psu moneymaker
    psu moneymaker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

How do I hedge my Wisconsin futures bet?

Have $10 on Wisconsin 40-1 to win it all. If they're favored over kentucky/michigan do I hedge a little for the next round or let it ride a little longer. Also is there any chance they'd even be favored over kentucky/michigan?

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

they will likely lose to kentucky so not much need

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Lol its 10 bucks.
    Why hedge?

psu moneymaker

Sweet thanks for the advice guys
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trevor123698

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

First step need to estimate line v. Uconn and Florida.

Then determine what you want out of wager.

Or just let it ride.

Yazworm91
    Live betting is the Devil
    Yazworm91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1353

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Lol its 10 bucks.
    Why hedge?
    Actually its 2 games away from being 400$. I understand the initial 10$ but let's say his bankroll is 2k. If he makes 200$ or even 100$ 5-10% increase in bankroll is an excellent return.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by Yazworm91 View Post
    Actually its 2 games away from being 400$. I understand the initial 10$ but let's say his bankroll is 2k. If he makes 200$ or even 100$ 5-10% increase in bankroll is an excellent return.
    Yeah but to get anywhere near 400 with hedging now he would have to bet nearly thst much. Then the profit is gone.

Yazworm91

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Yeah but to get anywhere near 400 with hedging now he would have to bet nearly thst much. Then the profit is gone.

Yea i I get you on that. The only way I would try to hedge before the final would be trying to catch a live line on Kentucky at +money.
    Last edited by Yazworm91; 03-31-14 at 01:26 AM.

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

In game betting is the crack cocaine of sports wagering. It's exactly what the on-line sports books want you to do. It's all built around panic and weak minded gamblers. Yes you might bet your way out of a loss from time to time or lock into a juicy winner midway through the first half, but how many times does chasing a bad bet work out ? How many times do multiple in game bets produce profits ? The bottom line for you is you have $10 invested with an opportunity to win $400. Lock in some profit. This isn't the last bet you are ever going to make. Manage your money and you'll always have some.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by TiredPro View Post
    In game betting is the crack cocaine of sports wagering. It's exactly what the on-line sports books want you to do. It's all built around panic and weak minded gamblers. Yes you might bet your way out of a loss from time to time or lock into a juicy winner midway through the first half, but how many times does chasing a bad bet work out ? How many times do multiple in game bets produce profits ? The bottom line for you is you have $10 invested with an opportunity to win $400. Lock in some profit. This isn't the last bet you are ever going to make. Manage your money and you'll always have some.
    having watched live lines over years and years i agree..wisco probably takes the early lead and gets destroyed late..i do not care to bet either line except live lines despite my agreement that live lines are crack. kentucky -1 to +whatever is the play..uconn +8 is money..maybe less

psu moneymaker

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    having watched live lines over years and years i agree..wisco probably takes the early lead and gets destroyed late..i do not care to bet either line except live lines despite my agreement that live lines are crack. kentucky -1 to +whatever is the play..uconn +8 is money..maybe less
    Seems like this is probably the best way to go. Try and get a good live line if Wisco makes an early run, and if it doesn't happen then I could just let it play out.

So say Wisco makes that early run, is it better to live bet Kentucky getting 2-3 points in hopes of winning both or live bet the Kentucky +moneyline?

Yazworm91

Quote Originally Posted by psu moneymaker View Post
    Seems like this is probably the best way to go. Try and get a good live line if Wisco makes an early run, and if it doesn't happen then I could just let it play out.

So say Wisco makes that early run, is it better to live bet Kentucky getting 2-3 points in hopes of winning both or live bet the Kentucky +moneyline?
    both if you can lol. Kentucky got as high as 5.5 and +250. I got on the 5.5 quick but it got back from commercial before I could get on the ML lol. I'd go for the points and maybe middle.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

by taking kentucky ml