No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Two big revenge games on Sunday

Wisconsin +4 at Michigan
    Villanova +3.5 at Creighton

Do either of them bounce back, or do they get swept? Badgers got whipped on their home court by the Wolverines last month. Nova was absolutely buried by the Jays earlier this season.

Thoughts?

wizcodlifa
    wizcodlifa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1173

its tough. they are almost unbetable. i mean did creighton only win because they were lights out?? or are they better? And wisconsin and michigan are amazing one game, terrible the next.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by wizcodlifa View Post
    its tough. they are almost unbetable. i mean did creighton only win because they were lights out?? or are they better? And wisconsin and michigan are amazing one game, terrible the next.
    I think Nova is a better team than Creighton.

I personally believe Wisconsin is garbage, but the line looks awfully short here.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You can throw Siena and Temple into this discussion as well, and they're both playing at home in revenge spots.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Am I the only one that doesn't think Nova is that good? I'm probably going to back Creighton here. Creighton joined the big east to play games like these. This will probably be the biggest home game for them in years. When was the last time a top 10 team came to Omaha?Creighton will be ready.

I'd be careful with Michigan, that line looks short. Then again I've been cold, so I could easily be wrong on both these games.

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

Nova defense vs the 3-ball is critical for them to win. Their defense will really have to step up in this game.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Love Michigan ML and SMU -7 tomorrow

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't think Nova is that good? I'm probably going to back Creighton here. Creighton joined the big east to play games like these. This will probably be the biggest home game for them in years. When was the last time a top 10 team came to Omaha?Creighton will be ready.

I'd be careful with Michigan, that line looks short. Then again I've been cold, so I could easily be wrong on both these games.
    I'd be more apt to back Wisconsin than Villanova. I like the Badgers and Siena the most.

PremierWagers
    Update your status
    PremierWagers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2479

I think nova gets revenge they're in better form than Creighton right now imo

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22725

As a Creighton homer. They have struggled the last 4 games. The loss McDermott didn't get the ball the 8 minutes. On the fence in this one. Wragge has been cold. Nova may lay off on him for that fact. But he was lights out last time. I'm backing McDermott here. But it's hard to beat the same team twice. JM0

wizcodlifa
    wizcodlifa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1173

I can't bet against smu right now no coin. They look extremely good as of late.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Nova has been waiting for this rematch for a while after getting embarrassed earlier this year in Philly by the jays. Love nova getting 3.5 and the moneyline. Michigan line looks short but then again Vegas has been giving away money to the public this year. Temple is auto fade at this point for me

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

The only way I would bet those two games would be on Creighton -3.

Everything else looks rough.

The main angle would be that Nova has to come down. I know not to bet against Beiline and his program, the player development at Michigan is very real from everything I have read/seen and Wisconsin is definitely not as talented as Michigan.

Side question: Why is Michigan only playing Ohio State once this year? (assuming they don't play in the B-10 tournament)

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    The only way I would bet those two games would be on Creighton -3.

Everything else looks rough.

The main angle would be that Nova has to come down. I know not to bet against Beiline and his program, the player development at Michigan is very real from everything I have read/seen and Wisconsin is definitely not as talented as Michigan.

Side question: Why is Michigan only playing Ohio State once this year? (assuming they don't play in the B-10 tournament)
    Just how the big ten is. Some years you play different teams twice. Too many teams to play everyone twice

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post

i honestly couldnt tell you if im sold on nova or not, what i will say is jays are a bit overrated imo and it mostly stems from the fact they had the adv of no one in this conf ever playing against their sets and they kinda took everyone by storm but i believe it a bit of a mirage. ive faded them the last 2 and will prob continue to do so till the end of the reg season now that everyone has seen them once, just look at their 3 point percentage fall off the last 3 games all of which were the rematches, i think you will see this continue the next 2 weeks as teams now understand what they up against and priority number 1 is to run them off the 3 point line at all cost and force them to beat you off the bounce, outside of mcdermott no one has even attempted 70 fts or more than 100 shots inside the arc,, dont get me wrong their offense is good they will get some easy buckets off teams doing this and it does help them that Gibbs hasnt been seen by many teams but dont get it twisted, these guys live by the trey and i think it pretty safe to say there no damn way nova is gonna let them go freaking 21-35 from behind the arc, nova has enough length and athletes to force jays to try and bring it into the big man and their 13th ranked 2 point percentage defense.. not a easy task but seeing how every team playing jays the second time has reduced their 3 point efficiency by a wide margin from the 1st meeting i expect a very good nova team to be able to do the same... then there the issue of what nova scored the 1st gm, i dont think im going out on any kind of limb in saying there no way jays keep them out of the 70s again. cats got caught slipping and it was basically over before it got started, dont expect that again and expect way more of nova attacking the basket aggressively as they did the next several games after that ass kicking creighton gave them. i think they flip the script here and get jays back in their building..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by shopbar picks View Post
    As a Creighton homer. They have struggled the last 4 games. The loss McDermott didn't get the ball the 8 minutes. On the fence in this one. Wragge has been cold. Nova may lay off on him for that fact. But he was lights out last time. I'm backing McDermott here. But it's hard to beat the same team twice. JM0
    i think it gonna take a lot for them to split the last 6 games,, look at how significantly depaul and johnies cut jays 3 point percentage down, then butler holds them to 20 less points and was really close to having them beat...dont get me wrong jays a really good team but they had huge adv coming into this conf with a bunch of teams that honestly didnt realize what they were dealing with, this second time through is gonna be extremely tough as teams sell out to take away the 3 and force jays to beat them with the bounce, sure their offense is good enough that they will get some easy buckets out of this but enough to compensate for the drop off in 3 point efficiency? outside Dougie fresh not one jay has attempted more than 70 fts or 100 shots inside the arc..the one thing they have going for them is that the majority of the league hasnt saw gibbs yet and he is a stat sheet filling difference maker imo, but he gonna have to be cause the sledding bout to get really rough..

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Love Wisconsin at +4. They might even win this straight up.

CBBPhenom
    CBBPhenom's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Wisconsin +4.5, revenge and possible outright

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Another revenge game is Minnesota at Northwestern. Minnesota lost in their first meeting and as of now is 5-7 in B1G, needs to go 8-10 with a win in the conf tourney to get in the dance. They still have to play Iowa, Michigan, and OSU, so they cannot afford to lose to NW here.Looks to me like this might be a good spot to play Minnesota. Anybody have thoughts on this one?

the fatts
    the fatts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 452

SMU is definitely a play today. They are hot and the eye-ball test on Temple reveals one of the lamest, lifeless squads out there...

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by the fatts View Post
    SMU is definitely a play today. They are hot and the eye-ball test on Temple reveals one of the lamest, lifeless squads out there...
    what they trying to pass off as defense is beyond embarrassing, teams get whatever they want against them..

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Just how the big ten is. Some years you play different teams twice. Too many teams to play everyone twice
    And it gets worse next year with Maryland joining.

rybread9
    rybread9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Thoughts on Oregon in a revenge + rivalry game?
    Points Awarded:

Grivas_Digeni gave rybread9 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.

CBBPhenom
    CBBPhenom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just played creighton at -2.5, they're overrated but so is nova

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by CBBPhenom View Post
    Just played creighton at -2.5, they're overrated but so is nova
    I don't disagree that nova prob overrated, but jays gonna be lucky to go .500 these last 6 games IMO. Plus of the 2 nova the more talented squad and they the team that watched jays hold essentially a 3 point contest on their court, they should be embarrassed and ready to right that wrong today.. I played nova when they were +3.5 so maybe we can both win (cept I'm playing ml too, lol).. Should be a good gm. Gl

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

almost 90% of the public is on nova right now .. yes i know its early ...

but if it stays from the 70% and up range almost till game time I'm most likely playing creighton here

public burials on sunday IMO

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

No talk on Minnesota -3?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post

but if it stays from the 70% and up range almost till game time I'm most likely playing creighton here

I've never bought, believed, or cared bout those numbers much. I find it very had to believe that your avg smo is going against creighton tho.. Hell I doubt most the avg smucks have even thought much bout this gm yet , certainly not bet it yet..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    No talk on Minnesota -3?
    I just don't trust those assholes,, the minute I touch them they have 3 guys in foul trouble before the 1st tv timeout..

Magnificent
    Just tryin to be Jay Bilas...
    Magnificent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1118

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post

Used to have my bets live by this. Started to be a guessing game. But now I just pick and play. Cant lie, I still don't like my side to be the heavy action (which supposedly 3 of my 4 today are), especially with RLM (Nova). But it comes down to the fact that heavy public action doesn't lose 100% (or anywhere close to that for that matter) and neither do games with RLM going against you...looks like the perceived odds are stacked against me today tho...(BC ATS+ML, Nova ATS+ML, Bryant ATS+ML) St. Johns ML is my other play...GL all...

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Leaning on just taking the Nova over

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
    Used to have my bets live by this. Started to be a guessing game. But now I just pick and play. Cant lie, I still don't like my side to be the heavy action (which supposedly 3 of my 4 today are), especially with RLM (Nova). But it comes down to the fact that heavy public action doesn't lose 100% (or anywhere close to that for that matter) and neither do games with RLM going against you...looks like the perceived odds are stacked against me today tho...(BC ATS+ML, Nova ATS+ML, Bryant ATS+ML) St. Johns ML is my other play...GL all...
    i certainly feel better when im on the unpopular side but i dont do that for the sake of doing it, i cap the games and play what my conclusion dictates, if it happens to be the "public" side so be it...far as rlm if everyone if on nova (which i have no clue if that true) then it not rlm it moving as you would expect,, again i could really care less cause truth be told this season when i get the best of the number it losing more than winning, and wouldnt ya know i have nova+3.5 so they prob will lose, of coarse at some point that shit outta even the hell out as i cant remember a year where i dreaded line moving with me and feel better when it moves against me, lol..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Time is Money View Post
    Leaning on just taking the Nova over
    i think it a really sharp number honestly,, was expecting or just hoping maybe that it would open at or little higher than kenpom's as i leaned under that, i put it right around 146..

Magnificent
    Just tryin to be Jay Bilas...
    Magnificent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1118

Im sorry, You're right. I'm buggin out. IDK why I thought the Nova game was RLM. I just glanced quickly on VI and thought that I was getting the worst of it. When you said otherwise (I was surely convinced I was right) I checked immediately and much to my satisfaction, I found out that it is moving the right way! Well, that's one less odd stacked against me today! GL...I think Nova got this...

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I just don't trust those assholes,, the minute I touch them they have 3 guys in foul trouble before the 1st tv timeout..
    I think this is a good spot for them (as I said in my first post). So today I got minnesota in a teaser with nova and another one with msu. And ats as well. They go down today, then I do too. GL fellas

12 Last