theforce
    theforce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Is Vegas laying a trap?

With Virginia -4 @ Clemson? That line seems awfully short. I was thinking 8 to 8.5 for an opening number. Clemson struggles to score and the Hoos have been on a tear. What gives?

mikmik
    mikmik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15907

Can the hoos cover again??

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

No such thing as a trap, only trap is you not knowing being privy to what you need to be privy to. People were saying the same thing when Duke strolled in there.

theforce

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    No such thing as a trap, only trap is you not knowing being privy to what you need to be privy to. People were saying the same thing when Duke strolled in there.
    Completely different situation. Duke was struggling at that time. The Hoos have been rolling. Their defense is stingy and Clemson struggles to score.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clemson for the upset

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I've been on Virginia a ton this year... but I saw tgis and immediately leaned Clemson

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clemson will have a shot of winning IMO. Probably mess it but cover the 4

theforce

Be interesting to see what the total is for sure.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by theforce View Post
    Completely different situation. Duke was struggling at that time. The Hoos have been rolling. Their defense is stingy and Clemson struggles to score.
    Thats easy to say in hindsight, had Duke won then what? It could go either way on paper IMO as far as the spread, could be a blowout IMO, some games the right anomaly just happens, homecourt worth alot more than people give credit for, been awhile since UVA won there. Look at the two huge contrasting scores from last year.

Taint
    Taint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

Thats easy to say in hindsight, had Duke won then what? It could go either way on paper IMO as far as the spread, could be a blowout IMO, some games the right anomaly just happens, homecourt worth alot more than people give credit for, been awhile since UVA won there. Look at the two huge contrasting scores from last year.
    Gt beat uva last year at home, then look how that game turned out this year

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    I've been on Virginia a ton this year... but I saw tgis and immediately leaned Clemson

Why is that?

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Gt beat uva last year at home, then look how that game turned out this year
    Those are two totally different years.

Taint

Those are two totally different years.
    Read bottom part of your op, and hopefully you'll see your contradiction.

jtoler

Read bottom part of your op, and hopefully you'll see your contradiction.
    No I referenced two games in the same year, last year, both games a month apart. The overall point I was making is the presence of homecourt and that even though Virginia is playing very well anything can happen playing AT Clemson.

Taint

No I referenced two games in the same year, last year, both games a month apart. The overall point I was making is the presence of homecourt and that even though Virginia is playing very well anything can happen playing AT Clemson.
    Ya but clemson hasn't beat anyone worth half a shit, other than a then-struggling duke team, whilst uva has been playing well on the road

jtoler

Ok seems youre not trying to understand, gl, I think youll need it.

albinoshark
    albinoshark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2069

Tigers are 10-1 at home, but Cavs have been rolling over opp...both big D teams here, line has been jumping on the O/U, Line opened at 103, Leaning Over on this one. GL

Taint

Ok seems youre not trying to understand, gl, I think youll need it.
    You're the one that made no sense.. U said it's been awhile since uva beat clemson at clemson. Ok fine, that was the case with georgia tech and uva won by 20, what do u not get?

jtoler

You're the one that made no sense.. U said it's been awhile since uva beat clemson at clemson. Ok fine, that was the case with georgia tech and uva won by 20, what do u not get?
    What does that have to do with anything I said, besides Virginia hasnt had trouble winning at GT like they have at Clemson.

Taint

02/03/2013 3:00 PM Virginia McCamish Pavilion • Atlanta, GA ESPNU Georgia TechW 66–60 7,128 12–8 (2–6)

Lost last year and won this year by 20

U said that in the past years uva struggled against clemson, I was just pointing out, that this is clearly a better team than last year

jtoler

02/03/2013 3:00 PM Virginia McCamish Pavilion • Atlanta, GA ESPNU Georgia TechW 66–60 7,128 12–8 (2–6)

Lost last year and won this year by 20

U said that in the past years uva struggled against clemson, I was just pointing out, that this is clearly a better team than last year
    And Im pointing out they struggle at LittleJohn and that Clemson isnt GT. Again UVA beat Clemson last year by 37 pts at home yet lost to them at Clemson by 15. Like I said gl you just may need it.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

UVA is better and more consistent this year than last. Clemson has been fading big time in recent weeks. I think UVA is on a mission this year to win the ACC. They need this win and are out to prove something. UVA is just as good defensively as Clemson, and unlike last year, UVA actually has some reliable scorers at every position. This will be a tight contest early but expect UVA to pull away in the second half. UVA's ability to execute in the half-court will eventually wear Clemson down as they struggle to find openings after Bennett makes his half time adjustments. I understand those of you who want to take Clemson based on last year, but last year is last year.

SportWark73
    SportWark73's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tigers are 10-1 at home

Taint

And Im pointing out they struggle at LittleJohn and that Clemson isnt GT. Again UVA beat Clemson last year by 37 pts at home yet lost to them at Clemson by 15. Like I said gl you just may need it.
    Man I wish I could bet real money against suckers like you, hold on to that luck yourself, fool.

jtoler

Man I wish I could bet real money against suckers like you, hold on to that luck yourself, fool.
    Lol I love it.

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

First half under 50! I ain't scared of the low #!

JBC33
    JBC33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    UVA is better and more consistent this year than last. Clemson has been fading big time in recent weeks. I think UVA is on a mission this year to win the ACC. They need this win and are out to prove something. UVA is just as good defensively as Clemson, and unlike last year, UVA actually has some reliable scorers at every position. This will be a tight contest early but expect UVA to pull away in the second half. UVA's ability to execute in the half-court will eventually wear Clemson down as they struggle to find openings after Bennett makes his half time adjustments. I understand those of you who want to take Clemson based on last year, but last year is last year.

I agree with this, although I do still think that Clemson could pull off the upset @ home. It doesnt mean that Clemson is the better of the 2 teams, it just means that UVA could be overDUE for 1 let down game. These things do happen... & with Clemson off of 2 straight losses on the road, the Tigers could be really ALL IN on this particular game to try and make a statement. So I totally agree that it could be very tight game.... If I bet anything, I'll be on over 103 for some small change. $good luck

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by JBC33 View Post
    I agree with this, although I do still think that Clemson could pull off the upset @ home. It doesnt mean that Clemson is the better of the 2 teams, it just means that UVA could be overDUE for 1 let down game. These things do happen... & with Clemson off of 2 straight losses on the road, the Tigers could be really ALL IN on this particular game to try and make a statement. So I totally agree that it could be very tight game.... If I bet anything, I'll be on over 103 for some small change. $good luck
    103 been gone.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

quick start for clemson

Taint

Lol I love it.
    Thanks clown keep using past year scores to make ur plays LOL

jtoler

How dumb are you. Did UVA not struggle like I said they have in the past, they did. I never said who would win. You needed all the luck you could get. Can tell youre a rookie using the terms vegas and trap, keep being a square.

Taint

How dumb are you. Did UVA not struggle like I said they have in the past, they did. I never said who would win. You needed all the luck you could get. Can tell youre a rookie using the terms vegas and trap, keep being a square.
    Wtf? When have I used "Vegas" or "trap" u fuking idiot, don't be salty. Just take your L and leave.

jtoler

What L I didnt bet the game if I had I would have stated such.

theforce

Bunch of nancies in here

Taint

Quote Originally Posted by theforce View Post
    Bunch of nancies in here
    Ok mr. "Did Vegas set a trap"

Ur just a sucker

12 Last