RMStanley
    RMStanley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

How little effort went into design of these NCAA basketball courts?

Seriously - could there be a more generic and unflattering court design than the ones that the NCAA has (for some reason) gone to at all the tournament sites?

First off - the black and blue colors don't go well together. There's a reason why no sports team has black and royal blue as a part of its color scheme - it's ugly.

Apart from the colors, what's up with the lack of paing everywhere but at the tip of the free throw line? Why put paint in that one tiny semi circle? Why not in the lanes or not at all?

End rant - I just think the courts are literally a 1/10.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Who gives a sh!t?

RMStanley

I always care about uniforms and court/field designs. I'd rather watch a footblal game played on a colorfully decorated field (LSU, for example) than a boring field (Steelers). Ditto for basketball. I've watched probably 300 basketball games (pro and college) this season and these NCAA courts are hands down the worst I've seen. Maybe I'm just weird.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Lol you are weird indeed.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Have to keep it extremely neutral and basic. You don't want too complex, hard to watch.

I actually do like the logo of the hosting team arena college on the baselines.

RMStanley

I get the neutral part but it doesn't have to be so heinous... look at the Brooklyn Nets court - it's fantastic. one of the finest courts in all of basketball, and it could be considered neutral. maybe blue-and-white would be similarly acceptable given the NCAAs colors