BoS_010
    It's a marathon, not a sprint
    BoS_010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Awful Announcing

I personally love watching college hoops. It's a close second the NFL, but they got some BRUTAL announcers. Outside of ESPN's and Fox's #1 crew, it feels like either Steve Lappas, Doug Gottlieb, or Bill Walton are announcing every other game. I gotta turn games off at times they are so bad.
    Lappas voice annoys the hell out of me, and comes off as not being very knowledgeable (I know he used to coach).
    Gottlieb has never been wrong about anything in his lifetime; or at least that's how he comes off as. Snob.
    Walton I liked in Celtic Pride back in 1996, and it ends there.

I had my breaking point when I turned on this Colorado/UCLA game.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2282

bill walton is the most annoying announcer. Im shocked they let this homer announce UCLA games. I listened to him the other day against oregon and pretty much wanted to blow my brains out

GHSCREW
    Where did Kemba Go?
    GHSCREW's Avatar Become A Pro!

gottlieb referenced two segments of his radio show during the Butler Creighton game. what a donk

BrickShotShawn
    BrickShotShawn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3734

Bill Walton is the best. Him and Dave Pasch are best duo in college hoops. They need to do tourney games. Doug Gottlieb, on the other hand, sucks in general.

BoS_010

goduke- I feel like Walton only does Pac-12 games on. Every time I hear him it tends to be a late P12 game, and I change the channel.

GHSCREW- That totally sounds like something Gottlieb would do. He is a donk, among many other things.

BoS_010

Quote Originally Posted by BrickShotShawn View Post
    Bill Walton is the best. Him and Dave Pasch are best duo in college hoops. They need to do tourney games. Doug Gottlieb, on the other hand, sucks in general.
    I don't mind Pasch but do you think Bill and Dave really get along?

tailin junkie
    tailin junkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17008

The best part of the pasch-Walton combo is when pasch humors/makes fun of him and bill doesn't realize

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Doris Burke is the worse

BoS_010

haha tailin I know exactly what you're talking about. Maybe that's why I don't mind Pasch.

sportsguy I agree, Doris is brutal to listen to. She has some knowledge but doesn't fit in.

BrickShotShawn
    BrickShotShawn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3734

Don't know if they get along. Genuinely, I think they do. I just enjoy them. And yes, Bill mostly calls Pac-12 games.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2282

Bill picks one side every game he announces and treats them like god while the other team does nothing right. I hate that kind of announcing, it always makes me think the announcer has money on the game