The Wiz
    The Wiz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hoops Play

GEORGIA TECH VS. UT-CHATTANOOGA

The Yellow Jackets are obviously the more talented side, but this is their first true road game of the season. In their last game, they made short work of Pac 10 foe USC and now face a couple of lower profile teams before they start ACC play. UT-Chattanooga is a good, though not great, team out of the Southern Conference and the fact that they’re not one of the better teams from the loop actually works in our favor here. It has all of the earmarks of a game that won’t command any special attention or focus for Paul Hewitt’s troops. The Yellow Jackets will also be without starting guard Iman Shumpart as he recovers from minor knee surgery and is expected to miss the next four or five games.

Even though the outright win is unlikely, second tier programs like UT-Chatt put a big emphasis in just being competitive in these games.At the price we’re getting, that’s all we need them to do. While Georgia Tech is clearly the superior side, that number is inflated slightly due to the higher profile of their program.Playing on a home court against an opponent that will be anxious to show they can compete that’s a heavy burden for chalk players.

In recent years, Georgia Tech is a team that I’ve looked to play on as an underdog and against as a favorite. They’re 11-17 ATS as a favorite in the last three years and have only been favored by more than 12′ points twice in that span (with a 1-1 mark in those games).Give credit to Tech for their hot start, but they’ve somewhat overvalued right now as a pointspread property.

UT-CHATTANOOGA+16

cappinthepigs
    cappinthepigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Chattanooga lost to ELON (That's right I said ELON) by 19!! At HOME! It's GT or no play.

Jerrod
    Jerrod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

with cappinthepigs here gtech or no play

CarloTwoGuns
    CarloTwoGuns's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

I hope youre wrong =-D