sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Arizona -4

Was this not the squarest play of em all tonight?

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Add UCLA +2 to that.

bababooey13
    bababooey13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

reverse square play. too many people on the utes tonight

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

But Cal -2? Why lol

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 seconds left and arizona coach tells them to foul. What the hell? Utah kid would've probably missed a jumper and covered the 3.5 IMO instead they go into ot and miss it by 1 lol

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

farmhouse, basketball coaches aren't thinking about spreads

farmhouse1

I'm not saying that at all. Wtf? No I'm saying they were down only 3 but the coach didn't want them to earn their points from the line and I think the kid missed one actually. But I mean seriously 2 seconds left the kid Utah kid was prolly just gonna chuck the ball and miss game over, but nope. It was good game tho

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

lol you aren't the brightest

dwatersalec
    dwatersalec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5142

I have no idea what you are talking about. Arizona and Utah were tied for the last 30 seconds of regulation as AZ held for the final shot. If you are talking about OT, I can't believe you are questioning why Sean Miller fouled up 3 with 2 seconds left. More than half the CBB coaches in the country now foul up by 3 with less than five seconds left. It forces the other team to hit the first foul shot, purposely miss, get an offensive rebound on the missed FT (very tough) and get a put back. A much more difficult scenario than simply making a 3 even with your defense extended. Sean Miller is not worrying about covering a spread; he is worried about winning a game!

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by dwatersalec View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Arizona and Utah were tied for the last 30 seconds of regulation as AZ held for the final shot. If you are talking about OT, I can't believe you are questioning why Sean Miller fouled up 3 with 2 seconds left. More than half the CBB coaches in the country now foul up by 3 with less than five seconds left. It forces the other team to hit the first foul shot, purposely miss, get an offensive rebound on the missed FT (very tough) and get a put back. A much more difficult scenario than simply making a 3 even with your defense extended. Sean Miller is not worrying about covering a spread; he is worried about winning a game!
    thank you for clarifying to farmhouse lol

dwatersalec

Sometimes people cannot process anything outside of their wagers.

farmhouse1

All I'm saying is the Utah kid was just going to chuck up a desperation shot most likely and miss game over. Instead sewn miller has his team foul them. That's all I'm saying morans I'm not talking about the spread or him knowing about spreads. All I'm saying is Sean miller didn't want any miracle shot happen so he had his player foul Utah and the kid ended up making 1 of 2. Why is this so hard to understand?

farmhouse1

Arizona is up 3 and Utah is planning on just chucking up a miracle shot that most likely was going to miss and e game would be over. But Sean miller fouls with 2 seconds left leaving enough time for arizona to inbound the ball and get fouled. It's Utah's fault no doubt they had plenty of chances I'm not crying over this just pointing out how it kinda was an unnecessary foul when Utah was mostly likely just going to chuck up a prayer and most likely miss. Game over

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

lol you dont give them the chance to hit that 3. They're at home and have good 3 point shooters. its simple, dont give tgem a chance

dwatersalec

Plus, you run situational drills in practice all year to prepare for these situations in a game. You don't change what you have taught all year just because you feel the shot may be of the desperation variety. Remember Pitt-Cuse? That was a desperation shot (I recognize that was a 1 point game at the time).

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Ariz was a miracle....it was great

PaperTrail07

It also presents an opportunity for them to lose the game in regulation....hits first misses 2nd and kickout 3....slim but its there

PaperTrail07

Still a chance obv
    Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    lol you dont give them the chance to hit that 3. They're at home and have good 3 point shooters. its simple, dont give tgem a chance

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy04 View Post
    Was this not the squarest play of em all tonight?
    Utah was a fairly popular public dog last night