derekjetr02
    derekjetr02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Florida at Tennessee

#3 Florida (21-2, 10-0 SEC) opened as a very slim 1-point road favorite at Tennessee (15-8, 6-4 SEC) and was immediately bet up to 1.5 points. Florida humiliated Tennessee 67-41 on January 25th in Gainesville. Tennessee coach Cuonzo Martin said that Florida's defense 'was the best defense he's ever seen'. Tennessee shot 15 of 56 from the field and a paltry 1-of-19 from 3-point range. This was Billy Donovan's best field goal and three-point defensive performance as Florida's head coach. Gators have won 15 straight games and allowed just 57.9 points per game.

Tennessee guard Jordan McRae is looking for revenge. The Gators held McRae to just five points on 1-of-15 shooting. Since the defeat, McRae is shooting 57% from 3-point range and has averaged 23 points per game.

Since freshman Darius Thompson has been added to the starting lineup, the Vols have averaged 73.5 points per game and only 9.5 turnovers per game. However, Florida has countered with freshman forward Chris 'Sky' Walker.

Key Stat: Tennessee is shooting 48% from the field at home while hitting an impressive 41% of their 3-pointers.

Pick: This is another case of a bubble team needing a resume building win. We were on Kansas State and West Virginia yesterday and both delivered big wins. Tennessee needs one too. They're playing with revenge and this is a traditional SEC rivalry game. Given Florida's defensive presence, I don't feel as great picking Tennessee as I did picking West Virginia and Kansas State. Florida's team is more experienced and features more senior leaders. Tennessee can get hot from 3-point range at home and build a big lead. Florida isn't a great 3-point shooting, ranking 184th in the nation. Given their massive beatdown just two weeks ago, could Florida look past Tennessee as they eye their huge road match-up against Kentucky on Saturday?

Still, the books are begging people to take Florida and lay the point. Don't fall into the trap and take the Vols.

Official Pick: Tennessee +1.5
    Last edited by derekjetr02; 02-10-14 at 11:58 PM.

Taint
    Taint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

When ppl put " will they look past" it's an automatic fade to whatever that person picks

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

I completely understand the logic u r using but this is my logic. Florida is the best defensive team in the country and they blew the VOLS away by 26 at Florida. Now do I expect another 26 point win, of course not but I do expect a 5-7 point win. McRae shot terrible, was it because he just missed? Or was it that the Gator defense was all over him? UK is not that far behind in the conference and Florida can't afford losses. They want to win the conference. I already put my wager in on the Gators only because they are the hottest team in the nation right now and have the best "D" in the nation. It should be a really good game! Can't wait to watch it. I'm in for a cool 100 clams! Hope I'm still smiling at 9:30PM tonight! It will be over by then.

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Nice write-up, GL

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

You've been on point....nice call yest on WVU fools gold always gets me smh.......taking fl here...just so much better of a team..

derekjetr02
    derekjetr02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Should be a great game. Good luck to all.