2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

sunday hoops discussion, plays, whatever..

was just starting thread when totals started popping..be back in a minute.. anyone ready to start talking bout card by all means feel free to get it started.

hoot29576
    hoot29576's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3592

I like cinn, minn and smu today

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Houston is bad but they play OK at home. Kim hitting Cinci and Memphis 1st half.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Harvard is very interesting to me today.

They Beat Dartmouth by 16 @ home right after the UCONN near upset on the road.

Then they get blown out by a not so good FAU club

I know its difficult to come back and beat a squad by DD+ twice (especially in that span)

But on paper man The Crimson should get so many more opportunities to score and have a big edge at the line.

You'd like to think Amaker had them working hard since that blow out loss

Another point is that teams that have over a week off (idealy 10 days) normally start off very slow. This is the 8th day since The Big Green have played. Also they have dropped 4 in a row, all by DD & have played the 305/351 weakest schedule.

Maybe Harvard 1st half is a better play but I have a feeling the Crimson will be getting at-least a $50 investment from me.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 01-26-14 at 09:19 AM.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Huskers at home >>> Gophers - Andre Hollins

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I see what you guys are saying about NEB but I can't go against Minny right now.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by hoot29576 View Post
    I like cinn, minn and smu today
    i gotta say as bad as temple has looked i like them catching points at home today.. in the game @ cincy cummings didnt play for the owls who their only true pg, they only shot 50% from the charity stripe, turned it over little more than they typically do (of coarse were missing a ball handler) and were still only down 2 with 6 min to go in the second half before cincy pulled away...owls have some capable scorers and lets face it cincy offense can be ugly in the halfcourt if they arnt forcing turnovers which i think temple can limit , temple did hold their own on the boards decently last gm and they will need to do that again but i think even if cincy beats them on the boards a little more cummings back and a higher ft percentage from the owls should keep this close...i like the over as well but be warned this was only total i got in at open before it moved up a little and yesterday that total of mine got roasted, lol.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I see what you guys are saying about NEB but I can't go against Minny right now.
    im with you i wasnt too interested in that gm.. i didnt have a strong feel one way or the other.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

As Louisvillekid, backing Pitinos is in you DNA heh heh.

UNL is tough as nails at home (losing only to UM by 1) and shoots the ball with much more confidence there. Gophers not good on road and off huge win over Wisky. Huskers want and need this more, and with Andre Hollins out, i think they'll get it. one of UNL's weaknesses is fouling too much, but Hollins hands down best on Gophers at drawing fouls, plus think Huskers will have edge in half-court offense down stretch with Hollins out. BOL today pal.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    As Louisvillekid, backing Pitinos is in you DNA heh heh.

UNL is tough as nails at home (losing only to UM by 1) and shoots the ball with much more confidence there. Gophers not good on road and off huge win over Wisky. Huskers want and need this more, and with Andre Hollins out, i think they'll get it. one of UNL's weaknesses is fouling too much, but Hollins hands down best on Gophers at drawing fouls, plus think Huskers will have edge in half-court offense down stretch with Hollins out. BOL today pal.

So true

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i gotta say as bad as temple has looked i like them catching points at home today.. in the game @ cincy cummings didnt play for the owls who their only true pg, they only shot 50% from the charity stripe, turned it over little more than they typically do (of coarse were missing a ball handler) and were still only down 2 with 6 min to go in the second half before cincy pulled away...owls have some capable scorers and lets face it cincy offense can be ugly in the halfcourt if they arnt forcing turnovers which i think temple can limit , temple did hold their own on the boards decently last gm and they will need to do that again but i think even if cincy beats them on the boards a little more cummings back and a higher ft percentage from the owls should keep this close...i like the over as well but be warned this was only total i got in at open before it moved up a little and yesterday that total of mine got roasted, lol.
    Id recommend owls 1st half

they are much better 1st half team 2nd

early in year was great trend

cobh44
    cobh44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Ville -

Side note, Dartmouth's best player tore acl this week in practice - the Gabas kid. 6'10 and by far best player. They have no one inside after he tore acl.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Harvard is very interesting to me today.

They Beat Dartmouth by 16 @ home right after the UCONN near upset on the road.

Then they get blown out by a not so good FAU club

I know its difficult to come back and beat a squad by DD+ twice (especially in that span)

But on paper man The Crimson should get so many more opportunities to score and have a big edge at the line.

You'd like to think Amaker had them working hard since that blow out loss

Another point is that teams that have over a week off (idealy 10 days) normally start off very slow. This is the 8th day since The Big Green have played. Also they have dropped 4 in a row, all by DD & have played the 305/351 weakest schedule.

Maybe Harvard 1st half is a better play but I have a feeling the Crimson will be getting at-least a $50 investment from me.

Thoughts?
    locked this in

Ticket#:27801894
    Jan 26 04:00 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Jan 26 10:44 AM CBB STRAIGHT BET
    [835] HARVARD -11½-105
    105 / 100

Quote Originally Posted by cobh44 View Post
    Ville -

Side note, Dartmouth's best player tore acl this week in practice - the Gabas kid. 6'10 and by far best player. They have no one inside after he tore acl.
    Saw that and the only slight edge they had was on the offensive glass, Harvard by 20

Thanks for posting

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Looks like I beat the move to 12 as well

2daBank

what better utes or the under? 15 well 14.5 now seems like too much, think it be a grind it out type gm but guess i worry if utes can score on zona? think if the get between 50-55 they have a strong chance of covering of coarse that puts me well under the total.

cobh44
    cobh44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Thoughts on SMU -4? SMU has been great this year ATS and at home. But, on the road 5-4 and have struggled a bit. Houston has been very good at home.

Initial thought is I like SMU, but a little gun shy now and not sure it's a play.

Thoughts?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Can Marist Play big and pull an upset today?

Gut feeling, they did already beat them once.

However 1-10 in last 11 on the road takes some balls to take the +400

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Also Illinois is really struggling and IU could be in a nice bounce back spot

2daBank

Can Marist Play big and pull an upset today?

Gut feeling, they did already beat them once.

However 1-10 in last 11 on the road takes some balls to take the +400
    i was paying way more attention to the quinn/man gm,, but ill look at this one real quick.. would like to know if Drame can play for quinnipiac? i guess im assuming no or i prob shouldnt wanna take them catching 10.5 freaking points after winning the 1st meeting,? would rather they didnt beat them once with this line, guess the ft discrepancy they had at home if anything will be much closer to even but Manhattan fouls a lot..

2daBank

temple+7.5

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I got a chance to grab Memphis -7.5 1st half, so I did that, and IU -6 with Sheehy back and coming off the recent home loss at the hands of NW it will be rowdy up in Assembly Hall.

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    I got a chance to grab Memphis -7.5 1st half, so I did that, and IU -6 with Sheehy back and coming off the recent home loss at the hands of NW it will be rowdy up in Assembly Hall.

4-0 yesterday (3-0 posted plays, played Pitt-3.5 but couldn't post it cuz I had to go pick up a bunch of wood for or my new floors. Damn dog and rough boys have ruined the carpets.)

hope the the streak continues thru Tuesday if ya know what I mean

2daBank

are you just saying that cause illini are balling out ? scoring like 54 points a gm the last 4! yea hard to argue with hoosiers, although not sure if they can shoot so it might be ugly..

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    are you just saying that cause illini are balling out ? scoring like 54 points a gm the last 4! yea hard to argue with hoosiers, although not sure if they can shoot so it might be ugly..

I am am talking about the fans being rowdy and that the last home game for IU was the loss against NW, the one before that was when they rushed the court after beating Wisky. Fans are frothing at the mouth.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Utah +15 seems like a gift. All their losses this year have been by 4 points or less, and they shoot over 50% from the field as a team. I dont even think I'd play Arizona ML. I'm worried Arizona gets their first loss of the season tonight. Usually 14 or 15+ point teams are locks, but I cant say that about Arizona tonight.

2daBank

I am am talking about the fans being rowdy and that the last home game for IU was the loss against NW, the one before that was when they rushed the court after beating Wisky. Fans are frothing at the mouth.
    im just screwing around cause illini is so bad offensively, almost as painful to watch as fans rushing the court like winning a gm is awesome..interesting gm i guess, hoosiers one of few teams illi has scored points against but id think that correctable seeing how they terrible. then i guess the question becomes can hoosiers knock down enough shots cause illi will force them too, if they shoot anywhere near 45% from 3 again it shouldnt be close.

theforce
    theforce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Someone talk me off of the Wramblin Wreck. NC State is a mess right now and the Yellow Jackets have shown some signs of resurgence here lately.

Ignore this. Im a dumb ass.