thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

will pitt make the ncaa tournament?

i guess its about that time of the year for bubble talk to start.

few interesting cases, the panthers are at the top of the list.

they have a 20-7 record, 8-6 in a down year for the acc, a win over stanford is their best win (1-6 against top 50 rpi) and that was like the 2nd game of the season. they look like they are fading, losing a home game to a florida st team that looked completely dead in the water. another thing that the committee will surely not like is the nonconference SOS (over 200).

they close with boston college (road), notre dame (road), nc st (home), clemson (road), so no chances for any really great wins left, i think if they get 3 of 4 they are in the tournament even though virginia didnt get in last season with a 11-7 acc record (i think their rpi was really bad, like over 70, pitts is 43).

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

As of now....YES! But a lot can change in 2 weeks. I think splitting 2 of the last 4 and getting a win in the ACC Tourny would let them breathe safely come Selection Sunday. If they drop 3 of the last 4 somehow, they will have at least 2 more bad losses on their resume, which you don't want this late in the year.

Regul8er
    Wordd

It was an interesting win for FSU at the same token last night. As long as they handle GTECH at home, and BC on the road.....they will have a chance last game of the year at home to get a statement win vs the Orange and possibly climb to 10-8, with a handful of nice wins, including the tiebreak really against Pitt who may fall on the bubble.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

They shouldn't based on principle alone.

Dixon is doing it again.

Regul8er
    Wordd

LOTS of things will happen in the next 2 weeks...believe me! Teams will go from locks to NIT in a heartbeat.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

im thinking they need 3 total wins including the acc tournament games, well see how it plays out. the committee is usually tough on teams that have bad records against the top 50 rpi, teams that have a bad non conference SOS, and teams that are fading (pitt 2-5 last 7).

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Let's hope not. They are pure dog shit.

They have absolutely nothing when it comes to a halfcourt offense.

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

I say they will, but they could be subject to a first round upset

dwatersalec
    dwatersalec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5142

It boggles my mind how KenPom continues to have Pitt rated highly year after year, especially when it comes to offensive efficiency.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Pitt sucks, I hope they don't make the tourney. I was browsing around the bracketology page on ESPN and saw some pretty bad teams that Lunardi has in the tourney. I just remember seeing Minnesota as an 11 seed. How on earth is Minnesota in the tourney lol?