe, i think he either doesnt do it or does a horrible job of compensating for injuries tho,. not sure which?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Why is noone talking about Kansas State? LAst 3 games in Iowa St. been decided by 6 points or less, also they been a covering machine vs top level teams for years. One of the better bets tonight.
    cause this is the worst kst i ever remember.. although they have looked better of late i suppose, guess i watched them too much in the non conf and came away with the impression that they are dog shit while doing pretty well fading them.

RavensFan2k3

ok here my problems with write st. 1st and foremost injuries, yoho and davis being out seriously cuts into this teams depth. just not sure how they replace those minutes and production? yoho has taken by far the most shots on the team as well as their best defensive rebounder and davis was instrumental to what was already limited front line depth.. this was already a gm they historically struggle with as milw always gives them everything they want, and now they coming in way shorthanded. milw by no means a good team but their numbers a little skewed worse than they are because of that brutal 5 gm road stretch they had, they got the W last time out on their 1st gm back home and id expect them to play well again tonight against a team they always compete with.. i really think you gotta wait a couple gms and see how they fill those holes before playing on write st cause they are gonna be a completely different team from what the numbers say right now.. .

utah st i just dont think you can trust on the road, much better versions of this squad have never been anything special away from their gym and this current squad is not very good. their road schedule is already littered with losses to teams every bit as bad as this nev team and will have many more before all is said and done. we talking bout a team that is barely shooting 50% from the charity stripe in conf play, are terrible cleaning up the defensive glass which always a problem but will even be a bigger issue against a wolfpack team that hits the offensive boards hard, and do not get good shots from inside the arc making treys really important to them which i hate when backing a road team..

vandy is simple, they turn it over a ton and jack up a bunch of ill advised jumpers. that spells dome against uk as they will be getting out on the break all night off of turnovers and long rebounds.. only teams i look to take the points against uk are team i think can keep them in a half court gm and my guess is when facing that size inside vandy will be more inclined to take even more bad jumpers than they typically do.. that has blowout written all over it to me.. ya know me, im not gonna lay that kind of chalk but no way do i want the points so i can hope vandy knocks down enough shots to hang on and only lose by 19 or something..

neb i dont have a huge problem with. i really dont like that team but the same can be said about minny. huskers have done a excellent job since conf play began of not turning the ball over, if they can handle the press and slow min down to their tempo i dont think gophers will have much success on the offensive end.. i dont know if they can handle the press, just cause they havnt been turning it over vs non-pressing teams doesnt necessarily translate. they did manage to do so last year tho so dont think it unreasonable to expect. another thing i look for before backing neb is if the team they are playing draw a lot of fouls cause neb has no depth at all and if a key guy or 2 get in foul trouble they left looking confused on offense and not having anyone who can score a damn point. minny doesnt draw a lot of fouls so again should be good there. i dont trust neb at all but i do think this a good matchup for them..
    Really appreciate your insight man, what do you think about UGA/MISS?

2daBank

i have no idea why ya'll love isu so much? if they get any kind of tough draw in the tourney i will be knocking them out of my bracket so fast.. i think they are so freaking overrated at #9 it aint even funny.. i prob have them far closer to 20 for real.. yea they can run around and shoot but seriously what else? some grind it out team gonna knock their asses out before end of 1st weekend..

2daBank

Really appreciate your insight man, what do you think about UGA/MISS?
    im a pretty big fan of this uga team but for the most part all the teams they have struggled with are teams that got them to push the tempo, i think they far more comfortable playing games in the 60s and sip one of the few teams who's tempo has increased during conf play and they been getting teams to take shots really early in the shot clock. i think uga gets easily baited into playing more uptempo than they should instead of dictating the pace.. im really tempted by sip actually but i like uga so much and dont really wanna go against them at home with a short number.. i dunno, i gotta think bout this one some more cause i do think there some value in sip ml. if they speed uga i dont think dawgs can match their fire power..

2daBank

i have no idea why ya'll love isu so much? if they get any kind of tough draw in the tourney i will be knocking them out of my bracket so fast.. i think they are so freaking overrated at #9 it aint even funny.. i prob have them far closer to 20 for real.. yea they can run around and shoot but seriously what else? some grind it out team gonna knock their asses out before end of 1st weekend..
    i guess that kinda makes a case for kst, cept in that building isu is prob the #9 team, it on a neutral court where i dont think they anything special.

1234 ... Last