WhatALoser
    WhatALoser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

1/29/14 Iowa State at Kansas

OVERALL 35-25-1(+9.45) ATS 13-14-1(-2.06) ML 1-2(-.28) TOTALS 21-9(+11.79)
    NBA- 5-3 NCAAB- 16-11-1 NFL- 3-5
    NCAAF- 8-3 NHL- 3-2 MLB- 0-0 SOC 0-1
    1/28/14 recap 0-1 [Chi -1]

Iowa State +8.5(-110) at Kansas 5 dimes

You'd be hard pressed to convince me Iowa State isn't highly motivated to take on Kansas tonight and to erase the 4 for 25 from behind the arc shooting night they had last time they met. They shot 4 for 25 from three point land and still lost by only 7 points and Tharpe for Kansas was hitting everything he chucked up. I have no problem taking the points here and will be pondering to take the moneyline all day.

UBNVS
    UBNVS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5878

This Kansas team is starting to come together quite nicely...

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iowa St. is really sliding and hasn't covered their last 5. Kansas however is playing their best basketball and Wiggins only shows up in the big games. Like KU small.

WhatALoser

Kansas looks good only because they have played weak competition. 8.5 is to much. They haven't played anybody in a while. They blew out tcu in their last game which proves nothing and the game before that was a win against Baylor who we now know is complete trash. Good luck.

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

ISU's last 2 road games they were favored and lost by 7 to blowu and 10 to the Horns. ISU had to hang on against Kansas St. two nights ago at home, the same team KU beat recently at home by 26. Two teams going in the opposite direction.

ISU is dangerous though the way they can shoot the 3. If they get hot watch out. KU did not do a good job defending the 3 against Baylor the other night.

BobbySugar
    BobbySugar's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a high number to cover for KU, even at home. They dominated Baylor last week and still did not cover the 10 points and this line is inflated due to Iowa State's recent downward spiral and KU starting to come together. I would not bet KU here, but I would also throw out the Iowa State ML all together, as that is not going to happen tonight.

BobbySugar
    BobbySugar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also, KU has played one of, if not the toughest schedule in the country, so to say they look good because of low competition is untrue

GHSCREW
    Where did Kemba Go?
    GHSCREW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, the one thing that got me about this game was 8.5 points to quality opponent is a lot to cover, even at home. That's why I see Richmond +8.5 as a smart play. As for this game, Kansas I believe would have to put Iowa St. away early, as anything close in the second half would definitely make this a 1 or a 2 possession game.

WhatALoser

It is true. Since they last played which wasn't that long ago considering it's only been 3 games, Kansas has played Oklahoma State, Baylor and Tcu. Sure Iowa State had lost 3 straight prior to defeating Kansas State the other day but they lost against a red hot Texas team who is clearly in the zone. They hung with Oklahoma and the win over Kansas State shows a lot. It shows a team whose not quite done yet. Kansas State is also a team that defends the 3 ball well and Iowa State went 9-18 from behind the arc just in time for this important game. Nothing in the past 2 weeks suggests to me Kansas should be 8.5 point favorites over Iowa State tonight. It's going to be a great game.
    Last edited by WhatALoser; 01-29-14 at 12:39 PM.

WhatALoser

I was one click away from putting in Iowa State +340 but didn't. Don't have the balls to play around like that tonight. I do see it's 8 and moneyline is +317 at pinnacle right now so others must feel the same way I do.

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

I've watched Kansas' last few games and they look completely different than they did earlier in the season. They move the ball around as good as any team in the land and they are balanced inside and out. I'm not gonna give advice on the spread because 8.5 is a lot. I'm staying away.

WhatALoser

I guess what I'm trying to get at, what has really changed in the past few weeks that somebody would lay 8.5 with Kansas? Has Kansas really impressed that much against inferior competition to the point where you would lay 8.5 against a team like Iowa State? Why should a healthy Kane and company be 8.5 point dogs against Kansas? What has changed so much to warrant this point spread? Home court really means that much? Usually these games hover around 5/5.5/6. Iowa state being down double digits at half while riding a 3 game losing streak and coming back to knock off Kansas State was impressive to me. They could have packed it in but they didn't. It showed me a lot. You always have to keep in mind, it's just one bet for me. I'm not suggesting anybody go all in on Iowa State but to give them this many points is ridiculous.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BobbySugar

UBNVS
    UBNVS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5878

Always take the winning program. Winning teams find a way to win. Easy cover. No sweat tonight.