pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nobody likes Florida?

At initial impulse, I thought Florida was giving way too many points to Dayton, 10. But it seems this choice is way to obvious, and favorited by the public. So I'm thinking trap?

I don't see how this game will be close, it's either Dayton wins big or Florida wins big. The reason I say that is because they are two transition teams that love to shoot the three and run up and down the court. Florida gave up a ton of points to UCLA in the transition game last game, yet still won big. I'm not sure if a hot Dayton team is better than a hot UCLA team in the transition game. In terms of sizing and matching up, Florida is better at every position, more athletic and more skilled, and most importantly much more experienced. This Florida team is very hungry after being eliminated from the elite 8 the last few trips as well. Lastly, I respect the crap out of Dayton's coaching and figuring out how to defeat the past few teams. With only a day of rest, I expect coaching preparation to be more of a nonfactor compared to previous game, and I'll give the thumbs up to Donovan when it comes to in game coaching as well.

This is just what I'm thinking, Dayton +10 seems way square. How bout it?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

No such thing as a trap.

pokerwhiz90

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    No such thing as a trap.
    Just wanted to ad, I've been 7-1 on spreads losing the iowa state one last night, should be 6-2 but the refs like tenn way too much

dawgs777
    dawgs777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1606

i like flo to beat daytons over 12+ points. they better show up and prove why they are the team to beat in finals. dayton is gonna go home. it was a good bad news bear story but it ends tonight with cover.

cmon lets get real

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

I do believe a lot of people like Florida. Seeing a lot of Dayton can't hang.

pokerwhiz90

Quote Originally Posted by Walulu View Post
    I do believe a lot of people like Florida. Seeing a lot of Dayton can't hang.
    yeah of course a lot of bettors with no knowledge are going to like florida, but avid recreational betters that are responsible for most of the action like dayton.

florida played one of the best transition teams in ucla, who was also very hot, and beat them by enough to cover, if that was considered a poor transition defense game for them, im feeling scared for dayton

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

I got Florida. I love the Dayton story and all and I want to root for them, but I've seen a lot of Gators games this year living in Florida.....Dayton is not in the same league as this team.

The key for Dayton is staying ahead. Every single game this tournament they've played with the lead (maybe a point or two down here or there). If Florida gets up by 5 or 6 the avalanche could begin. When VCU beat Kansas and George Mason beat UConn they stayed ahead. They didn't rally from behind. Dayton has to do the same thing or else this could be ugly.

pokerwhiz90

yeah, i mean the florida ml has to be the best play of the night i think - if we're lucky, i was thinking of catching a live line for florida at -7,-8 if dayton gets a few early buckets in

dawgs777
    dawgs777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1606

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
    yeah of course a lot of bettors with no knowledge are going to like florida, but avid recreational betters that are responsible for most of the action like dayton.

florida played one of the best transition teams in ucla, who was also very hot, and beat them by enough to cover, if that was considered a poor transition defense game for them, im feeling scared for dayton
    hahahahha I was like you b4 coming to reality. thinking dayton would cover. but then you have to think. florida is not gonna play around and make this game close. its gonna be beat down. thats the oonly way for them to show whoever they are playin next, that it is not going to be easy to play them next level.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

LOVE the GATORS ML and spread. Dayton has not seen what real "D" is. They will in about 90 minutes.

pokerwhiz90

hope you guys listened to me and got a nice ml number earlier in the live game, hopefully florida keeps this up!

i'm not even a florida fan but theyre turning me into one