KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20370

Super Tuesday College Hoops Discussion

Not trying to steal your thunder 2dabank, but we need this thread. Was waiting to see if you would make one, but since you haven't, i'll go ahead and get it started. What does everyone like for tomorrow? Just looked at the card, my initital thoughts:

Why is Texas only -4 against OKST w/o Smart. I would expect Texas -4 if Smart was playing, really thought this would be higher.

Can Wyoming take out SDST. SDST is legit, but they've definitely been ripe for the upset recently.

Can the Vols beat the Gators for the second year in a row on their home court. Last year I hit them big on the sread and ML in that game. I think Vols matchup well with them. Florida smacked them by 25+ just a couple weeks ago.

I'm a bit surprised to see Buckeyes laying 4 to Michigan. I think we start to see Michigan come back down to earth. They're good, but they overachieved early on. They'll have to pay at some point for losing McGary, Hardaway and Burke. Fading ranked teams getting points on the road against unranked home teams is usually money. Ohio St has been playing really well lately.

Alabama tomorrow?

Chime in SBR.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Whats so surprising about any of those you mentioned, nothing to me.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

is javan felix playing? if not, that is why line is where it is. different team without him. but, that being said... texas is great at home; and i have faded ok state all year (except at TTU ) and i think it may be the play tomorrow...

but this is college bball... markel brown could score 40 on texas and carry this damn team on his back .

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

seton hall -2 is interesting. lost by 1 to marquette by 1 at their place in january... Marquette doesnt travel particularly well as theyve only won 2 road games all year...

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

one more I like is Colorado State... great home team. USU is a good home team, but less scary on the road.
    I dont know if id lay the 4 points with colorado state, but id take them somewhere around 2

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    is javan felix playing? if not, that is why line is where it is. different team without him. but, that being said... texas is great at home; and i have faded ok state all year (except at TTU ) and i think it may be the play tomorrow...

but this is college bball... markel brown could score 40 on texas and carry this damn team on his back .
    http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...tuesdays-game/

He's out, I guess line makes a little more sense now.

Leaning Wyoming, Bama, Vols, Buckeyes

Releford will own the trashy Marshall Henderson tomorrow.
    Last edited by KRIT; 02-11-14 at 12:27 AM.

holdthatprospect
    holdthatprospect's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3686

Marquette +2 and Michigan +4 bet the chalk yest and it failed so picking some dogs 2day.

DarkEraNYSports
    DarkEraNYSports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

I hate SEC basketball but the uf line is too fishy to pass on, going w the vols there.

Also like buckeyes at home. Starting to come back into form and wolverines are cooling off.

Would love to get more insight into sd st. Wyoming. Haven't seen Wyoming play but have seen Aztecs struggle at tough venues on the road (even if they cover late). Might pass but looks like a Wyoming line.

NC st should win (and cover)?. Wake is just unimpressive and w/o cmm I can't see them winning at nc st. Might add wolfpack in a ml parlay.

I honestly think shu rolls at home. A little biased bc I like north nj/ny teams but Marquette struggles on the road and seton hall is gonna bring their A-game for the big east tourney seeding.

Bounce back from Clemson against a struggling and painful to watch ND team?

Last but not least I think okie st. Covers and wins outright at Texas. Line is fishy but I think cowboys pony up (pun intended)

Gonna keep and eye on RLM today, was very telling in Towson and Wvu game midday w late movements back to original spreads.

Prob won't play all these games but strongest lean is def Tenn and Ohio st.

Bol gentlemen.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Marquette @ seton Hall for me tonight and that is the only game I am playing. Lost my teaser last night so no cash out back to business and being more selective in my plays.

I like seton hall at home. Two teams with identical records, with Marquette having the slightly better conf record due to their win against the pirates at home last time, the pirates' Fuquan Edwin was held to 8 points in their last game vs nova and I think he bounces back big time at home and the pirates cover 2 points. Should be a good game either way. GL fellas

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

I like Seton Hall ML; OK State + the points (backs against the wall, markel brown gonna go to work, no felix or holmes for texas); and I like Ohio state - the points (at home, great defense, Michigan is coming back down to earth.)

shayman23
    shayman23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

Why is people picking Marquette on the road they have won 2 true road games this season and seton hall only lost by 1 at their place. Anyone have anymore insight on this game?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by shayman23 View Post
    Why is people picking Marquette on the road they have won 2 true road games this season and seton hall only lost by 1 at their place. Anyone have anymore insight on this game?
    I like Hall, but two bad teams..

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

As of now I have no full plays

Few Leans:

Marq +2
    Wake +6 ( but looks like their best player may be out or atleast banged up, so no play)
    Ohio St Ml (strongest lean)
    Wyoming 1H

Gotta make some calls and look deeper,

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

I have locked in 2 plays: Ohio state -3; Clemson +6

chalk46
    chalk46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

Anyone like the over in OSU/Mich 128.5

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by chalk46 View Post
    Anyone like the over in OSU/Mich 128.5
    For whatver it's worth, I have that going slightly under, 124-126 points.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

Anybody else thoughts on Wyoming - SDSU?

Wyoming arena is the highest elevation in NCAA, but Aztecs should have the depth to still get a W.
    Can they shut down Nance Jr?

labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3717

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    seton hall -2 is interesting. lost by 1 to marquette by 1 at their place in january... Marquette doesnt travel particularly well as theyve only won 2 road games all year...
    Marquette has won the last 4 out of 5 @ SH

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by labones00 View Post
    Marquette has won the last 4 out of 5 @ SH
    They are down this year though. I don't think I'm playing this game. Was just interesting looking at the line

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...tuesdays-game/

He's out, I guess line makes a little more sense now.

Leaning Wyoming, Bama, Vols, Buckeyes

Releford will own the trashy Marshall Henderson tomorrow.
    Cmn bro that story was for last week. I'm pretty sure he's playing can't find anything saying he's out. Also don't hate on the great Henderson that guy is a stud. The bet of the day is Florida the best team in college.

KRIT

Lines ain't really dancing the way I wanted them too. Laying off Bama for now. Looking at Wyoming, Vols, Texas and Ohio st.

and my bad on that Javan Felix article. Searched for that half asleep late last night.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

No problem man would be great if Felix was out. Want to bet on ok st but probably will pass. Gl tho.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

I thought he was out too lol oops

KRIT

Yeah passing on that game altogether. FYI, Holmes is out for Texas.

KRIT

Ended up playing Vols +2 and Vols 1H, lost on Seton Hall 1H (what a tease, came back from down 12 with a shot to cover 1H and totally choked the last minute). Took Vols +2 2H.

On the fence with Wyoming, probably wait til last minute on that game. Can't make up my mind on the Ohio St game, probably just lay off.